Search results

+
  1. Harthwain

Death Stranding Has Gone Gold

Well, you either go with "that's magic" (read: we have no idea how it works, only that it works) or you set up some sort of rules that work like physics, which means that they can be proven or, at least, explained. I find the latter to be better personally, because it allows the community for...
  2. Harthwain

Ratings like that are suspicious to say the least, especially the ones with zeroes. A lot can be said about Steam reviews, but you have to actually own the game to be able to vote and you have a bunch of options to browse reviews that have some thought (and play time) put into them (and with...
  3. Harthwain

Steam has a release date: I guess this means no Epic exclusive, although the price of pre-order (called "pre-purchase" in this case) is through the roof.
  4. Harthwain

I thought it will have potentially much deeper implications, aside from that. Like, story-wise and maybe even difficulty-wise.
  5. Harthwain

Side quest rewards and roleplaying

I understand what you're saying - and in general I'd agree with you - but given that in TW we controlled a monster hunter for hire and in CP77 we control basically a mercenary, having the option to do something for a price seems like a reasonable expectation, given that kind of background. Even...
  6. Harthwain

They call it that, because the main goal will be moving across the countryside. What you're actually doing, though, is basically the Pony Express - you have to deliver your packages through the wildlands and there will be all sorts of threats waiting for you. It's not like we'll have only...
  7. Harthwain

To get this thread back on topic - take Disco Elysium for example: you have a pre-defined character (a male, a drunk, a cop), but the way the game is designed (you have both physical and psychical attributes + thoughts) it's possible to role play "who you are" quite heavily within that narrative...
  8. Harthwain

It's questionable how much this will be "our" character and how much it'll be a character made by developers and simply lended to players (known as V). I will go as far as to claim that Cyberpunk 2077 will be limited in very similar fashion [as The Witcher] in this regard. Honestly, at a minimum...
  9. Harthwain

Character is made of finite number of stats is purely because it's a fairly simple way of getting together enough data for the Game Master to evaluate what you can or can't do on a physical level. But the number of possible character interactions with the environment depends on the environment...
  10. Harthwain

While this is true, I think they could've done a much better job at implementing the RPG elements. Especially given the fact that they had an excellent source material to pick from (Cyberpunk 2020).
  11. Harthwain

On the contrary, it's possible (and very RPG-like). You don't even need anything special for it technology-wise either - just a bunch of stats that are responsible for projecting your character's overall psyche during a conversation and a text screen (think: Fallout 2), where interactions...
  12. Harthwain

That sounds... Bad. Like, really, really bad. CDPR may be great at making unique quests, but it shows they aren't that great at creating RPG systems for their action RPGs (which shows in all of their The Witcher games). It reminds me of a comment someone made after seeing the gameplay reveal...
  13. Harthwain

You can learn by repetition. And it's possible to learn new things. Well, not all RPG give you experience that can be spent on whatever. One of the reasons why I liked Morrowind so much back in the day was that I increased my skills by using them. Isn't that also the path Cyberpunk 2077 is...
  14. Harthwain

You can change quest design though. Streamline the player's interactions too much and it won't be more interesting than saying "yes" or "no". Give players as many options as you can - within reason - and it will be much better individual experience. It will mean extra work, true, but isn't that...
  15. Harthwain

Star Citizen

This is a really good point, and part of the reason why I like indie games so much. They are often able to achieve more (compared to the mainstream games), despite having more limited resources. I heard somewhere that Fallout was originally envisioned as first-person experience, but the...
  16. Harthwain

Kojima. It's basically the only reason. You will hear people being excited every time when a "big name" comes up during development of a project. Just look at Two Worlds The Outer Worlds. The key words are: "Obsidian", "Tim Cain" and "Leonard Boyarsky". Personally I am not as obsessed with the...
  17. Harthwain

1) The setting is weird, but it helps making it interesting and encourage people to learn more about it. 2) It's a sandbox open-world game. Having the freedom to do whatever you want, however you want, is never a bad thing. 3) You will be able to engineer stuff. I can see a huge potential in...
  18. Harthwain

My primary concern is how easy it'll be to orientate in the in-game world without knowing anything about its universe first. I hate games where everybody acts like they know what's going on and require of the player to do the same. That's because the hard work is not seen as something...
  19. Harthwain

Disco Elysium

One guy seems to be a Pole. I am deducing that because he is using a mug with Polish words on it. Could be a random tag though.
  20. Harthwain

Star Citizen

The 2020 release is for Squadron 42, not Star Citizen. I am separating these two, because the first is supposed to be a single-player experience, while the latter is for multi-player. In my experience time and money are the two things that can never be accurately guessed and you always end up...
Top Bottom