Search results

+
  1. U

Geralt's "anemic" body in leaked gameplay footage

Actually, I disagree, and I think so would medieval armour/warfare academics (they exist). Chainmail only works if it is not tightly packed on a person. The more tension there is between each link, the less impact it can absorb. This is why you always see the best chainmail and their replicas...
  2. U

Geralt's "anemic" body in leaked gameplay footage

I have to admit that I'm not a fan of the new Hollywood Geralt. I still think that I like the Geralt I first met back in 2007. I don't have any major gripes about the direction that his re-imagining is taking, but something just screams "Hollywood action hero actor".
  3. U

Dialogues in The Witcher 3

I respect your post 1erCru; you're definitely brave to make such a post your first! Can't say I ever been bothered by the dialogue in either of the games. I found them sufficient, well voice acted and immersive. I had some disagreements with the parity between what I selected and what was...
  4. U

Skyrim Mods Wow! Can Witcher 3 acheive this?

I have played Skyrim with 50+ mods installed, many of them were texture replacement/enhancement mods which made the game better, much better in many cases, but, there's a huge difference between screenshots and an in-game experience. Your links point to what looks to me like ENB mods, and I can...
  5. U

TW2 Graphic problem (pic added)

Firstly, thanks for posting those pics! /> Secondly, I've had the exact same problem with another game once (can't recall the game, sorry) but my problem was fixed after I did a full (clean) uninstall of graphics driver, and then installed a newer driver. If I recall correctly, I "updated" to...
  6. U

Predicted witcher 3 system specs? Can I run it .

It's a fantastic card, buy it if you can. I would be truly shocked if we won't be able to play TW3 at max settings with solid 60FPS (all you need if you use v-sync), especially if it's a modern system (PCI-E 3 mobo, good RAM, good CPU, etc.) but still, if you have itchy palms to buy something...
  7. U

Disappointment?

Please, all these sheep licking CDPR's boots! Reminds me of Apple fans. Look, I replayed TW1 about 5 times, and I think I could replay it still - as for TW2, it has zero replay value if you really think about it. Good game, but the last half (meaning the last 10% of the game) was absurd, the...
  8. U

Disappointment?

Why are some of you so apologetic about being honest? I haven't been on here in months for this very reason - it's like it is somehow sacrilege to bash CDPR. It's really not, you (we) are all paying customers who spent money on their product - they didn't give it to us for free...and yes, I am...
  9. U

Just my 2 cents on The Witcher 2

Thank you to all who read my long rant and actually provided respectful and intelligent feedback. I mean it... A couple of points stand out to me and I'll try to explain my thought on them. Firstly, I know, and have always known that not all of you were experiencing the bugs/glitches I...
  10. U

Just my 2 cents on The Witcher 2

Just my 2 cents on The Witcher 2 Actually I've been somewhat torn between writing this and just letting it be - but after all I think if for no other reason but to bring some closure to this entire TW2 experience, I should write down my thoughts. Probably only a handful of you will take the...
  11. U

Can't get launcher to launch...

It's not broken - but don't click on Kleetus' shortcut, instead, actually go to the FAQ (Support tab on the top of site)and select the "Steam version - launcher hides in taskbar, game does not start" topic - the download link in there works!
  12. U

Can't get launcher to launch...

Thanks! My problems was that I had the game installed on a different drive (G:), and I just re-loaded a fresh system image onto my C: drive, so when I went into The Witcher 2 folder on my G: drive, and clicked on the Launcher, nothing happened. If I clicked on the Configurator inside the 'Bin'...
  13. U

Are the Win7 Problems Solved

What Windows 7 problems? I never had any OS related problems, none whatsoever. From day one it was fine. I'm not doing the "I had no problems so there are no problems", I'm actually genuinely curious what you mean. What problems were out there caused by Windows 7?
  14. U

Is this game linear all the way through?

That's a bit of a stretch - this game is linear...maybe not Mario World linear, but a variation in decisions having different outcomes isn't the same as non-linear. The fact of the matter is that once you make game changing decisions, you're not exactly left with a wide open world where you...
  15. U

What U Expect In Witcher 3 ?

My only request is that they don't release the beta version at full retail cost. I hated to wait until September 29th to play the final release of The Witcher 2 - a game I originally bought on May 17th!!! That was a low blow from a developer whose game I purchased in principle...
  16. U

Dark Mode Swords Visual Effect

I don't think there should be an option to disable it altogether, I just think it needs to be re-done by CDP. They need to simply tone it down a bit. The upset stomach sound needs to be removed entirely, and the dark effect needs to be re-tuned to not inhibit visibility. The black mist around...
  17. U

Thief mechanics in future!...

OK I know you clearly have your own opinion on this, but seriously, you yourself can't honestly think that a more realistic (fun) theft mechanics wouldn't have been more appropriate than simply taking anything, from anyone at any time. It wouldn't even have taken a lot of extra work, because...
  18. U

Dark Mode Swords Visual Effect

Have to agree. I completely understand the effect CPD was going for, and at first it's actually fun - but the cool factor goes away very fast and after that it's just annoying to no end. I don't think they need to get rid of it entirely, but it needs to be toned down - the audio, for instance...
  19. U

Cheating in the arena and how to prevent this

I have not yet touched the Arena simply because i want to finish the campaign first - but this is definitely a most foul rotten apple in the basket of fun! In no way or form do I want to blame CDP for this, but seriously, did they not anticipate that losers will cheat, or did they not...
  20. U

Game shutdown to launcher page

Seeing that you provided nothing about your system, I can only give you the generic possibilities, and my very first thought is either that your drivers are out of date and causing your game to crash, or your card overheats and causes the same. I once had a bad overclock that caused my GPU to...
Top Bottom