Search results

+
  1. L

Favorite Hair Style?

Can't remember the name off the top of my head but it's the shaved sides with the rest in a ponytail. Just think it would keep the hair away from the eyes during swordplay. Long beard though, to maintain the man-crush.
  2. L

Meaning on Geralt's Silver and Steel Swords Inscriptions, and Other Meanings.

Here's a related real life quest for knowledge, slightly off topic but just thought I'd share: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/businessclub/people/british_library/11791053/The-British-Librarys-unsolved-sword-code-is-a-gift-to-summer-puzzlers.html
  3. L

What's the hold up on 1.07?

My point is that I think there there is a difference between, "good enough for release" and "ready". I believe that it will only be ready when CPR have conclude their testing activity and declare it done and release it. If CDPR have decided to continue testing then I think that whilst the patch...
  4. L

Yes, I can. It's very simple logic. The patch will be ready when the have finished testing it. They have said to you that they are committed to test on 'other platforms', it doesn't even matter what the platforms are - if they are still testing then it is not ready. This has nothing to do with...
  5. L

I guarantee you this is the case. It'll be ready on a platform once they've finished testing; as Benzenzimmern says they'll be spending some time testing on other platforms.
  6. L

Need tips about food shortage (also rant about merchants, armorers and blacksmiths)

If you want to get out of this situation quickly my best advice is to go to Novigrad asap and then loot it, every building. You will pick up so much that it'll sustain you for a good couple of levels, at which point you then return to the level 5 wolves and can sustain yourself that way.
  7. L

Please add a new, higher difficulty level!

I don't think it's trolling to say they are the same. They really sound pretty much the same. Care to elaborate on what the difference is?
  8. L

Stash system

I'm with you OP, to be honest I think we can lug around too much as it is, I much prefer the itinerant monster hunter vibe and I think that it's far too easy to generate coin in this game - I am seriously thinking about dumping my 10k and RPing with my own constraints. That said, if you can...
  9. L

Forum - opinions, suggestions

Great, thanks ReptileZ, much appreciated!
  10. L

Forum - opinions, suggestions

Disable or limit section displayed in "Newest posts" section Hi, it seems that there's been the addition of a Newest posts section at the top of the page. I've checked in my Settings and I cannot see a way for it to be disabled (correct me if I'm wrong though). It's not a big deal...
  11. L

Roach the frustrating one!

You've got a point, it is a little odd that there is behaviour to have him follow roads but it completely disregards the path to your next quest. I invariably have to turn him, at which point he whinnies and stops, or just plain runs into trees, and then I have to start him up again. Once he's...
  12. L

relic swords and clothing

Yeah, I was hauling things like that for a while until I realized they weren't unique, instead they're were just levelled equipment that you'll just pick up again at a later point. Actually, it was quite liberating to be able to get rid of them.
  13. L

Witcher 3 might be getting a storage chest!

The fact that storage it was in 1 & 2 and is a common feature in most modern RPGs* points very heavily to the absence of storage being an intentional design choice. Why? Well, it doesn't really matter; I would suppose it has something to do with adding another layer of strategy, choice and...
  14. L

About signs through the Witcher franchise...

Totally agree. I'd say I used Aard 95% of the time in 1 & 2, others only if it was explicitly beneficial. I found every boss fight was Aard > Opportune attack a couple of time > Roll > Repeat. I knew they nailed it when I'd left White Orchard and had not used Aard once, well, I think once just...
  15. L

1.06 on Steam out now, still no mutagen stat fix\ Remaining bugs after 1.06

OK, I'm probably also suffering from this but just haven't noticed, so correct me if I'm wrong with this post. Looking at the OP kind of reveals why this won't have been fixed yet, or at least why it's not such a high priority as other defects; there's a workaround. I mean, I'm sure it's...
  16. L

Able to craft enhanced oil if I haven't create standard?

Ah, looking back at some saves it appears that maybe I did not have the standard one - I'll keep playing and see if I can find the recipe! Thanks both, I appreciate the help.
  17. L

Able to craft enhanced oil if I haven't create standard?

Able to craft enhanced oil if I haven't create standard? Hi all, I've run into something that's a little puzzling and I was wondering if anyone had any help or advice. I have picked up a formula for an Enhanced Oil, this has replaced the entry for my original Oil in the Alchemy section. The...
  18. L

V1.05 is up on GoG Galaxy and Steam

Seems that a lot of people have a lot of questions. Can I suggest that everyone who posts also adds a "Thanks for the Friday release" at the end, to CDPR. Friday releases are the worst because something will inevitably go wrong for someone using it. This means that someone will be working late...
  19. L

Storage

Gotta say I like the system as it is, in fact I think it should be further limited to the grid space as well. I'm Geralt, an itinerant witcher, I have to make hard choices not just about situations but about what is useful to me and what isn't. That's my game though, your mileage may vary.
  20. L

Does the Witcher 3 remind anybody else of Red Dead Redemption?

Absolutely, I think Richard Cobbett nailed it in his Wot I Think over at RockPaperShotgun when he called it, "An open world with the narrative depth and fidelity of a linear game" (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/05/29/the-witcher-3-review-pc/). It's spot on.
Top Bottom