Search results

+
  1. J

LD3 Update and Toussaint wip

I don't think anyone's saying that ambient occlusion as a visual feature is bad. What's being communicated here is that like any other effect, it's only good when used in moderation. Making the effect so immensely strong just for the sake of letting you know it's there isn't ideal if you're...
  2. J

LD3 Update and Toussaint wip

I still think that the number one point of critique with the lighting mod you're creating is the intensity of the ambient occlusion. It plagued early versions of STLM, too, and I get why anyone creating these mods is tempted to make it a lot more showy than it is it's vanilla implementation. But...
  3. J

[Mod] Real Lighting

Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear about the trouble with your PC!
  4. J

Upgrade patch 1.60 for Xbox One X is out! Additional PS4™ Pro patch coming soon.

It'd be odd if the PC version didn't get HDR support down the line, because excluding that feature, it's still the definitive version of The Witcher 3 with support for higher refresh rates with (up to 4K/120Hz with the upcoming updated HDMI standard), mod support (community sourced higher...
  5. J

[Mod] Real Lighting

I'm really excited to see more of this mod. I honestly think this is the best one out there for Velen at present, especially when it comes to nights. It's genuinely dark and light sources exhibit a realistic brightness, instead of every torch being as bright as a floodlight and. It's suitably...
  6. J

Very loud music in Skellige

I ran into this very same issue - it's really disruptive. Adjusting the music slider proved that it was just that track, with the rest of the music playing at a different level
  7. J

Light doesn't pass through windows into interiors

I went through a few more buildings. It seems that light does pass through those windows after all, but the light is only visible from afar. The light fades as you approach or look at the direction of the windows, which seems like a bug to me. You'd think the behaviour to be the opposite if...
  8. J

Light doesn't pass through windows into interiors

Light doesn't pass through windows into interiors Here's something I noticed: the windows in buildings are acting as solid objects. I don't know if this was a bug that went unnoticed (since I've actually seen some light coming through some of the windows during cutscenes, if only briefly so. I...
Top Bottom