Search results

+
  1. aegiskleais

Stuck in a call with Takemura [Spoilers]

Count me in. ~100+ hours, Takemura gives me a call to arrange a meeting (warning me "not to get lost"), and after that call, he immediately calls back, staring at me indefinitely. Cannot use double jump, cannot make phone calls or do lots of other actions. I have met up with him and the dialogue...
  2. aegiskleais

High heels vs character-believability and respect

If Ciri is Geralt's daughter, and Geralt has an eye for attractive females, then genetics would deem Ciri to be a beautiful woman more often than not. That being said, the sexualization of females is often done in a twofold attempt to engender an emotional tie from the player, and to simply...
  3. aegiskleais

TW3 UI Aesthetics

Apple preaches a methodology that does not subscribe to the belief of adding artistic elements to the design if they do not merit any aid to the UI. This is the core principle behind a minimal interface. Decoration, especially excess decoration, is noise, and the eye has to process a significant...
  4. aegiskleais

Which console for optimum Witcher 3 experience (or PC)?

Right. So 1 input method can transcend the other platform, but not the other way around (no keyboard/mouse on consoles). A gamepad (if an acceptable format for input for the player) on PC, might get them a "best of both worlds", but an input preference is, IMO, a small part of the complete...
  5. aegiskleais

Which console for optimum Witcher 3 experience (or PC)?

Consoles are static hardware. Their performance is a constant, not a variable. PCs, due to their modular nature, have a variable performance. A $500 PC and a $3000 PC are both PCs, but they will have decidedly different abilities. To me, this sounds like a context of what your preferred input...
  6. aegiskleais

TW3 UI Aesthetics

I'm more a fan of a clean artistic style than an ornate one. For example, the UI on screen was very clean and minimal. Typography was professionally done when notices about new quests or different stages of the quest came up. I like this. It's contextual information, only provided to you when...
  7. aegiskleais

The Witcher 3 for Linux

I guess it really depends on the complexity of the game being written. Not only that, but whether you have a viable team (or a subset of them) who are skilled enough developers in the other platforms. I always give people the Ubisoft example. Ubi is a very console-centric developer, and it's...
  8. aegiskleais

The Witcher 3 for Linux

It's superfluous, non-standardized "extension" to JavaScript, not that it matters much until you have a developer who makes a site require JScript. I was of the belief before that "If you're going to use IE, at least use the latest version your OS supports" because it's better than the version...
  9. aegiskleais

The Witcher 3 for Linux

You said it yourself, you're a user of IE, not a developer. You have no idea what I'm talking about because you do not develop website applications to be compliant with Internet Explorer browsers. You're merely a user. Your concern with the browser goes as far as a consumer is concerned with the...
  10. aegiskleais

The Witcher 3 for Linux

Yeah, there just needs to be a big enough initiative to make Linux look like a viable option for current and upcoming game developers, once if enough momentum is provided, this will snowball just like the browser wars that Microsoft once ruled. And as an aside to anyone who is not aware of it...
  11. aegiskleais

The Witcher 3 for Linux

But the problem remains. It's not enough for a game to be supported on Mac, the hardware has to be able to run it decently. And with Mac products being so hard-locked in at what they come with, it still makes Mac less viable of a gaming platform, sad to say. Linux, on the other hand, can be...
  12. aegiskleais

The Witcher 3 for Linux

I recently picked up a Macbook Pro for work and though I love the thing, and thought about moving over to Mac, the fact that they utilize static hardware and have exorbitantly overpriced hardware (ie, 8GB of memory is $400, when I can get high-quality 8GB for a Windows machine right now for $90...
  13. aegiskleais

The Witcher 3 probably not 1080p on consoles.

This many months out, it would be crazy to assume that even a build today would be as optimized as it is during a gold run. 6 months is a lot of time a for a professional group like CDPR to work out kinks and get the ball rolling smoother.
  14. aegiskleais

Ignorance is bliss, and stupidity is contagious.

I always saw Geralt as "Wise and Worldly". Because of the nature of his job, he realizes that information is valuable, and actively seeks to take the path of self-education before he takes to his swords. He doesn't come across as an "intellectual" (the likes of which are often exuded from...
  15. aegiskleais

TW3 UI Aesthetics

In terms of UI functionality "operational" and "good enough" are never sufficient. If you're not taking active advantage of the control mechanics that a platform can offer, you are not optimizing your UI and experience for the consumers that use it on that platform. I'll give you guys one of...
  16. aegiskleais

First Person Mode In TW3 (outside combat - Poll)

As long as the camera angles are good, I'm fine here either way; it's a SP game, so whether you're in 1PV or 3PV, you're not affecting anyone else's game. My concern with the camera in 3PV are often seen from bad developers who are used to console development, but don't make the needed...
  17. aegiskleais

Will The Witcher 3 Retail also have a digital key/install

It does kinda suck. There's no guarantee the game will arrive the day it unlocks and goes live. Then, you have a DVD install. DVD holds 4.7GB per side. If the game is 35GB compressed, that's 6+ disc. Luckily, I have a DVD player on my PC, but I understand how today many people may have PCs that...
  18. aegiskleais

The Witcher 3 probably not 1080p on consoles.

As a PC gamer, I have to say that I'm tired of hearing XB1 and PS4 complain/tout 1080p/60FPS capability. It's a standard that's been around forever that only now consoles are (just barely, it seems) capable of handling. This isn't a console-bashing post. I just wish console gamers would...
  19. aegiskleais

No exclusive content for any platform?

Long story short, they are promising no digital content will differ. Not the physical content. There was a 100+ page "discussion" about this. Take it or leave it.
  20. aegiskleais

You Neutral?

I do not seek conflict. I attempt to remain neutral for the sake of balance. I will have an opinion. If you devalue my opinion, the value of yours will be unequivocally neutralized. I ignore (and mock) people who deny others an opinion, and then tout their own as fact. I understand that the...
Top Bottom