Search results

+
  1. Z

The Bittersweet Ending is actually a Bad Ending ... and it's All Geralt's Fault. [SPOILERS]

Willowhugger You know, I'm just going to leave it. I've already been very clear about my stance (and more specific, since that was an issue for you) in previous threads, so you can go paruse my post history if you're still that curious. Your last post made it clear that you're heavily...
  2. Z

The Bittersweet Ending is actually a Bad Ending ... and it's All Geralt's Fault. [SPOILERS]

I believe it's the former. I have also noticed this while playing and got frustrated as the player. I did not want my Geralt to act the way he did after certain dialogue choices. It's not a matter of "oh wow that went south quick" but more like "this is not at all what the dialogue choice...
  3. Z

Well I guess that's one way to completely brush aside a valid point. If you compare Witcher 3's storytelling to one of the most basic video game narrative standard out there then yes it's basically Goethe. I think that's a really messed up way to excuse Witcher 3's narrative shortcomings or you...
  4. Z

While there's been some very interesting discussion in this thread, I feel it's ultimately impossible to tell what the intentions of the writers were. There are simply not enough handholds in this narrative for use to use to build definitive understanding(s) of the endings. They are bare bones...
  5. Z

Witcher 3 is not a good game and CDPR shouldn't change a thing

Before we wade into the games are a business vs games are an art discussion again, I just want to point out that based on what I've seen with other games, these forums are positively civil. I would even hazard to say that most people are giving feedback without that obsessive demand to see...
  6. Z

Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

That entire bit about the Thanedd ball is amazing. Geralt's interactions with the other sorceresses there are really funny. It's also one of the few times where we see Yen and Geralt together in a positive mood and it's fun to see how that plays out without their usual emotional issues causing...
  7. Z

"Good Ending" actually bad? Weigh in on your W3 ending(s) [spoilers]

Wasn't the "he tried to buy me" a comment Ciri made after your bring her to see Emhyr? I don't remember she saying anything along those lines in reference to the letter that convinced her to change her mind.
  8. Z

Do you remember where she said she wanted to make a difference? The only time she said that that I recall (and I could be wrong), is when she informs you about becoming Empress during the Epilogue. Like I said before, there wasn't any build-up towards her making such a choice so it felt like she...
  9. Z

Eredin says 12 sentences during the whole game and.....

That and I feel like in Witcher 3 they felt obligated to touch base with as many characters as possible since this is the last Geralt game. So they stretched themselves quite thin. Also looking forward to Cyberpunk.
  10. Z

Ciri acted like a "pouty teenager" in that scene for me. She also didn't have a response to Yen's line saying "The Emperor wants to give you the islands.", which I believe was the first time Emhyr's plans for Ciri were mentioned in that playthrough as I never took Ciri to see him. Kind of funny...
  11. Z

Did the ending feel quite rushed to you?

Yeah basically this. I agree with everything else you say and I have said similar things in other threads too so I'll keep it short here. Geralt's ending is woefully lacking which is causing people to scratch their heads. Result of a "rushed" ending? Maybe, impossible to say. It does need...
  12. Z

I'm biased but I'll try to post my thoughts on the endings, such as they are: Witcher Ciri: - Feels most natural given her character as we see it in the books. - Lets us imagine that Geralt-Yen-Ciri will finally become a proper family and slots in well with the "us vs the world" vibe from the...
  13. Z

Quick question

Would entirely depend on the state of mind you're in. I suspect you'd feel pretty alone and confused and any tenderness will likely make you very appreciative. I suspect you'd likely go with it unless you knew there were people in your life you should check with. That also makes the feeling of...
  14. Z

The Triss content and the inconsistency of our romance's choice

This thread does a compilation of problems and is kept relevant by the constant posting here, so why not do the same thing with the rest of the narrative problems? Why is that silly?
  15. Z

The Triss content and the inconsistency of our romance's choice

I would love to see this, but it requires a lot of time and effort to create a truly comprehensive list of suggestions. I don't think a lot of people will be up for putting such time in since it's so much easier to write a three sentence post about one thing at a time. :( It would require a few...
  16. Z

[Spoiler/Survey/Discussion] Pre-epilogue vs Post-epilogue DLC: What should CDPR focus on?

I'm actually a little bit torn about this subject. As someone who has done programming on my own small game projects, I can appreciate the huge complexity we're left with Witcher 3's post-ending. I really get what GingerEffect is saying. There's certainly a feeling of having not enough closure...
  17. Z

Some ideas for improvement after 1st playthrough.

Considering you are able to stay afloat despite wearing two swords and a full set of armour, a fatigue system would've been a good compromise. Factor in the weight of your equipped gear to your ability to swim. Might even make people take their armour off when going swimming, how funny would...
  18. Z

The Scoia'tael - Where are our favorite terrorists?

Yeah, though that could make a Scoia'tael themed expansion all the more interesting. Why is the movement so meek? Is something being done about it? What will the future hold? Iorveth's cut from the vanilla game leads me to think he may be one of the those mentioned in the expansion pass blurb...
  19. Z

Some ideas for improvement after 1st playthrough.

Couple points I want to touch on: Inventory: I'm still hoping for a game that pulls something like that off. While I really enjoy looting lots of things Diablo style, Witcher would really mesh well with a more immersive and trimmed down amount of loot. Say if you need to kill 4 or 5 Nekkers in...
  20. Z

Pretty much this. I did enjoy melting Morrigan's ice over the course of DA:O though. The payoff in the DLC where she asks your Warden to come with her was really nice and satisfying. I liked Morrigan's romance arc quite a bit, but Yen is just more interesting as a character and has more facets...
Top Bottom