Search results

+
  1. EvilWolf

Post Main Quest Content

If done properly radiant quests can be a large boon to a game's longevity. But, Bethesda ruined radiant quests in the gaming industry going forward. It's kind of poetic as they, arguably, perfected radiant quests in Daggerfall. The economy in that game encouraged you to go out into a random...
  2. EvilWolf

Weekly Poll 5/11/2020 - Combat, the nitty-gritty. TTK, etc!

In 2020 a ref will sometimes give you an automatic hit if you're on top of your enemy and call a headshot. The reasoning is that: assuming the target isn't moderately trained in martial arts there isn't exactly much they can do to respond. Disallowing one shot, to the head, kills implies that...
  3. EvilWolf

Weekly Poll - 7/26/2019 - Music

So a Martin Scorsese film?
  4. EvilWolf

Weekly Poll - 7/26/2019 - Music

5, 7, 9 Synthwave is the future, I'm hoping the ambient soundtrack includes some Vangelis-tier jazz music, and nothing beats going on a killing spree while listening to classical music.
  5. EvilWolf

Vampire Bloodlines 2 Thread - All We Know So Far. Chat!

I take it more to mean things along the lines of one handing an assault rifle at full auto with practically no recoil, or using acute vampire senses (seeing for miles, feeling the wind, etc.) of the environment to make a shot that makes the magic bullet that killed JFK look like child's play.
  6. EvilWolf

Yea, but they already said they didn't like how Malkavians were done in Bloodlines 1, and that they plan to redo them "this time around".
  7. EvilWolf

Well, they're thin-bloods so their sire's clan doesn't matter that much, from the sound of everything else, the MC is going to be sired by Sabbat (like in Henley & DoctorWreckage's LA At Night VtM PNP game) then brought to a meeting of powers (like in Bloodlines and Henley's LA At Night VtM PNP...
  8. EvilWolf

Does this mean the MC is sired by Sabbat, or did 5th Edition change the Camarilla's stance on Mass Embraces? Since you're hunting down other thin-bloods from the embrace I'm assuming the former.
  9. EvilWolf

Platform Discussion Thread

This is a double-edged sword for developers. Oftentimes if a developer feels like reaching out and giving Linux a port of their game they go to the wrong production houses to do it. If companies would take time to at least vet the production house's record before green lighting them to port...
  10. EvilWolf

Platform Discussion Thread

You're both right. As Gilrond says it isn't the platform that dictates whether games get released on Linux or not. As Lisbeth said Microsoft is playing dirty pool, but, as I said, it isn't with the platform. Microsoft is playing dirty pool with their proprietary API: DirectX. The majority of...
  11. EvilWolf

The Forlorn Hope: Cyberpunk Off-Topic

I recommend an audio book version to be honest, specifically the version William Gibson reads himself. His writing style is rather odd and seemingly disjointed to the "uninitiated", once you get through his own reading of Neuromancer the rest of his works are easier to get through yourself.
  12. EvilWolf

Companions

Immediate Action Drills are basically pre-planned tactics though, so my point still stands. I didn't go into much detail about the uses of strategy either, I was just stating that it required strategy and tactics.
  13. EvilWolf

Companions

While I completely agree with your first point, your second point isn't exactly true. Take for example a game like Counter-Strike; the game requires a considerable level of both strategy and tactics to excel at it. By extension any FPS with a Search & Destroy or equivalent gamemode would also...
  14. EvilWolf

"Foreign languages" - implants, mother tongues and learning

To be honest I would think it would be done the other way around. The dialog would actually be recorded in the language it was meant to be, and then would use on-the-fly code which either produced a synthesized voice, immersive marquee-like text, or both as the translation from the translator...
  15. EvilWolf

Gameplay - depth vs complexity vs fun

I hope you are being sarcastic. Recent iterations of The Elder Scrolls (excluding ES:O) and Fallout aren't RPGs. Every iteration of The Elder Scrolls took away RPG feature after RPG feature until it would be a mistake to refer to Skyrim as an "RPG". You're kidding yourself if you, seriously...
  16. EvilWolf

There is no perceivably, realistic way GTA VI will be released in the same time frame as Cyberpunk 2077, as you say they're working on RDR which, arguably won't take the same audience. Bethesda isn't going to do anything in that timeframe either, they're too busy with "VR" and "ESO". BioWare...
  17. EvilWolf

But, I would argue, that stigma doesn't really apply, as much, here since Mike Pondsmith himself is working on the game with CDPR. Surely the end-result won't veer too far from the product the "hardcore" fans want, or at least one that they'll be, relatively, satisfied with.
  18. EvilWolf

Arguably this won't be that difficult to do, considering this hardcore demographic doesn't really have anything fresh to turn to in order to get their cyberpunk fix. CDPR is very good at doing this, so again; this won't be very hard. This will be easy for CDPR to accomplish considering they...
  19. EvilWolf

Artificial Intelligence vs. Intelligent Machines

A major advantage an expert system, theoretically, has over a human is that a human has his/her knowledge in a field, whereas an expert system could, potentially, have the knowledge of everyone who contributed to its development. The implications of this are as follows; an expert system can...
  20. EvilWolf

Artificial Intelligence vs. Intelligent Machines

The experiment where robots were given 264-bit binary code genomes and evolved to find a specific resource faster and more reliably, and began lying to each other to gain access to said resources illustrates that if, as Suhiira alluded to, robots are given a "need", like housing and food, they...
Top Bottom