Search results

+
  1. P

Best processor to get

Me too. Intel was mopping the floor with AMD for the last couple of years (their entire Athlon lineup was really dated) with their core2's and the i7 is great if you want to drop mundo cash (not really worth it for games, it only really cleans up in benchmarks and other apps), but with the...
  2. P

Best processor to get

I've heard. Looking, it's a bit cheaper than the Canada Computers down the street, especially on that mobo (the CPU is only cheaper because it's on sale). A good chunk of that would be eating up by shipping. Not worth it to me when I can pick things up (and return them if necessary) nearby.The...
  3. P

Best processor to get

Unfortunately you are in the same boat as me: Socket 939 (or maybe older 754) that can only take older processors and DDR1 RAM. AM2 (DDR2) has been out for a few years now and AM3 (DDR3) is just out recently.I've been eying an AM3 setup so that I won't have to upgrade the Mobo/RAM again any time...
  4. P

Gaming systems

Thanks for the info, I didn't realize the CPU was so limiting in this game. Thinking back it makes sense, every time I quit the game and look at task manager the CPU usage history is maxed out. Also explains why the GPU doesn't heat up much when I play this game (haven't checked with others this...
  5. P

What does your Nick Name mean?

Mine's really nerdy...a pn junction is a region in a semiconductor where p-doped material meets n-doped material. Essentially a diode, they're also found in BJTs and MOS transistors.I was up really late studying for semiconductor physics midterm when I had to come up with a nick and stuck with it.
  6. P

Gaming systems

CPU: Athlon X2 4200+ @ 2.75 GHz w/ OCZ GladiatorMobo: Asus A8N-E nForce4RAM: 4x512MB Samsung DDR400Video: Asus DK TOP EAH4870 512MB @ 815/925HD: 2x300GB Maxtor RAID0PSU: Corsair TX650WLCD: 24" BenQ G2400WSound: SB Audigy 2 ZSTV: Hauppage HVR-1250 PCIeCan you tell which parts are new and what's...
  7. P

[GENERAL] Why no open ended world

I like that the chapters are pretty much 'free play' in and of themselves, especially the first 4. If you want to be a completist you just have to do everything in a chapter before moving to the next one (well to really do everything you'd have to play multiple times due to the choices).Cutting...
Top Bottom