Search results

+
  1. dampflokfreund

I hope CDPR will improve Raytracing performance and VRAM usage with the next update (Overdrive mode)

Soon, CDPR will release a patch that adds an Overdrive mode for Nvidias new Lovelace GPUs. That mode will turn Raytracing way up. However, I hope CDPR will take this opportunity to make RT run better on lower end hardware as well. The new mode apparently removes all light maps in the game...
  2. dampflokfreund

Probably memory leak - Cyberpunk

Yup, the RT reflections are the culprit for the lower general framerate. They need to add adjustable reflection quality. Still, I'm not sure if they are the cause for memory leaks. I don't think it matters - as soon as you enable any RT effect the BVH structures which occupy some VRAM get build...
  3. dampflokfreund

Yes, I have had memory leaks even before 1.5. But with 1.5, the memory consumption of Raytracing increased significantly which does make the issue more apparent. I don't believe they will fix the streaming, mind you, but it's worth a try. It requires a ton of reworking on the engine side from...
  4. dampflokfreund

So yeah, this memory leak definately was not intended by CDPR. I tested it using the RT Medium preset at 1080p with my 6 GB 2060 which is exactly what the official system requirements recommend. The game defaults to High textures and there is no remark about having to use medium textures in the...
  5. dampflokfreund

FPS drop over time, only restart fix it. STILL HERE AFTER 2 YEARS?!?!

Turn down texture quality to medium.
  6. dampflokfreund

This indeed has been a issue since day 1, however as I said it's heavily dependend where you are in the game, your settings, your VRAM and how long you play. With this new patch, VRAM usage increased, so naturally that means people who were not noticing this issue before are now noticing it...
  7. dampflokfreund

There's a pretty reliable way to reproduce this: Create a savestate in the Afterlife. From the Afterlife walk to that market behind Tom's Diner and run a couple of rounds. Then reload the Afterlife savestate and do that procedure again. Repeat that a couple of times and watch your performance...
  8. dampflokfreund

Patch 1.5 significant performance loss with Raytracing enabled

I can confirm the local shadow option has been added, which is good. I am glad CDPR is listening to feedback. However, sadly disabling it has not improved my performance, the game still performs a lot worse than pre-1.5 with RT on. Something else is going on here.
  9. dampflokfreund

Map slow to load/stutters then Game slow/stutters when exit for a moment (1.5)

Are you playing at 4K and with RT on your 3080? Then the culprit is likely VRAM. Lower texture detail to medium.
  10. dampflokfreund

This has been an issue since day 1 and it will likely never get fixed due to how the engine works. If you want to use Raytracing on your 2060, you have to lower texture quality to medium or even low. Even medium will unfortunately have memory leaks in longer sessions especially in that little...
  11. dampflokfreund

Poor perfomance after 1.5 update

Memory leak. Common issue with CP2077. Performance will get worse over time and stuff like that happens. Especially with High textures and RT on. It's especially a problem in Little China.
  12. dampflokfreund

Poor perfomance after 1.5 update

Yeah they added some additional RT quality improvements like local shadows and better reflections. Sad thing is that those are not an extra option but are enabled by default when RT is on, that is why performance is lower.
  13. dampflokfreund

Read my post. I don't complain about them improving the graphics, I complain that the game runs worse than before on the same settings. There's a very, very simple solution to this: just add these two improvements as seperate settings and everyone profits, you can have better graphics by...
  14. dampflokfreund

With the new 1.5 patch, CDPR decided to include local light shadows and changed roughness cutoff for RT reflections as a standard. This results into a big performance loss which is absolutely unacceptable, given the game is already demanding as it is. For example, GPUs which previously held 60...
  15. dampflokfreund

Memory leak fixed?

In past versions there were issues where performance was degrading over time because of a memory leak. Basically what happened was the longer you played and reloaded save-states, your VRAM was to slowly fill up until it swapped into RAM which caused performance degradation. However, with the...
  16. dampflokfreund

Patch 1.2 — list of changes

Seems not likely. They would specifically mention it otherwise instead of all those random memory optimizations (to prevent crashing)
  17. dampflokfreund

What’s new in Night City? [Patch 1.2 development insight]

Fix lack of DLSS sharpness and FPS getting worse over time please.
  18. dampflokfreund

What’s new in Night City? [Patch 1.2 development insight]

Please fix FPS getting worse over time on PC.
  19. dampflokfreund

Performance Issues / Poor Optimization

Performance degrades quickly for me especially with RTX on and on the market places. When restarting, it is fixed until the performance degrades again... Anyone else?
  20. dampflokfreund

Forced Sharpening in 1.04?

That's disappointing. It shouldn't be a lot of work to integrate a sharpening slider for TAA and DLSS. Also don't disable TAA folks, modern game engines are relying on TAA for rendering certain effects and without it, some visual effects can get broken.
Top Bottom