Search results

+
  1. G

POLL: More expansions for the Witcher 3 or a new Witcher 4 game?

To me this is the ending of The Witcher saga - a proper send off to Geralt of Rivia on a high note. I'd rather not see another TW game just for the sake of it. I don't want it to become another never ending franchise, but I'm all for a few more expansions to TW3 to make it shine even more.
  2. G

What's the hold up on 1.07?

Unfortunately Black Iris is right. The game has a very bad pop-in issue unrelated to your specs or your settings. Sometimes it consistenly concentrates on a certain area on the map like with the Nilgaardian military/work camp south of Crow's Perch (npcs pop in always happens there), while at...
  3. G

The Nilfgaard thread - How did you like the depiction of the Black Ones?

Actually Baron Kimbolt and some other Temerian nobles did it who were aspiring for the crown themselves. Nilfgaard (via Shilard) offered its protection to the Baroness La Valette and her children. If you had spared Aryan the deal between the baroness and Shilard most probably happened behind the...
  4. G

Feels like two games... In a bad way.

I personally managed to find a way to resolve this problem for myself. Yes, there are certainly some quests where doing anything else breaks the tension, the pacing and even the immersion, but there are instances where you have a bit of time to relax and explore a bit. I for one never use...
  5. G

This week DLCs broke SweetFX ?

I don't know. I installed the dlcs, but the SFX is working just fine for me, but of course I still play with the 1.03 version of the game, since 1.04 caused more issues than what it fixed.
  6. G

Looking Back on the TW Trilogy, what would you change about it ?

As a fan of both the books and the games I can confirm this. When I started playing TW3 I was like, "hell yeah, Geralt's back" and when I met Yennefer, Emhyr, Djikstra, Cirilla etc. I was totally blown away since I was looking forward to all of this, and I did not need to catch up with anything...
  7. G

Looking Back on the TW Trilogy, what would you change about it ?

Khmmm... well. While I get why people find Eredin and his knights a boring and blank bunch in the game, the truth is that they are very well established antagonists with a well defined goal only it was introduced in the books prior to the games. The greatest fault of The Witcher 3 is that it -...
  8. G

Wild at Heart choice *spoilers*

There's a third choice. You swallow your witcher's pride, listen to the girl and give up the investigation. It seems to be a rather illogical choice, but if you happened to stumble upon the hunter's shack before you meet Neilen, you can figure out the mistery before you get involved and well...
  9. G

Ending cinematics: like/dislike/neutral - POSSIBLE SPOILERS

I'm sure that the endings will be enhanced/reworked/overhauled in the Enhanced Edition, just like they were in TW2. CDPR will spend another 1,5 years working solely on TW3, so yeah we can expect tons of patches, graphics enhancements, dlcs, expansions and an EE.
  10. G

Ideas of content after ending

I'd love to see a reworked ending with cutscenes showing what happens to the North and to Geralt and co. So basically I would welcome an enhanced edition with reworked/overhauled endings. As for the post-ending content, well, it would take lots of work, but it'd be nice to see how the world...
  11. G

Are there any mentions of Saskia or Iorveth in the game?? (some spoiler)

I'm one of those people (and an old time The Witcher fan), and no I don't say that I don't want Iorveth and/or Saskia and the others back. All I'm saying is that I want them back within context and in a tasteful, meaningful way. I don't see Iorveth or Saskia playing any meaningful part in the...
  12. G

Patch 1.04 for PC out now!

I tested it today, and while the game somewhat looks better, for whatever reason it makes it stutter a lot more (I lost fps with very little gain). I also came across a few funny bugs like dead bandits standing idly in the camp where I killed them after I reload a save file. So I decided to...
  13. G

I read through this thread and I'm amazed by the amount of issues this new patch causes, so I will skip this one.
  14. G

Oh man, reading all this negative/conflicting feedback concerning 1.04 is discouraging. I don't dare to install it. With 1.03 the game plays very well. What do you guys suggest? Should I stick with the "older" version and wait for 1.05 or should I risk installing the latest build? Nevertheless...
  15. G

Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine - two massive expansions for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

As far as I know (it was mentioned somewhere, but I can't recall where I came across this piece of info) the expansions would take place during the events of the Wild Hunt, so I assume that they will be somewhat related to the main plot. We'll see. Also I'm quite curious whether these two...
  16. G

Iorveth? Francesca Findabair? Dol Blathanna? SPOILERS

It's not a sequel really... it's the next (and the final) story of Geralt of Rivia. Certainly they occur continously, but TW2 was never really a sequel to TW1, just as it is not a prequel to TW3. The overarching story is about Geralt, his lost memory, and loved ones and the mistery of the Wild...
  17. G

Iorveth? Francesca Findabair? Dol Blathanna? SPOILERS

Actually CDPR never promised that your previous decisions would have a great impact on The Witcher 3. When this question was asked, they were always kind of reluctant and said that TW3 is more of a personal journey and that your older decisions would not have a great effect on it.
  18. G

Levelling

I had my most enjoyable figth with a level 10 monster while I'm on level 5. It was challenging, but I loved every bit of it and I was also forced to use everything at my disposal: signs, poitons, blade coatings, fighting tactics. I died several times, but in the end I figured it out, and when I...
  19. G

Fate of Novigrad - Who did you guys side with and why? (Dijkstra vs Roche vs Radovid)

IMO the only country and king which worthed anything in the "free" North was Temeria and Foltest. Redania had potential under the rule of good king Wyzimir, but his son was always a cunning, but paranoid, merciless bitch whom I never liked from the very beginning: meaning TW1. Aedern was pretty...
  20. G

Will Bathesda surpass CDprojekt Red this gen?

I'm one of the few people who likes the ending of ME, but I also hope that they will take notes while they play TW... lets be honest: TW pretty much kills everything Bioware has done so far and they have created a few great ones/classics in their time: the ME trilogy, DA:O, BG1-2, KOTOR.
Top Bottom