Search results

+
  1. CTPhipps

Phantom Liberty Story Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Pretty much what the title says. Discuss PL's story. What did you like? What did you not like? What would you have done differently. The most hilarious moment so far for me? I was doing Takemura's quest to meet with Oda and do some spy shit for Arasaka when Reed calls me about doing some...
  2. CTPhipps

We need a car show room

Much of the game is about buying a ridiculous number of cars and vehicles that you're unlikely to ever use the majority of if you're so inclined. You also have the option of getting a bunch of cars as rewards for your efforts on behalf of the Fixers or finding them in the street. You can go...
  3. CTPhipps

Should V be the protagonist of Project: Orion? [Spoilers]

Is V's story done? It's an interesting question because so much of the game was a "Shaggy Dog Story" in the fact that V moves heaven and Earth to be able to save themselves but finds out, at the end, that they've only bought themselves half a year at best. This isn't necessarily definite...
  4. CTPhipps

What WAS going on at Impala Automatics?

Just pondering this NCPD Scanner Hustle. Apparently some sort of weird experiment was going on because there's shards talking about data breaches, executions of people trying to get in, 48,000,000 in rent, and a bunch of weird projects. Any ideas what might have been going on...
  5. CTPhipps

Gameplay storytelling or "Stories of your V"

One thing that separates Open World RPGs from other stories is the fact that you are the one doing a lot of personal roleplaying with your styles of gameplay. So this is a thread to talk about the kind of storytelling you enjoy. How did your V react to things? * Did you gun down those two...
  6. CTPhipps

Flashing clothes

Anyone else getting a bug where they go into the Afterlife and people's clothes are loudly flashing like a rave?
  7. CTPhipps

Who is the best Fixer?

I'm curious who your favorite Fixers are in the game and why? They're some of the most interesting characters in the game and I was thinking about what makes them so. For me, I LIKE Regina Jones the most but the fact she's so devoted to making the world a better place also sort of undercuts her...
  8. CTPhipps

You know what I want, a Last Will and Testament Gig

This occurred to me while playing a game but I think I'd love to have a GIG where you have V decide to give NPCs a huge chunk of money, perhaps 20K (or increasing tiers of money up to 100K) or so, as part of V's bucket list. There's not really a lot that V will get out of his purchases and no...
  9. CTPhipps

Phantom Liberty story speculation

Here's my thoughts so far: + I'm disappointed this is just more of Night City. I was one of the people who was really hoping to get to do some stuff in space. + It absolutely is during the main story since we have Johnny, so no new endings or ending material. + I'm glad we're getting some...
  10. CTPhipps

[SPOILER] The 1.5 Patch and beyond Storytelling thread

This is a thread for discussing the changes to the Cyberpunk 2077 game from the 1.5 Patch and theoretically any further Patch-based content until we get some proper content. Some actual new content has been added to the game and this the thread for discussing it--or at least that's the plan...
  11. CTPhipps

What stories/characters would you have liked to have been followed up on

One of my complaints about the game is the relatively minor issue that I feel a lot of the stories and characters don't have follow up that would have made them more interesting. * Max-Tac * Trauma Team * Voodoo Boyz * NetWatch * Lizzy Wizzy * Meredith Stout I feel similarly that we could have...
  12. CTPhipps

Hilarious theory about Johnny and V

The V-chip is only compatible with people who are biologically related to their Engram. We see this in the Arasaka ending. Johnny can join with V and take over his body and is the first time its successfully worked. So, does this mean that V is one of Johnny's bastard's children? Yes, the...
  13. CTPhipps

Most random things in Cyberpunk 2077

Basically a thread about the things that just make you go "huh" when you encounter them. Share all of the ones that you think were interesting and weird. For me? * Straight Edge V: Consistently and throughout the game, V can turn down any and all alcohol or drugs when they're offered. Of all...
  14. CTPhipps

Platonic relationships with love interests

One of the things about Cyberpunk 2077 is that it has a decent number of love interests but very little crossover (there's no bisexual love interests for example) and they never really meat. However, one interesting thing is that you can still develop very deep relationships with the love...
  15. CTPhipps

The Johnny Silverhand appreciation thread

Much like the other threads. I think Johnny is a base breaking character because they do take a bunch of space up from the story of V and that could have been devoted to developing their personality. However, I just can't help myself, I absolutely love Johnny's personality and history. I'm a...
  16. CTPhipps

The Missed Opportunities in the Story thread

Yep. It's one of THOSE threads but we have a few ground rules to start. I think there were a lot of missing story opportunities in the game and the game could have been stronger if elements had been followed up on that weren't. Go wild. It's all for fun after all. Here's mine: 1. Dex gets...
  17. CTPhipps

Is the Watson section really the game we wanted?

I was just thinking that the Watson section with Jackie, T-Bug, Evelyn, Judy, and Dex really is substantially better than the rest of the game. Which is a shame because I really did love Johnny Silverhand and Keanu's portrayal. However, everything just makes more SENSE in the part of the game...
  18. CTPhipps

The "really small things you'd like" thread

We all have ideas of big epic editions to the game that you'd like but what about really tiny adjustments? The things that were like the Wolf Armor and new hairstyles for Geralt of the Witcher 3. This is a thread for things you'd like in the game that are almost miniscule but would improve your...
  19. CTPhipps

Should there have been a third act?

CD Projekt Red said that they deliberately kept the game short because they wanted to avoid people not finishing the game like THE WITCHER 3. However, the main quest is something like 30 hours when there's a lot of video games that are at least 40 hours and that is considered a standard. In a...
  20. CTPhipps

Are the romances actually thin?

This is something I was wondering while playing the game because I hear a lot of complaints about them and I'm just not seeing it. The romances are tied together with fairly long quest-chains that are related to you forging a relationship with the main characters. That's pretty much the Bioware...
Top Bottom