Search results

+
  1. L

PC specs and benchmarks DISCUSSION

The fact that the REDs are actually improving the visuals via the day-one patch makes me quite optimistic. Given this and what Jose, the "God of Clouds", said in an interview about hopefully patching volumetric effects back into the game, I suspect CD Projekt are going to continually improve the...
  2. L

The Witcher 3 - Visuals

It's certainly possible - whether or not they'll do it is another matter. But patches can change almost anything - including graphics.
  3. L

The Witcher 3 - Visuals

I agree with the analysis - the biggest thing that's changed between the 35-minute gameplay and the more recent material is the way foliage reacts to lighting and, probably, the lighting system as a whole. It feels like the game has taken a big step backwards visually just because of this. My...
  4. L

Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine - two massive expansions for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

I also wonder if Kalkstein will make an appearance in either of the expansions...
  5. L

List of supported game technologies in the Witcher 3

For what it's worth, the facial animations middleware in the game appears from the footage to be FaceFX. It's the big facial animation middleware in gaming right now. Previously, for the other Witcher games, CD Projekt used a much lesser-known (and much less robust) middleware called Annosoft...
  6. L

Graphic downgrade

The new screenshot to me really evokes a Witcher 1 atmosphere. The huts are very reminiscent of the sorts of huts you'd see in the Outskirts of Vizima or Murky Waters. Incredibly nostalgic and really gives me the right feeling for a Witcher game - it's the atmosphere of the first game that made...
  7. L

Graphic downgrade

I think the shading has noticeably regressed since the 35-minute gameplay trailer, and the lighting overall looks a lot more 'flat'. If you look at Geralt's armour in the new footage, for instance, the blue parts almost seem like they're Photoshopped in, they don't have any shadows cast on them...
  8. L

Graphic downgrade

One of the cornerstones of PC gaming is selecting your own settings, though. I have no doubt that the original visuals would cause most PCs to struggle immensely, but that's why graphics options exist. There's no reason to take the option away from people because not everyone can run it. The...
  9. L

Graphic downgrade

The thing about the newer footage that truly concerns me as far as the notion of a 'graphics downgrade' is how flat the shading looks. It does seem like the lighting system has taken some degree of a hit (unless - and I'm hoping that this is the case - these effects are just part of the ultra...
  10. L

Is The Witcher 1 still playable?

I honestly am still partial to TW1 over TW2. Of course, this board naturally attracts people who are the most invested in the series, and that often (but not always!) means they are fans of the first game, but I definitely think the criticisms over the first game's combat are overblown, and...
  11. L

The Perfect Triss

It'd be even better if this theoretical alternate appearance for Triss DLC wasn't a sort of "enable the DLC and now Triss looks permanently different" thing, but more of an "Okay, now Triss has an alternate outfit that she wears where appropriate" (for instance, a dress similar to what she wore...
Top Bottom