Search results

+
  1. D

Real world sources for inspiration

Thanks, Rev! I'm glad you can make use of it. Here's an interesting line to emphasize than even current-world major powers are admitting: "Technology will continue to be the great leveler. The future Internet “moguls”—as with today’s Google or Facebook—sit on mountains of data and have more...
  2. D

Oh I agree that the rule books are rich with ideas, but here's a little gem I discovered for example, that could be great for storytelling: Solar Geomagnetic Storms: "solar geomagnetic storms could knock out satellites, the electric grid, and many sensitive electronic devices. the recurrence...
  3. D

Real world sources for inspiration Hey guys! I was doing some digging and found that the United States Department of National Intelligence recently released a very interesting intelligence report on what our real world future might be like. I encourage you all to read this with me and draw on...
  4. D

Where do I keep this crap? Gear caches!

Haha, I like trickery implied here! Hiding stuff all over the world could be a great way to recover from a loss, but also an interesting way to immerse into the game further when looking for a place to do it!
  5. D

Cyberpunk is retrofuturistic

Synthen: I am trying to understand what your expectations are here. You felt it was all off, because it didn't fit your interpretation of the 80's vision of the future? The future is made up until it happens. I feel the trailer very well captured what it needed to about the future that might...
  6. D

Enemies that fire badly?

I really like what this post is addressing. My time in the military has shown me the wide range of professionalism and capability of various troops within the U.S. military, much less outside it. Top tier special operators move like they know each other's most intimate nuances, appear to act...
  7. D

Controversy in gaming

227, I feel that you present a much safer way to foray into topics that could be offensive, and that it is one of the most important things devs should take from this thread. It would lend the ability to paint a much more emotionally involved world for the player on a level of subjects that...
  8. D

Controversy in gaming

227, I feel that "aiming for controversy" is part of the basis of the cyberpunk movement having ever happened. They saw what the norm was, and Bruce Sterling, William Gibson and others felt it was time to paint a very different picture where bad shit actually happens. I think controversy became...
  9. D

Legal labor: Welcome to your boring Cyberpunk life!

Hey, you're right! That could be an interesting way to justify making rent in a nice neighborhood. If 100% of your money is dirty, and everyone's sure you don't even have a day job, that could be awefully suspicious. Even if we don't go to the lengths of acting out that job through gameplay...
  10. D

Safehouses - yes or no? - or how to make them work?

Hey Whisper, an apology means alot. Thanks, most people won't do that kind of thing on the internet! Poet, I think that if you become a wealthy land owner it breaks theme with cyberpunk pretty badly unless there is a lot of bad stuff that comes along with that. I get why games like The Sims are...
  11. D

Will Cyberpunk be too Pessimistic about the future?

I have to thank you, Chris, for giving me reason to learn transhumanism as a philosophy better. I think it would be really powerful to exhibit that kind of thinking by powerful NPCs in the CP2077 setting to provide the contrast necessary to make cyberpunk feel more real. Imagine some famous guy...
  12. D

Hairstyle

You don't have to be, really. Just like in real life, you should expect to see someone in a virtual world that you think looks like an idiot, that their style is bad or wrong or looks stupid. If you run into someone like that at a club in CP2077, I'd like to even hope you could talk shit to...
  13. D

Will Cyberpunk be too Pessimistic about the future?

I think transhumanism is an idea that is inherently tossed about in a cyberpunk setting, but not by the protagonists so much. I wouldn't call it the flip side at all, I would perhaps call it what the rich think about it. I'm assuming that the CP2077 wealthy class would be totally into...
  14. D

Cyberpunk is retrofuturistic

Look at how Deus Ex: Human Revolution deals with its tech. They make a fully augmented protagonist look sleek, and sexy. His shades are ON his face, and it looks badass. For all we know he may meet the CP2077 definition of a full cyborg, but he looks good and has clear style. The clothing in the...
  15. D

I like the idea that fast travel won't be available near enemies at the least, and that could lead to storing ammo in places you expect to fight in, leading to an extended mission plan for crazier missions. Maybe you loot too much ammo, and hide it in the area as a result so that you can come...
  16. D

Hairstyle

Wow. I read all 15 pages of replies straight through, and I see a strong push for the punks! I think I should bring some cybergoth style to the table, though it was aaaaalmost hinted at already: http://d2tq98mqfjyz2l.cloudfront.net/image_cache/1307197114636846.jpg...
  17. D

I appreciate you guys commenting on my idea! Lolssi, I like where you're going with that. By 2077 they better have something pretty good at lifting fingerprints, looking for DNA, tracking down loose fibers, and generally investigating who it was that was in my cache that caused something to go...
  18. D

that Retro consumerist look for Archtecture

I agree with Chris and echo what Spider was getting at. In 2077, the population will likely be even higher than in the skyscraper-dotted cityscape of Cyberpunk 2020. The use of a high tech way to fit more people, closer together should be strongly represented in some areas. Modular designs like...
  19. D

Legal labor: Welcome to your boring Cyberpunk life!

Yeah, like I said, having a "normal job" is great as part of a mission or with a not-normal-job objective. There would have to be a real, clear, defined payoff besides minimum wage paychecks on Fridays!
  20. D

I see how gear caches can become cumbersome, but the premise that there is a "bank" where your stuff is 100% safe like in MMOs, or where you have near infinite inventory, like in Fallout, are conventions I decided were worth providing a worldly alternative to, because they would destroy a piece...
Top Bottom