Search results

+
  1. V

In game character Perspective!

No, that is in fact your preference, which explains why you subjectively favor first person perspective. :giggle: The "why not both" should have been answered with my first post already: the more complex a protagonist is – the more defined he/she is by his/her past, present, family, friends...
  2. V

It's a very, very specific kind of "immersion" that the first person perspective is "objectively best" for. It's the kind of immersion that makes the main character a blank projection figure for the player. It's not just games that attempt this, it's also books and movies. The more empty the...
  3. V

It dies for me - completely. I can't play First Person, or at the very least not for very long. Getting through Firewatch was a pain in the ass already, and that was seriously slow sauce. And I gave up on FallOut 3 because the third person view was a joke... I really, really wanted to play that...
  4. V

Third person or the whole thing can go to hell. Easy as that. As for the "choice" option, it ruined the poll sadly. Evidently people are for 'choice', that was a given right from the beginning, but games hardly ever work even remotely similarly well in two distinct perspective modes. Take...
  5. V

(unofficial) Cyberpunk 2077 FAQ. Frequently Asked Quandaries.

Perfect. A wonderful starting point. Thanks, Sardukhar!
  6. V

Community manager for CDPR compares gamergate to the KKK

That may be true, though I struggle to find the 'good purposes' particularly around the start of the movement. And then there is, of course, the original source of the hashtag – Adam Baldwin's clear cut slutshaming tweet. I think that the movement has existed before, but gained in strength by...
  7. V

George R. R. Martin... interesting you guys should bring him up. He had quite a few things to write in connection to gamergate's favorite FUB methods and cardboard enemy concept — "the SJW", a fictional group that serves as a bridging narrative between attacking feminist game critics and the...
  8. V

They were not only disruptive, they were designed to be disruptive, as in covert op. Read their abject crowdfunding campaign strategy layout, or at the very least this. http://comicsalliance.com/honey-badger-radio-calgary-expo/ Gamergate as represented by the Honey Badger Brigade IS a hate...
  9. V

An apology, honestly? Seriously, this is what happened: http://comicsalliance.com/honey-badger-radio-calgary-expo/ For these proceedings, gamergate has to apologize with more tweets than twitter could ever stand. There should be gaters by the millions distancing themselves from the Honey...
Top Bottom