Search results

+
  1. B

The Players Responsibility?

The Players Responsibility? We see a lot of discussion about what we want from a developer or publisher but what is our responsibility as consumers? Should we care about whether a game studio is taking a risk, or anything but the quality and value for money of their finished product? Should...
  2. B

Blothulfur's Positive Thoughts

Blothulfur's Positive Thoughts Gods holy trousers i've heard a lot of bellyaching and whining lately, negative Normans and Nancies giving it large, well enoughs is enoughs I says: Let's have some positivity, let's forget about any worries, have a few cold shots of Vodka, link our arms and...
  3. B

Game Journalism - Unfit for purpose?

Game Journalism - Unfit for purpose? A simple question, is game journalism unfit for purpose? As with any other form of journalism, game journalism should strive to inform and constructively criticise the games industry from an objective viewpoint, or as near as that is actually possible...
  4. B

Who's up for a threesome?

Who's up for a threesome? Allright who's up for it then? Who's gonna do a straight runthrough of both the Witcher and Assassins of Kings before the Wild Hunt comes out? Why I hear you ask, well not just for two of the best and brightest that the modern rpg genre has to offer, that quite frankly...
  5. B

Peace with the Aen Elle?

Peace with the Aen Elle? Something always bothered me about the flashbacks in Assassins of Kings, and that is the Hunt pausing at the Ravine of the Hydra. Why? Why stop there and behold the bones of their brethren? They can surely not be searching for the Elder Blood among aged bones that have...
  6. B

Arms and Armour

Arms and Armour One of the strengths of the Witcher is its realistic take on arms and armour, through the ages these accoutrements have been used for horrifying purposes, but the beauty of their craftsmanship remains. The Kingfisher floats above the water, beauty and death in a frozen moment...
  7. B

Legacy of Kain fanatic thread

Legacy of Kain fanatic thread http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcVgb4s7xFs One of the greatest narrative experiences ever devised, labyrinthine, complex, and at first glance utterly insane plots to ever grace the genre of interactive entertainment. Wrapped in resplendent, romantic and visually...
  8. B

Icewind Dale Roleplay

Icewind Dale Roleplay You stumble through deep drifts of snow, the wind mocking the heavy fur cloak that you hold tight lest it be swept away. The snowstorm swept down with all the fury of the north behind it and you were not prepared for the sudden change. An hour past the skies were clear...
  9. B

The single most important aspect missing from Assassin of Kings (18 months or over over age rating)

The single most important aspect missing from Assassin of Kings (18 months or over over age rating) I've heard a lot of criticism lately, based around hearsay and the writing of "game journalists," but what I have to say now is based on unassailable fact. There was something missing from the...
  10. B

Protagonist empowerment

Protagonist empowerment This has been building for a while now, but i've finally gotten pissed off enough to blurt it out. Slaughtering endless waves of faceless identical mooks doesn't make me feel good about my protagonist, at best it's a tactical and strategic challenge to overcome and...
  11. B

DLC ideas (because we're far too entitled and all pirates besides)

DLC ideas (because we're far too entitled and all pirates besides) New dlc's ideas, because EA, Activision and all the other publishers aren't pounding us hard enough yet: Enable left mouse button = $5. Enable right mouse button = $5. Enable all mouse button and wheels = $25. Enable W,A,S &...
  12. B

Always Online DRM

Always Online DRM Always online drm, thought it deserved its own thread, as it's a contentious subject and deserves discussing on its own merits outside of piracy threads. Pros: Cloud game saves, personally I can't see the point but they exist. Automatic updates, so the latest gamebreaking...
  13. B

The Case for Improved Graphical Fidelity

The Case for Improved Graphical Fidelity What it says in the title.
  14. B

Do you want a Deus Ex remake?

Do you want a Deus Ex remake? Reading through the playing other games thread, pleasantly reminiscing over Deus Ex and was left wondering what my fellow sons and daughters think of a remake of the original Deus Ex. The style and technological level of Human Revolution so obviously trumps the...
  15. B

The Underlying Themes of the Witcher

The Underlying Themes of the Witcher Introduction. Over the last few years I have found myself to be more enamoured of video games than traditional forms of entertainment, not only are they extremely good value for money (especially the RPG genre) but they offer us an interactivity that...
  16. B

Forsake Humanity

Forsake Humanity You are Geralt of Rivia, the white wolf and witcher of Kaer Morhen, sworn and trained from childhood to protect humanity from the monstrous. But if come the end of the Wild Hunt you are asked the question of whether to quit this doomed and vibrant world of bickering kings and...
  17. B

Triss Merigold: A wanted woman (SPOILERS)

Triss Merigold: A wanted woman (SPOILERS) It just occurs to me that on certain playthroughs, the ones where Triss is not saved, that the sorceress will be condemned just as her sisters of the lodge are. Now with Nilfgaard marching north and the nations mobilising to face them, this might not be...
  18. B

Happily ever after?

Happily ever after? Do you think it would be possible for the Witcher to walk away and end his days in happiness? Whether alone, with his brothers in the ruins of Kaer Morhen or beside his lady love on Avalon or Murky Waters. Would that be a realistic end to the White Wolfs grim and bloody...
  19. B

Poisoned or bound in a false slumber?

Poisoned or bound in a false slumber? I'm going to say SPOILERS just in case you haven't got to the end of the game on Iorveth's path, if not then fly you fools. Saskia has just been poisoned, Geralt, Iorveth and Cecil are waiting outside the doors of her home. Phillippa ceases her...
  20. B

Armour's too froofy

Armour's too froofy I have a complaint, come the end of Assassins of Kings the range of armours I can don are far too froofy. Little red bows and embroidered caresses, garish colours and artistic stresses, huge popped collars like butterfly wings, these are NOT a few of my favourite things...
Top Bottom