Search results

+
  1. D

How many people will stop playing the game based on new changes?

Sometimes they change things so much that we have to abandon or radically change favorite decks. I won't quit just because I have to make new decks sometimes; that's to be expected when they're still making the game. But the gold change is huge, it completely and totally breaks a few cards as...
  2. D

GWENT: THE WITCHER CARD GAME GOLD IMMUNITY UPDATE

It looks like almost everyone is either saying "let's see how it works out" or "Wow this is bad." It's unusual to see such unity on an issue, I think. It makes me wonder where this patch came from; I doubt people were clamoring for it. Personally I've "tried it" and I'm honestly...
  3. D

I'm glad that the succubus is more vulnerable now, but I feel bad for Kambi and Unseen Elder. (I haven't really used any of the three.)
  4. D

Yeah, that's along what I'm thinking. Gold cards could be assigned varying immunities on a case by case basis rather than just none at all or always immune to almost everything. Some need to be very hard to kill or they're not going to be very useful.
  5. D

Gold Units can now be Targeted by Spells and Effects

Geralt is almost the same as a silver Manticore now (wait, did they change Manticore?) The golds aren't necessarily special anymore. Sometimes the only thing they really had going for them was how stable a presence on the board that they were.
  6. D

How many people will stop playing the game based on new changes?

I consider myself a playtester, and so I'm not going to get mad and storm off -- that isn't how playtesting works. I honestly think the new gold vulnerability is going to ruin some cards, but I'm going to stick around because we're still in beta. More patches will surely come as we test and...
  7. D

Maybe a rare trait that can exist on some cards: "Invulnerable: This card cannot be removed from the board by non-gold sources." Rare and reserved for when it is necessary for the card to make sense; some gold cards seem silly when they can just be casually popped now. So maybe the unseen...
  8. D

Gold Units can now be Targeted by Spells and Effects

Maybe the leaders should have stayed immune at least. The unseen elder (who I don't really use much) is going to be more of a easily-seen-bullseye.
  9. D

Is Weather Too Powerful? (Open Beta Edition)

The basic skellige deck beats a dedicated weather deck? Nonsense.
  10. D

The existence of dedicated weather decks means that everyone has to create dedicated anti-weather decks. I can't think of any other strategy which demands that kind of mandatory auto-include . But a truly dedicated weather deck will overwhelm the best weather clearance, and that's even when the...
  11. D

Crones + Ciri

Crones + Ciri It's a strategy that seems usually potent. Expending one card from your hand, you put down three crones. The opponent has a high probability of spending multiple cards from the hand to catch up, creating a serious disadvantage in their hand size. If you won the first round...
  12. D

Weather and tempo issues in open beta. Solutions rather than complaints thread

Yeah, that might be part of the problem. it can be played without consequence now, rather than having to be careful about hitting one's own board as well. And yeah, there's no need for planning since all weather can be put anywhere. They can't go "whoops, I brought frost but he's not using...
  13. D

There aren't a lot of cards that come so close to all or nothing as weather sometimes can. if you can clear it, you do. and easily. If you can't, you often have to pass. And then, if they do it again in the next round, repeat. I agree that the rows seem to have lost their identity, and not...
  14. D

Gold weathers So what does everyone think about the "gold weather" cards like drought? I've consistently had to pass a round when they come up, if I don't have a weather removal in hand, while when I do have weather removal, I wipe out a gold card's effects fairly trivially. This seems a...
  15. D

Most Solid Starter Deck for a Beginner?

Skellige, for me, took the least amount kegs to make it into what I wanted. So for me its starter deck was the best. Although the starting northern realms deck is probably pretty well stocked too, but with a bunch of kegs skellige was my favorite, doing all I could ask.
  16. D

Scoia'Tael OP: Brouver + Saskia + Witchers

Pretty sure they have the weakest starter deck. Looking it over and trying a few times, I think they're going to be the most expensive or time consuming to reach the point that I'd like. I miss their ability to control who goes first... it used to be THE essential part of a winning strategy for...
  17. D

It can be used pretty much indiscriminately now, as it no longer risks affecting your own side of the board. So if I have weather, I'm going to use it. That was not always the case in the closed beta, depending on the deck design and card draw. Also seemed a little odd, watching a frost...
  18. D

Ruined the game

Weather is a useful option now without having to fill up your deck with weather resistance, as our own weather cards no longer affect our own units. Anyone can be a weather deck now. And it's still powerful, as it just keeps pounding and pounding, but it's not so overwhelming that clear skies is...
  19. D

Cannot Use my Mouse Properly Because the Game Shows the Xbox Keybinding

Yeah, I noticed things like "A" button hints. But not universally... sometimes there are left-click button icons on some things. I think it might think I've got a controller AND a mouse plugged in and being used at the same time. On my deck collection, it just scrolls the screen back up...
  20. D

Lore Inconsistencies with Cards and Mechanics

I'm sure I don't understand. Swapping the unit powers and themes and leader abilities between two factions, by very definition, could not be a balance problem.
Top Bottom