Search results

+
  1. E

[TW1][mod] Full Combat Rebalance v1.3 RC

Wow. It's been aeons since I've been here. Awesome to see what you've accomplished. Anyways, thinking of finishing the game one last time before The Witcher 2. I'll of course be using this patch. I had a related query: Are the 4th level talent style Hold attacks actually useful now?I remember...
  2. E

[TW1][mod] Flash Mod v1.01

Here's how I did it:Tawny Owl & Swallow & Place of PowerRush near it, Igni it twice-thrice, run. Charge Endurance to max just outside its reach but before it goes underground. Repeat the run; it should die. If you have the Incineration-talent, level 2 Igni, level 2 Int and Place of Power-boost...
  3. E

No, you can beat her up too. That means using some bombs and Quen & Yrden to do in a reasonable time, but it's doable. There're videos in the "spoilered" area of killing the Queen with a sword & Devil's Puffball.
  4. E

Also, one thing about the Coc katrice: It has the same weakness as Ghouls, although it's fast enough to get to you. You can start an attack sequence before it can hit you, which buys you valuable extra hits. Also, one thing to remember is that while your equipment disappears, your fast item...
  5. E

I'm just gonna say, with proper playing, I haven't needed to level grind at all while playing the 3.03 mod. With proper playing, I mean proper tactical choices. For example, against Ghouls, they have a bit shorter reach than you and your first attacks force them to retreat, so a good tactic is...
  6. E

Quests without Beastiary

Also, you can talk to some people and learn about some monsters from them. This may require the "Monster Lore"-skill (not 100% on that). So talk to a lot of people, it's always a good idea.
  7. E

Where are you from ?

Finland here!
  8. E

Why proper translation skills are important...

Needs moar Engrish Funny!Like turds:Or pot head in kitchen:And I can't believe this thread still lacks the most famous mistranslation of all times:All your base are belong to us!
  9. E

[ACT II] SWAMP area question

It should appear until you kill him. Check the corner of the clay pits on the road towards the swamp cave and the woodcutters. That's a surefire way of finding Coccacidium. This map shows the exact location (#8). Of course, it may be that it doesn't reappear there if it's appeared again. You...
  10. E

Character Creation Guide (Stats, and Strategies)

Well, there ARE a few choices you can make, but they mostly come down to priorities. Basic stats are always the most valuable (especially Str and Dex since they increase your HP and reduce the damage you take while also increasing your damage/accuracy), but you can either focus on the sword...
  11. E

[ACT II] SWAMP area question

I'm playing with Keyboard&Mouse from behind-the-shoulders, which makes it very easy to finish off bloodzuiger, run, let the explosion hurt the others and repeat. But fire works really well on them. In fact, fire works really well on everything, especially on the swamp. Ritual of Magic, Swallow...
  12. E

What does your Nick Name mean?

Lessee, it seems I'm Elealar here. That would have to be a word of Quenya, the High Elven language of Tolkien's world. The word "el"/"elen" means "star" and the word "alar" mean "light". So my nick would pretty much mean "starlight" in High Quenyan. Elalar or Elenalar would be a more correct...
  13. E

not many girls on the Witcher forum

I'll say this: After anime and tabletop RPG forums, this seems to be the most gender-balanced forum I've seen (the formers might actually tip the other way, so this might be even more so). In fact, it seems to come very accurately down to about 50/50 split between visible posters (and who can...
  14. E

Difficulty level for a first time player

I agree with the general consensus, the game gets much easier as you level up; once you get high level Igni, Int & Stamina, you don't even need sword anymore with endurance potions. You'll pretty much be a walking inferno. That said, if the game felt Hard, I suggest you continue on hard unless...
  15. E

[ACT I] the beast help

The Circle of Elements near the Salamandra hideout is for Aard. The one in the Crypt is for Igni. There's usually one Circle of Elements for each sign you've got in each chapter (you can tell from the Circle-colours, and also, by moving your cursor over the icon that appears when you use it...
  16. E

[ACT I] Where can I get Cat?

With high graphics settings, I haven't encountered this; the vision is about as good as in daylight (although when out of caverns, I sometimes encounter glitches where the camera goes inside buildings). Then again, I have brightened up my monitor by quite a bit too. I like to use Albedo Cat as...
  17. E

[ACT I] the beast help

I suggest the same I've always suggested: Before entering the Salamandra hideout, go to the nearby Place of Power, perform Ritual of Magic, and go to the Circle of Elements. That means there's a very high chance your first Aard succeeds in stunning, and if it doesn't, your second probably will...
  18. E

[PRICE OF NEUTRALITY] How to get a certain sex card

Yea, I really liked how they aren't a given in PoN. That said, I managed to screw both up the first time; I'm just a bit snide.
  19. E

You know you play "The Witcher" too much when....

-You begin to think whether the girl you're hitting on is an aristrocrat or a hooker; aristocrats want froks while hookers want jewelry after all!-You walk into peoples' houses, attach way more stuff than normally possible to all kinds of straps hanging from your suit and expect nobody to say...
  20. E

[GENERAL] Quests I can afford to skip

They're also fairly expendable so offer you some nice decisions. For example, I didn't kill the Wraith for Hildegard, since clearly he had arranged his husband's death and the ghost had appeared for vengeance. Ghosts don't just appear, so I'm inclined to believe that his wife is a whore if he...
Top Bottom