Search results

+
  1. P

SOLVED Witcher 3 and NVMe drives

The issue has been solved. The source of the problem was Windows itself, specifically the Creators spring update! After clean installing Windows 10 Fall update, the issue has been completely fixed, and Witcher 3 plays buttery smooth on my 960 Pro the way it should have from the get go...
  2. P

@ SigilFey, thanks for the input man. It took awhile for me to respond because I actually uninstalled the game because I was so pissed off. Later on though, I wondered if the stuttering might have been due to the Logitech gaming software that I had installed. That gave me some issues with...
  3. P

Witcher 3 and NVMe drives I'm beginning to think this game is incompatible with NVMe drives due to the way the game streams data, which seems to be more optimized for SATA drives. I recently bought a Samsung 960 Pro 1TB, and although the game loads faster than ever, I'm noticing micro stutter...
  4. P

"The Witcher 3 Has 96 Animations Just For Geralt's Combat"

Funny, but when I posted my thread "Witcher 3 needs combat overhaul" most people seemed to disagree with me. One of my biggest critiques in that thread were that the combat animations were slow, jarring and repetitive. It's not uncommon for Geralt to repeat the EXACT same animation...
  5. P

Petition to implement Blood and Wine's technical advancements into the entirety of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

I'm pretty sure they're going to do it eventually. Contrary to what some people believe, there is a lot of incentive for CDPR to do this: 1) The Witcher 3 is an immensely popular game that will be played by many gamers for a very long time; especially on PC. Games can remain viable for many...
  6. P

[Spoilers] Confused about vampires in Blood and Wine and the Witcherverse

So as you can see, there are discrepancies..
  7. P

But bruxae appear to be created, at least from the Witcher games as there are incidents in the first Witcher game, and even in the third which supports that notion.. I don't suppose you know how they reproduce? But since they are obviously male and female vampires, then the likely answer is...
  8. P

[Spoilers] Confused about vampires in Blood and Wine and the Witcherverse Simple questions really.. 1) Are vampires alive, or undead? 2) Are they born, or are they created from a host species like a human, elf etcetera? And if they are born, do they reproduce sexually? Blood and Wine, or...
  9. P

Witcher 3 needs a combat overhaul

When I first played the Witcher 3 last year, I would have rated the combat mechanics a 7.5, or even an 8 out of 10. I liked the strategic aspect of the combat, like positioning, signs, potions, bombs etcetera, which must be employed if you're to survive on the higher difficulties. But with my...
  10. P

If Geralt FAST attacks an opponent and scores a hit and you fast attack again in a very small time frame after that hit was scored, then he will do a combo hit with a different animation which is much faster than if you had missed the time window, which essentially forces you to repeat the first...
  11. P

"sigh" People seem to think that "complaining" about the combat system, must mean I am doing it wrong, or I suck or whatever. Well I'm not doing it wrong. I don't find the combat system challenging at all to say the least, and I don't need any tips. But since some of you asked for specifics...
  12. P

It's not a question of whether I find the combat difficult or challenging, because I don't. Right now I'm playing NG+ and Geralt is level 72... The problem is, that the combat isn't fluid, and Geralt is too slow and clunky. I can work around these issues easily, but that doesn't mean they...
  13. P

Witcher 3 needs a combat overhaul While I've always loved the Witcher series for it's deep and engaging storyline, memorable characters, settings etcetera, the more I play the Witcher 3, the more I hate the combat. While it's not bad per say, it definitely needs a full overhaul. I've died...
  14. P

Graphics upgrades beyond B&W

Yeah, and remember that PC gets stronger over time as well. This year we have NVidia's Pascal GPU coming out for instance, which is significantly more powerful than anything out now. If CDPR wants The Witcher 3 to age well, they should really think about releasing an EE version with better...
  15. P

I agree with you about the excessive fog and color grading choices. They both really diminish the beauty of the base game. Regarding the size, I think that's the reason why they used so much fog. They had to drastically tone down the level of detail over distance because of the consoles, and...
  16. P

I'll take your word for it as you know far more about this than I do ;) But B&W really does look a whole lot better though, much better than how I thought it would look to be honest. I'm surprised at not only the amount of new assets, but the quality of them as well. That's why they need to...
  17. P

The lighting has definitely been improved. It says it right there in the article: So it's definitely not the same as the main game and looks better..
  18. P

The main game NEEDS graphical enhancements, and whatever engine enhancements they made for B&W, should also be rolled into the main game.. As beautiful as the Witcher 3 is (thanks mainly to it's art direction), the graphical quality is extremely poor in certain areas. The lighting being one of...
  19. P

Graphics and Audio Thread

Signed 100%! I was just about to post this exact request! For me, the biggest graphical problems in the Witcher 3 are definitely the water (it's the worst water in any AAA game by far) and the LoD. The LoD is probably a result of the slow streaming of the engine and won't be improved...
  20. P

Petition for the "Enhanced edition" aka Legacy for the ages

This game doesn't need an enhanced edition, but it would greatly benefit from one. Just look at what Techland, another Polish developer is doing with Dying Light. They are releasing an enhanced edition which improves graphics, A.I, gameplay, audio and other things.. They got this straight...
Top Bottom