Search results

+
  1. S

New demo vid of The Banner Saga from PAX

New demo vid of The Banner Saga from PAX Saw this on YouTube over the weekend: Looks like the game is shaping up nicely. Love the art style, reminds of animated films. Plus it has turn based combat and a choice system that will have real effects in-game. The lack of voice overs isn't a...
  2. S

One of the most passionate Witcher 2 reviews I've seen

One of the most passionate Witcher 2 reviews I've seen I think she really likes the game: She also did a couple of "prep" videos by reading from the books...anyone who reads The Last Wish on YouTube deserves a thumbs up, IMO:
  3. S

New book out about the history & culture of D&D

New book out about the history & culture of D&D One of the editors at Forbes (which, surprisingly, does some very good games journalism) has a new book about D&D. Sounds like an interesting read. The influence of D&D on gaming has been profound. As we all know, some of the best CRPG's...
  4. S

New Blog on Tor.com about World Building

New Blog on Tor.com about World Building Brad Kane over at Tor is starting a new blog that will focus on storytelling and world building in books, games, TV/Movies, etc. Could be interesting. Here's the link: http://www.tor.com/b...ies-that-matter The first post was just an introduction, in...
  5. S

Thor 2 trailer

Thor 2 trailer Thor is back...and Loki...and Odin...and Sif...and could those be The Dark Elves? No sign of The Warriors Three but they can't not be in it(hopefully). Looks like they went more for a cosmic/Asgardian story. I'm now officially psyched for this.
  6. S

Skyrim Cops videos

Skyrim Cops videos Stumbled across this the other day. They're pretty well done and quite funny, there's four or five episodes so far. The bowl thief was hilarious: "Sometimes you pick one up by accident"...done that myself a few times /> Anyway, thought you all'd get a kick out of them.
  7. S

This is funny

This is funny So true :rolleyes: Being a dog is like being in a videogame
  8. S

Best Patch Notes Ever

Best Patch Notes Ever The latest Magicka patch notes : Added some missing characters to certain fonts. Continuing our commitment to offering characters to all fonts everywhere. Fixed a pathfinding crash. Took us a bit, but we found it. Fixed disappearing boss Vlad. Turns out he was just at...
  9. S

Has this happened to you (playing TW2 again) ?

Has this happened to you (playing TW2 again) ? Had some time on my hands this long weekend. Its a holiday here for that guy who "discovered" America. Anyway in between faffing around with chores, grocery shopping and planning to go leaf peeping I decided grab some game time. Lets...
  10. S

Some brilliant XCOM marketing

Some brilliant XCOM marketing The lead designer tries to sell XCOM in a gaming store: My favorite line: Its like chess with big guns and aliens...which isn't like chess at all when I think about it All kidding aside, he comes across as a decent sort and passionate about the game. Hope it...
  11. S

What games are you looking forward to?

What games are you looking forward to? There are several threads about playing games(old and new) so I thought I'd start one about games that are coming soon or are on the horizon. Might be a good way for folks to find out about games they haven't heard of. Anyway here's my list (The Witcher 3...
  12. S

Conan O'Brian plays Skyrim

Conan O'Brian plays Skyrim Its Friday, the work week is finally over. Time for a few laughs... We all better hope and pray he never plays TW2 :rolleyes:
  13. S

If CDProjek were your friend

If CDProjek were your friend I stumbled across this comic describing Video game companies as personal friends: http://www.dorkly.com/comic/42862/videogame-companies-are-your-friends Sadly no description of the company we love so much. So I came up with one of my own: The cool European guy...
  14. S

A Witcher troll in the new Snow White movie?

A Witcher troll in the new Snow White movie? Saw this trailer of the upcoming Snow White and The Huntsman movie: At 3:32 there's a scene with some kind of forest monster, reminded me a lot of the trolls in TW2. The movie actually looks promising (as summer escapist fare), its high time fairy...
  15. S

Support Indie developers-big sale at Gamersgate!

Support Indie developers-big sale at Gamersgate! Just an FYI, Gamersgate is having a pretty good sale on Indie games this week. These often get overshadowed by AAA titles but are well worth checking out...especially for such short money :D Some I'd recommend: Din's Curse & the Demon War...
  16. S

TW2 2.0 at Gamesbanshee

TW2 2.0 at Gamesbanshee Gamesbanshee has updated their Witcher 2 site to include info on 2.0 stuff. Most helpful are the stats and requirements for the cursed items. Now I can calculate how much arm wrestling and bar fighting I need to do :p ...also looting everything that isn't nailed down...
  17. S

Emotional Hooks in TW2

Emotional Hooks in TW2 I've finished the game a few times and am now taking a break for rest and reflection-actually I'm playing DX:HR until 2.0 drops ;) But I've been thinking about the many hours spent with TW2 and why I enjoyed it so much. One of the main reasons is the story and how it...
  18. S

The first of many awards!

The first of many awards! News Flash: TW2 took home Best Game Design, Best Game World and Best Special Edition at European Games Awards 2011 according to 4players Crysis 2 got Best Game
  19. S

TW2 @Gamesbanshee

TW2 @Gamesbanshee Many of you probably know about this, but for those who don't GamesBanshee has a TW2 subsite up. There's a decent walkthrough, equipment database, talent tree charts, reviews and more. Most of this information is also on the wikki but I find the UI a little better at...
  20. S

TW2 Top 25 Modern Games at IGN

TW2 Top 25 Modern Games at IGN Just an FYI: TW2 is #10 on IGN's Top 25 Modern Games list. I tend to get infuriated and/or exasperated by lists and am not a big fan of IGN, but this one wasn't too off: Civ4, Deus Ex, Baldur's Gate 2(2? WTF? Why not...OK, I'll stop) also made it in the top 10
Top Bottom