Search results

+
  1. A

Witcher - the movie - details released

Which still is a silver lining. But a director can only do so much with requirements set by the production company and a screenwriter that has a less-than-stellar track record.
  2. A

Witcher - the movie - details released

The Mummy, Grimm, Buffy... this certainly has the potential to become trashy and quite horrible.
  3. A

The General Videogame Thread

Still less than in their previous games, where it were 2-3 factions of a specific cultural background (Vikings in Attila and Greeks in Rome 2). :P So, actually we should hail them for witholding less*! :stoptrolling: *may contain traces of sarcasm.
  4. A

Story contradictions?

You're getting things confused: There is an option to start HoS as a stand-alone experience. In that case, you will get a level 32 Geralt, some equipment and the main quest will indeed be finished, with side quests remaining to be done. If you play HoS as a part of the whole game, aka with a...
  5. A

Caretaker is WAAAAAAAAY unbalanced

So... are you trying on the lowest difficulty setting? The boss is not poorly designed at all. Not to your liking, maybe, but that doesn't mean poor. Many others enjoy having to show a bit of awareness and figuring out a strategy accordingly.
  6. A

Question Regarding Olgierd's Wishes and Sequence of Events

Yeah, something like that. Maybe it was to make Olgierd more confident in his plan to deceive Gaunter - making Olgierd think that Gaunter is giving up on Olgierd's soul due to the impossible conditions and thus demands a different prize, i.e. his brother's soul. We don't know the details of...
  7. A

Question Regarding Olgierd's Wishes and Sequence of Events

It's no second contract, it's all a single one: "I wish for: - Immortality for myself and my loved one, Iris in exchange for my brother's life - something about wealth or success or something, I think After that is granted I pledge my soul to Gaunter O'Dim upon the fulfillment of the following...
  8. A

NG + at this point

As far as I remember, NG+ doesn't adapt to the player level, but assumes lvl 30+ and is balanced accordingly. Did that change with HoS? Starting a NG+ with level 39 and everyone being somewhere between level 30 and maybe 35 doesn't sound too exciting.
  9. A

Auction Items Question *spoilers for the game-expansion*

If you handle the situation well with the art collector guy you spoke to before the auction, he will give you a hint on what to do with the painting. The statue is said to contain a treasure. It can be disassembled at a blacksmith. See for yourself what good that does. The glasses are, as was...
  10. A

Quest Reason of State - the most disappointing quest in the game and maybe even in the whole series

Others news happened much earlier in the game with an unpredictable amount of time left to the credits. As I said before: The assumption is that the assassination happens very close to the end. And as the end is supposed to literally be the end, not the end of the story and the beginning of a...
  11. A

Quest Reason of State - the most disappointing quest in the game and maybe even in the whole series

The thing is: Continuing to play after the ending is not exactly intended. It's there, because people desperately wished for it (and to easily accommodate expansions, I guess). But it's explicitly stated that the world is reverted to a state from before the huge implications of decisions near...
  12. A

Iris

That brings me to another aspect of this decision (as is the case with many decisions): "A priori" and "a posteriori" knowledge. Knowing that I couldn't reunite the two might change my mind about this. But at the moment the decision has to be made, Geralt cannot know this. So, from an "a priori"...
  13. A

Iris

Riiiiiiight. And the Dark Side just has a terrible PR department. :geraltaha: I think Demons are by definition Evil Spirits, so no gentleness to be expected there, only deceit.
  14. A

Story contradictions?

It's a valid question for authors of the lore how that works. But my guess is: he could have. It probably is just a question of the spirit's will to generate a weapon in its hands*. But, you know, it just isn't the real deal. *This is just a guess, though, and an often seen explanation in other...
  15. A

Big tree is Novigrad/Velen?

Nope.
  16. A

Caretaker is WAAAAAAAAY unbalanced

Quite satisfied with the balance on Blood and Broken Bones. Didn't feel too far above the rest of the encounters - a bit harder, but that's how bosses should be. The Caretaker actually was well designed: if you try to figure out his patterns, you will succeed, otherwise you'll have a hard time...
  17. A

Story contradictions?

Spectral swords vs real sword. The ghosts don't pick up actual weapons, they're just spectral - part of the ghosts so to speak. Vlod on the other hand tries to pick up his actual weapon.
  18. A

Iris

It's one of the items you can put on her grave during the funeral: Either the brush, her sketchbook or the painting of her and Olgierd. Don't know yet if the choice of item changes anything, though.
  19. A

Missing quest in Heddel? (Spoiler)

I think it's just setting and background information. The village is already overrun, the villain dead, so there's nothing left to do for Geralt except to exterminate the Arachnomorphs. It's actually something I really, really like about HoS: Many of the new PoI are not just carelessly scattered...
  20. A

Iris

That ending is kinda what I hoped for, too. It's not only implied, but if you let Iris live, Geralt explicitly gives Olgierd the painting of Iris with the rose in her hand instead of the actual rose.
Top Bottom