Search results

+
  1. K

I've lost 3 weeks of playtime saves when my PC caught fire.

It's happened before to people a few times. It's pretty rare as there are usually safeguards set in place so if something gets dangerously hot the computer will just cut the power off. But there have been for example driver updates from Nvidia that have caused cards to catch fire back in the...
  2. K

Did you start a new game because of 'Hearts of Stone'?

I had started my NG+ just after NG+ released but stopped in White Orchard before the expansion came out. When I came back, I was determined to just continue through till Expansion level and do it then, but I had already gone through the entire story 4 times before, got haflway through the main...
  3. K

The Witcher 3 is GOTY, silencing all critics?

The dissenting voices tend to be the most important ones. If everyone in a room is in agreement besides 1 person, that 1 person is the most valuable person there. Because what they have to say must have taken some effort to come up with and may contain a grain of truth and at the very least...
  4. K

Unplayable mouse lag, please help.

Unplayable mouse lag, please help. I'm coming here as a last resort, I've gone through every possible solution I can think of and I still haven't been able to fix it. So heres the issue. This isn't the first time I've played the game, I've put 350 hours into it already, but I just reinstalled...
  5. K

Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

It already happened once and didn't turn out so well.
  6. K

Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

Maybe, but then another part of it could just be that there's not much contention in other areas, they aren't so controversial and so don't get talked about as much. I doubt you are going to split the community on a discussion of who should rule Skellige for instance.
  7. K

Triss vs Yennefer [NOW WITH SPOILERS. Oh, well.]

I could only ever see it that way if you take his words literally. To me it sound a lot like the old phrase "The flame has died" Meaning the passion is gone. Flowery language, metaphorical in nature. Of course, there are going to be people who desperately want it to be the case and will take it...
  8. K

I'm familiar with them. I did watch the sword in the stone as a kid after all (kidding, kidding) Point was it's never said. The only answer we get as to where they are is "Does it matter? We are together. You and me." There are hints here and there, but it's never actually said at any point...
  9. K

He might be referring to some of my posts. I know some of them could give that impression.I have said before that I don't think the romances should be on equal footing and there's no reason to believe they should. Choosing Triss over Yen should be a big deal, and that should be reflected in the...
  10. K

Try to keep in mind that where they were taken was never actually specified at any point. It's not called Avalon or Avallach in the books, only in the games. It's all left ambiguous. Remember this is a story being told to Galahad by Ciri, for all we know she made that part up and they just died...
  11. K

That may be fine for you, but I'd rather the romances actually be different instead of just "Do you prefer red hair or black hair". In the end all this does is make it boring.
  12. K

But there is no consequence if both options are equal. It's just a choice at that point. a wash.
  13. K

What consequence? Because I'm only seeing choice here.
  14. K

Interesting take on it. I hadn't really thought about the White Frost as symbolism so much. So thanks for giving me something to think about.
  15. K

I have to disagree about it being that major of a theme. It only really applied to two antagonists, the Aen Elle, and to a lesser extent, Emhyr. Skellen wasn't interested in it, and it had no bearing on Vilgefortz either. He wanted the power her blood could bring him, the Aen Elle wanted it to...
  16. K

All of them except Season of Storms. White frost for instance, was never much of a theme, it was a background thing going on that wasn't relevant to their time period. It was a distant future threat 3000 years off. It wasn't so much a theme as a primary motivation for "some" of the antagonists...
  17. K

Well that was a lot to catch up on. Can't say I'm entirely surprised. I would have liked if they had actually stood by the whole "choices and consequence" But it seems like they just want to go the "all choices are equal" route instead. Which is a shame, it shouldn't be equal. I know TT want's...
  18. K

No, because that would be completely out of character for him. That's something I care about, whether it's in an RPG, or a book. You've got to remember we are dealing with a predefined character that we can roleplay. There are going to be limitations because of that. It's not like Dragon Age...
  19. K

Yeah, but it shows that he "gets it" on some level.
  20. K

If you ignore the crossed out words though, it's pretty much spot on.
Top Bottom