Search results

+
  1. L

Swim's New Way of Looking at Gwent

Swim's New Way of Looking at Gwent In a meta that has gone on this long, sometimes drastic measures are required to revitalize your gameplay philosophy.
  2. L

Your Favorite Gwent Card Set, Cards & Strategy

5 medics (counting neutral cards, but why wouldn't you lol). 0, 1, 1, Yen, and Menno. That + 4 spies and Emhyr Relentless crushes all other factions. shanersimms, NR is a very good faction, but Nilfgaard's card advantage mill is definitely the superior strategy. Weather is completely irrelevant...
  3. L

A 'different' weird stutter when moving.

Try lowering shadows, Ambient Occlusion, and Foliage distance. Worked for me.
  4. L

Strange movement/camera judder effect on PC

Turn down the foliage distance from ultra to a lower setting, and lower the shadows to high or medium. And use SSAO not HBAO+. That got rid of the jankiness for me. Hairworks is also a huge FPS hit if you have a weak card. The 980 can handle it, except if you zoom in super point blank on...
  5. L

What hairstyle will you be rocking in TW3?

If the option exists, either bald with goatee or bald with massive mountain man beard.
  6. L

(Spoilers) Realistic Reflection of Previous Choices in The Witcher 3

And here I was randomly checking up on the forum for the first time in weeks. Looking back on my original post, I still stand by everything in it even though a year has passed. If we're talking hard numbers, I think a half dozen sidequests that directly reflect consequences of The Witcher 2...
  7. L

Will some human enemies avoid Geralt ?

This is an excellent suggestion to deal a great increase to immersion. It should work, at a bare minimum, like thus: When enemies are massively outclassed by Geralt, or perhaps are the last man standing after Geralt's butchered their whole unit without taking any damage - or any other variety...
  8. L

Guilty as charged. Though I do wonder why nobody has made hair mods for Witcher 2 yet either. RedKit's been out for ages, all the tools are there, and bald and goatee textures and in the game...
  9. L

Desperately hoping that we'll have way more options than in TW2, and beard options as well. I'm really hoping to play a Geralt with shaven head and goatee, or perhaps a massive full mountain man beard, depending on how they look. Lore matters for Geralt's weapons and powers, and even his hair...
  10. L

Letho in TW 3?

Then replay it on dark mode - there you're replaying for the fun of the challenge. However, I think it would be good to let players who have no save to import choose some of Geralt's key decisions in an early-game dialogue sequence. I've described it before, it can be as simple as Vesemir...
  11. L

Taking Sides: Geralt's Many National Allegiances

It's better for LV to be in Redanian hands than Nilfgaardian ones - when Nilfgaard invades, Redania and Kaedwen aren't going to fighting each other, and LV is too far away for Kaedwen to snatch up anyways. So better to keep it out of the hands of Nilfgaard, which is the bigger future threat.
  12. L

Will Flotsam return in The Wicther 3 ?

Loredo, like Dethmold, can BARELY make it out of the Witcher 2 alive. Each are villains that live on very specific story threads: Loredo will always die unless you Save Mottle, and Dethmold will always die unless you Save Triss on a Roche playthrough. We don't really need to see either of them...
  13. L

Dismemberment in TW3

Yep, to unarmored foes, the dismemberment is realistic - recall that Geralt is superhuman in strength as well, and is going to be hitting harder and faster than even the toughest of normal mortals. I dig the dismemberment, and it's much better than the awkward "2 arms both pop off sometimes" in TW2.
  14. L

How do you play Geralt? True to the canon or true to yourself?

I appreciate that the Witcher canon exists, but that doesn't mean I give a crap about who Geralt was before the opening cutscene of Witcher 1. These are games that offer moral choices and all the fun for me is getting to make those choices and come down hard doing what I feel is right, and...
  15. L

NG+ For TW3

I'm wildly in favor of a NG+ and I think it should have been included in Witcher 2 as well. Essentially my reasoning boils down to this: -1st playthrough is the truly immersive experience. you don't know what's coming, you level as best you can but face great challenges whether or not you're...
  16. L

Will there be sex scenes?

Sorry, that's simply not the case. Not only do we see sex scenes in the trailer itself, CDPR has never cared what's popular or mainstream - the Witcher is the Witcher is the Witcher. Furthermore, lots of AAA games still have sex scenes - Mass Effect has lite versions, sure, but look at the God...
  17. L

Will there be sex scenes?

In the Witcher 2 trailers, they had a fully-clothed Triss diving into the Elven bath. If you played the game, you know that she was fully nude. CDPR easily just does a model-swap for the promotional material.
  18. L

about the "open world"

Yeah, of course you'll be able to jump over fences. It's a good point though - if CDPR wanted to make their trailer slightly more effective, they'd have Geralt making his horse jump over the fence and barrelling into the fields beyond. They've talked about how you can fall, there's no...
  19. L

Game of Thrones by Telltale Games

It's worth buying. It tends to be a paltry 5 or 6 bucks on the PC, and is very fun to play through once. Twice or more, you start to see the seams in the fabric, but still, a great game.
  20. L

What if henselt lives

That guy has a beard. Carduin is clean shaven.
Top Bottom