Search results

+
  1. S

What disappointed you about this game?

I actually like that because I don't see the Nilfgaardians as liberators, I see them as offering something different, something neither better nor worse than the Northern Kingdoms. In this I felt they got it right, allowing us to form our own view on them without being led in that. Above...
  2. S

What disappointed you about this game?

Two things that disappointed me most about this game. The first is how choices are made for you behind the scenes almost all of which can be attributed to the lack of a save import. The other is the lack of characterization of certain characters. This is particularly prevalent within the Triss...
  3. S

Analysis: With Witcher 3 CDPR no longer treat the players like adults [SPOILERS]

It wasn't framed as a comedic ending though. The tone was not tongue in cheek, it was presented as a serious end to a serious game, therefore I would consider it bad writing. Had the game had a tongue in cheek feel throughout that ending might well have been genius. As it stands, we where...
  4. S

Analysis: With Witcher 3 CDPR no longer treat the players like adults [SPOILERS]

I haven't read the full chain so forgive me if i'm off target on this but not pleasing everyone is not the same as chronic under characterisation, giant plot holes and poor game play mechanics to determine story outcome. CDPR didn't need to please everyone in order to achieve those things. It's...
  5. S

What about Devil's pit in TW 3?

Doubtful anything will be added before the Enhanced Edition (or whatever they're calling it). Wait until details of that are released.
  6. S

Did you like the Geralt's supporting role in W3?

The story is about Geralt's relationship with Ciri, a father/daughter relationship story, rather than either one of them in and of themselves. The story was never the problem, it was the bits they missed out that were.
  7. S

Why do so many prefer Temeria over Nilfgaard?

North Korea is a disciplined state with a large (conscripted) army, where crime is minimal because of harsh sentencing; Would you like to be invaded by them?
  8. S

Bandits on horseback in White Orchard?

Only people on Horseback I remember where Soldiers. Sure you didn't piss off the local constabulary? There are lots of mounted bandits in the marshes of Velen, North of the Hang Man's tree, near the Bridges across to boarder crossing. Could you be thinking of those?
  9. S

Quests, in your opinion, have poor endings or ones that need to be improved.[Spoilers]

That's not how I saw it. Each to their own though. Either way it's conclusion wasn't very good but at the same time that is probably because most people had a preconception of it being another chance for Geralt to get his end away. It's probably as much our fault as it was the writers to be fair.
  10. S

Quests, in your opinion, have poor endings or ones that need to be improved.[Spoilers]

I think the reason people find Fencing lessons so strange is because people never felt the Nilfgaard were the evil empire the game continually tried to portray. I suspect the end comments were meant to reinforce that point and failed because most people (judging from comments on this forum over...
  11. S

Coincidence? I Think Not.

It was a rhetorical question and yes, Humans from the Witcher world originally came from Earth during the previous conjunction of spheres. Elves, I believe, similarly came from the planet of the Aen Elle. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what is actually native to the Witcher world's planet...
  12. S

Coincidence? I Think Not.

Where do you think Humans came from?
  13. S

I realized another reason why TW2 is superior to TW3

I agree with that. For me I'd say The Witcher 2 wins on story and character development, The Witcher 3 wins on gameplay and acting. On the latter, it's gotten progressively better game on game. The Witcher's acting is, now looking back at it, hilariously bad. The Witcher 2's isn't much better...
  14. S

Triss Merigold of Maribor (All Spoilers) Resurgence

As upset as people have been with all the inconsistencies in the writing and under development of various characters? Sure there'd have been the usual moaning that the game wasn't released on time but once it had, and had been in a far more complete state than it was, people would soon have...
  15. S

The Witcher Schools and their Decline

It's a time of change, just as in our own history, were more and more people raise and start to live in cities rather than small, scattered communities. The 'Monster's will likely be on the wane as well as their habitat is destroyed, just as our own 'monsters' were. There are references within...
  16. S

The Witcher Schools and their Decline

I believe the Bear is mentioned only in passing and any details in this game are a CDPR creation.
  17. S

Triss Merigold of Maribor (All Spoilers) Resurgence

It doesn't guarantee it but if it was to be done, it would be in a release of that magnitude rather than a patch. If they're to address Triss they'll likely do it as part of a a package of fixes for a lot of the writing issues in the game. Either way, it won't be this year. Not only is the next...
  18. S

Hardest fight in the game? Possible spoilers inside.

Oh yeah, I remember now. Turned out it was one of those not quite-as-it-first-seems quests. Thanks for reminding me :)
  19. S

Yeah, that's the one. Never knew that. That Troll has one hell of a right hook on him :P
  20. S

The one on Skellige? Can't remember getting the option to befriend him?
Top Bottom