Search results

+
  1. Tangsta

Patch 1.62 — Ray Tracing: Overdrive Mode

Finally, the RT upgrade we've been waiting for! Looks amazing, but I imagine a 4090 won't be enough to get the performance and visual quality balance I want for this title. I might wait until the next line up of Nvidia GPUs to get the most out of this one. They should arrive in time for...
  2. Tangsta

E3 2020 & Gamescom: Third Demo Suggestion

Not to mention we live in an era where games are constantly modified post launch as well, via numerous patches and DLC that changes everything from the UI, to combat balance, to narrative endings. Nothing is truly set in stone anymore.
  3. Tangsta

They have never failed us before, so I would rest assured. Warcraft 3 Reforged and the cancellation of an MMO are absolutely unfair comparisons, and I don't think they apply here at all.
  4. Tangsta

I really didn't think a 3rd demo was necessary at this point, but if they feel they must, then CDPR know what they're doing. I was actually ok with just periodic small teasers and trailers until the release in September. Since they've revealed quite a bit already, I feel like anymore would be...
  5. Tangsta

So... there will be crunch...

Came here to make this point, and you've said far better than I ever could. Furthermore, I think the underlying issue with crunch before was that it was forced upon the development team with very little say from the team members themselves. It was an inherent part of the work culture in the...
  6. Tangsta

Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

Yeah, this sounds great. Even better, why not make it a free roam camera that can go into aerial views as well? We can enjoy the verticality of the game, as well as the details on the streets.
  7. Tangsta

[poll] cp2077 final boss

Not all Boss encounters are combat encounters. The concept of a Final Boss is just the finality of your journey - one last gameplay obstacle before the narrative ends.
  8. Tangsta

[poll] cp2077 final boss

I'm in agreeance that a combat oriented final boss "battle" needs to be optional, as the game has a branching narrative that adapts to our narrative choices, and that always has to be taken into account. Ultimately, we just want our choices throughout the game to matter and hopefully CDPR are...
  9. Tangsta

My original point was that PnP cannot translate into video games perfectly and some things will inevitably be lost. If you were referring to specific features being cut from CP2077, that were in the PnP version, then I'm not sure what those are and it was never really what I was trying to get...
  10. Tangsta

Sorry for the late reply: There are things that simply don't suit the medium of video games. I just think it's important that there are factors that separate the different versions, so fans will have a reason to enjoy them both. For example, an important difference is how each version views or...
  11. Tangsta

How CP2077 should handle ammo?

As with all adaptations to a different medium, as much as they want to remain faithful, there will always be elements that will be inevitably lost in translation and for the most part, it's for the best. There is value in keeping the pen and paper version uniquely different to the video game...
  12. Tangsta

How CP2077 should handle ammo?

I think whatever makes sense for the game or world they are building will suffice, and it's difficult to say what works atm since we know so little of the full range of gameplay systems being intertwined here. For example, how will ammo be acquired in CP2077? Will enemies drop them? Can they...
  13. Tangsta

[poll] cp2077 display DPS accuracy

I tend to only use the DPS system for comparison to gauge how much different one weapon is to the other, so accuracy is not as important as consistency. Whatever system they use, it needs to be consistent throughout to make the comparisons meaningful. How "fast" I can kill something/someone is...
  14. Tangsta

Gunplay lacks recoil!

This has already been discussed in the Guns thread, but I honestly think gun recoil in a video game is grossly overrated and would only suit simulation type games. Force-feedback/vibration for each weapon is a much better option for "impact".
  15. Tangsta

How Should Fast Travel Work in Cyberpunk? Fast Travel From Anywhere?

Every game is different and they should implement a FT system that suits the style of the game and one that is balanced.
  16. Tangsta

FPP only cutscenes might be a deal-breaker for me

The decision to go mostly FP for cutscenes just tells me CDPR is either seriously considering a VR version or have already begun to develop it.
  17. Tangsta

Gamescom 2019 Forum Q&A!

Thanks for doing this, Kinley! What is the max level for the release version next year and will there be a soft or hard cap implemented? Will the Jackets be the only defensive gear we have available? Will the spiderbot play any significant role to your party in terms of gameplay? Will be there...
  18. Tangsta

Post-game content

There's only so much they can give us in the post-game before they have to start turning the game into a live service with enough revenue to justify extra and consistent content post-game. I don't really want that for this title, as the expansion packs should be enough, and then I'd much rather...
  19. Tangsta

Post-game content

This is a confusing statement. Are you asking for unique variety, or the complete opposite of it? Because repetitive and bland content is what leads to boredom, not unique content, and it's precisely what CDPR is trying to avoid: https://www.vgr.com/artificially-extend-cyberpunk-play/
  20. Tangsta

Post-game content

It'd have to be a varied formula at play to be interesting for me. Bethesda has totally put me off "radiant quests" with their mundane lack of variety and triteness. I love CDPR because of their commitment to quality over quantity. Hand-crafted content will always be superior to AI-generated...
Top Bottom