Search results

+
  1. V

Fallout 4

With Metacritic it is all about the numbers, you know. Probably, no one takes it seriously when there are less than 500 ratings, but when numbers are big, it sure tracks gamers' perception of the game well enough. They are also not split equally between green and red, as sometimes happens, when...
  2. V

Looking for good (honest) game reviews

Yeah, I would trust Van Ord, and Gamespot in general, concerning not-so-mainstream games, but not major franchises. About major titles - I wouldn't trust any professional reviewer at all. There are other ways to form an opinion, YouTube videos is one of them. But, you know, unless the game...
  3. V

Witcher - the movie - details released

Actually, it is a requirement of many (may be even all) US universities. In California a lot of people opt for learning Spanish. Practically everyone I know who has a degree is proficient in a second language. Given that Sapkowski's saga was translated into German and Spanish, a lot of people...
  4. V

Polish movie with similar "feel" to the witcher

Well, whoever is interested in Henryk Sienkiewicz, as anyone should be, go watch Quo Vadis?. It has like 3 or 4 remakes, from 1913 to 2001.
  5. V

Now reading [books]

The Man on a Donkey, parts 1 and 2. An old, but quite amazing novel about the dissolution of the monasteries in England in 1536, and the Pilgrimage of Grace.
  6. V

Favourite Character in the Witcherverse

Books: Regis Games: Letho and Philipa
  7. V

Quest Reason of State - the most disappointing quest in the game and maybe even in the whole series

Which one? If to use Roche to wack Radovid, I agree. But the rest of Dijkstra's actions does not make any frigging sense. After Radovid is dead, it is pretty much irrelevant whether Roche and Thaler are dead or alive. Dijkstra should have run like crazy to take over, and to unite people. To...
  8. V

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Yeah. I bought it, played it for an hour, and couldn't take it anymore. May be I am getting too old for this already, but it does feel childish, like some damn cartoon. In essence, a very conventional modern game made for teenagers and very young adults, with nothing to offers me personally...
  9. V

Petition: Stop making the game easier!

Well, as long as it affects only lower difficulty levels, I do not mind. Actually, I would prefer to have Easy difficulty really stupid easy, with boss fights being just a very fast affair with no real chance of death for those who just goes through a story and does not want to waste time on...
  10. V

Movies / TV Shows!

My personal all-time favorite historical drama is Wolf Hall. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kT2lMkhldc I've read the novels, though (they are on my personal Top Ten Best Historical Novels of All Times), so I don't know how it is to people who did not read Mantel's books. I don't really...
  11. V

Whoever wrote the Baron

1. I agree with this. I read all the books in every game, so it wasn't a problem for me. Seemed like Dark Souls-type of storytelling - a story is discovered, often through reading, and if not to pay attention - hard to figure out what a hell is going on. I sort of like to discover obscure things...
  12. V

Whoever wrote the Baron

Actually, if you read books in the world, and hear all dialogues, it makes not just perfect sense, but pretty much explains and adds to Anna's tragedy. 1. In one of the books we learn who this spirit really is, and her relationship with the Ladies. 2. Children always lived in the swamps because...
  13. V

New Gwent cards + Viper gear in Hearts of Stone (spoilers)

Well, they just could make the starting armor itself upgradable, as school armors. No need to give it some fancy name and irritate those of us who expected an original design. Now it feels like a petty revenge of a disgruntled teenager - you got what you wanted, bitches, enjoy!
  14. V

New Gwent cards + Viper gear in Hearts of Stone (spoilers)

Yeah, it is crazy. I don't get it - either do it properly with a new design, or don't do it at all. To reskin a starter armor, change its stats and get a fancy name - it is not even funny, it is childish. In case you CDPR did not get it, we did not ask for some re-skinned armor BE NAMED "Viper...
  15. V

Why the Third act is as good as the rest of the game.

You know, I think you are right here. Act 3 feels like a typical Bioware crappy story-telling, with stupid one-dimensional villains and crazy and completely non-sensical situations. Actually, I even want a Bioware trademark star child here. At least he would have explained what a fuck happened...
  16. V

The different treatment of Triss and Yennefer by CDPR

Well, since the books I am of opinion that Triss is one f***ing bitch, and that I won't touch her with a ten-foot pole. Whatever CDPR want to do with her, true love, true WAIFU, I don't give a damn. So I just go along with Triss' story-line until I can ship her to Kovir. Then I simply go back to...
  17. V

Why the Third act is as good as the rest of the game.

Yeah, it is some pretty low opinion that the rest of the game is as good, or as crappy, as the third act. :) But if to be serious: If someone is going to argue that Act 3 is actually good, he/she will have to address all (or at least most important and frequent ones) our criticisms, one by one...
  18. V

Radovid Memes

Because it is! Being defeated AGAIN, the emperor murdered, all the hard work of our diplomatic corps and intelligence agency going to waste, and a noble sacrifice of hundreds of thousands of our troops is wasted - how a fuck is it any better? Long live the Emperor! Nilfgaard forever!
  19. V

Far Cry: Primal

I like the idea. Hunting pre-historic, now extinct megafauna is at least something new. But I worry about a variety of possible weapons. I simply loved my sniper rifle, machine gun and rocket launcher, you know. What would I get now - a super-fast potato gun, and a bow with magic auto-aim?
  20. V

The (Open) Game World Discussion!

Well, I want a good story, and being bigger is more of an obstacle than help in regard to a well thought-out plot. More people to employ, more disconnect between them. Also I don't like megalomania in games because practically always it is just a dick-sizing contest. We'll see how it'll turn out...
Top Bottom