Search results

+
  1. V

gamespot.com

Oh my, that will be a major argument in favor of playing the game for some people that played the first game and complained about the loading screens :o
  2. V

[TW1][mod] Doppler's Essence

must be very funny to support the elves in an de Aldersberg model ;D
  3. V

How long did it take you to complete The Witcher? And what char level?

pst..that early grinding won't make your later grinding any easier, as it's just a little bit of xp on the high levels.. :whistle:
  4. V

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings leaked video FAQ

it's good to be back :)From this video I figure the boss fights are going to be more difficult and realistic. I'm all for that. Is there any thread in the forum yet about the possible relations between the eding cutscene of The Witcher and the title of The Witcher 2? :teeth:
  5. V

The Over-40 Hang-out

Well, I don't watch horror movies, but having recently played a horror shooter named F.E.A.R. 2(bleh), and even more recently, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines(again bleh), I'd say I really didn't need my imagination to feel horrified many times, and swear at the game to relieve myself ;D I...
  6. V

The Over-40 Hang-out

Call me a details freak if you must, but I think there was fairly little actual horror in the Witcher though, despite the generally dark athmosphere. First thing that comes to mind was the intro of act I with Alvin and the girl running from the barghests, err maybe some cutscenes in "The Heat of...
  7. V

Did you use a walkthrough first time through?

Hmm, the first time I used a walkthrough for chapter 2 since I couldn't figure out what to do with the sephiroths quest and my Geralt wasn't very well-versed combat wise, so he was literally overwhelmed by the monsters, while roaming around the swamp searching for clues, and I'm not just talking...
  8. V

YOU FAVOURITE R T Strategy

I wouldn't know which one is most popular here online, since I suck at RTS, but in the local game clubs DotA seems to be most popular :hmmm:
  9. V

What does your Nick Name mean?

it's my real name with a twist. In other words, how a friend used to call me :)
  10. V

Funny Witcher videos on You Tube

;D I liked it, but if you're not into sex jokes you might not enjoy it as much
  11. V

[ACT II] How to get into the cemetery

I want to get in the cemetery, but I don't know how to trigger "A gravedigger's gratitude" - do I have to have completed the autopsy and the investigations in order to unlock that quest and find real raymond's body? lol .. The wiki entry for that quest starts with "once the cemetery is open" but...
  12. V

I cannot stop trying to level-grind

ah yes, concerning the beauty of the level design..I've found that it works wonders in appreciating it in game to simply walk sideways while facing an admirable view. :)
  13. V

The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf Announced

I probably wasn't reading carefully enough, but today a friend asked me what consoles will TW:ROTWW be released for, and I wasn't sure. Now that I read this thread my understanding is that it will be out for XBox and PS3, is that correct?
  14. V

I like picking herbs

but...we don't need thousands of herbs and dozens of potions to finish the game smoothly, even on Hard? ???
  15. V

Caption the Screenshot

Geralt: So that's how Javed escaped Kaer Mohren back then! ;)
  16. V

I cannot stop trying to level-grind

I totally don't see how this happens to you. Last time I tried grinding the Black isle in act IV, more precisely, the place where basilisks tend to respawn, I spent 4-5 23 hour campings without ever triggering a respawn, and that was enough to make me quit thinking of level grinding..(or did I...
  17. V

[ACT I] Ozzrel on hard

I don't have stun talent this time around ( wasn't it a silver talent btw?) but I didn't think of touching the aard, or that secondaries would make a large difference. Thanks, I'll try it out! :)
  18. V

[GENERAL] “Unexpected” dialogue moments that you LOVED

The Professor, a little before his death, to Geralt: "So you CAN parry bolts in flight!"I absolutely loved the come back, the link to the Prologue this line made. It's links like this that make the difference between just a well-written game scenario and a masterfully written game-scenario...
  19. V

[ACT I] Ozzrel on hard

[ACT I] Ozzrel on hard I could use some advice on this one. I enter the battle against Ozzrel the ancient cemetaur with a normal steel sword with a necrophage oil coating, swallow, cat, a sign of power(which doesn't add much since I just use one Igni before starting the actual sword fight), and...
  20. V

[PROLOGUE] How do I kill Savolla

Chances are you would stun him with strong style and make the battle shorter. For some reason I kept stunning the enemies in the Prologue with just strong blows, while it didn't work that easily afterwards..
Top Bottom