Search results

+
  1. G

How is it possible that Aard's 'Shock Wave' still does not scale with intensity?

How is it possible that Aard's 'Shock Wave' still does not scale with intensity? Hello, I have not been on the forums for a while, but now I finally bought both expansion packs and started playing again with 1.3. I saw many bugs fixed and abilities balanced, however aards last skill is still...
  2. G

Skill balance absolutely awful

TW1 sign build were worthwhile, you could destroy large groups of enemies with them. they only did not work for the final boss. But thanks for feeling with us. There is a saying in game design: If you want to implement something, implement it right or dont implement it at all. I think this fits...
  3. G

Skill balance absolutely awful

I just don't understand why they force us to put so many points into a skilltree to unlock the upper skills and then people say "you're not meant specialize!". Of course we f*cking are! There is witcher-mage specialized gear, there is a full skill tree for signs. A sing build should be as good...
  4. G

Broken combat & levelling balance nearly ruins this game...

I agree, they even put that stupid mechanic that overleveled creatures almost take no damage and deal ten times, more. If a player has the skill to take a creature down let him do it and don't artificially make it impossible.
  5. G

Letho of Gulet

I recently had this problem, if you don't import the last autosave of TW2 (after finishing the dialogue with letho and letting him go hos way) but a manual savegame letho is dead by default. Lost 20 hours of gameplay that way.
  6. G

Soft Targeting

Another problem are the moves of geralt. You basically never know what strike type he will do next or if he will jump on an enemy or just do a standing slash with slight movement. If every sword type had its own moveset you always know what the first, second and third strike will look like, but...
  7. G

A Sword Enthusiast Praises Witcher 3's Combat

So all the guy is saying is basically that TW3 sword play is not or only in its most basic mechanics realistic and he thinks that it is good and responsive which it actually is not.
  8. G

Knew they'd nerf.

I agree, there are more things than signs that are just broken, However only because it is a singleplayer game that does not mean that it does not deserve balance. A player will always use all the means that the game gives to him, the "if you want want to be OP dont use this and that"-argument...
  9. G

Knew they'd nerf.

Did they buff the aard damage ability to scale with level and intensity yet? I am Ok with a weaker firestream, but other ways to deal damage as mage should be improved if they take this away (basic igni was totally useless). Playing with one ability only was crap anyway.
  10. G

Witcher 3 MODS - Gift or Curse ?

First off mods and official patches are completely different things. You are always free to use a mod and if you dont like it you can just uninstall it. It's free. it's optional. What can be wrong with that? There are games that have a lot more success because of their modding scene, TES or the...
  11. G

Combat System is the worst of any game I've played

It's not as good as some people say it is, on the other side it's also not that bad. Personally I find Geralts fighting style itself weak (who would ever expsoe himself so often? in a real fight he would not stand a chance to a simple soldier) however at least it tries to be skill based and...
  12. G

TW3 is my favourite rpg of all time. anyone else feel like tw3 ruined every other rpg, and feel discouraged from other games

Well the side quests are very good and better than most of what you can see in the genre. But progression-wise TW3 is rather lower to mid-class. The character progression in terms of skills and fighting is laugable and does not add at all to the replay value. Probably they did it by purpose to...
  13. G

Loot - too much, too little?

I feel the same as OP, kinda feels like diablo. Another thing I noticed is also that you never getrelic weapons on your level but about 3-5 levels below if you play a quest matchign your level. However relic items become obsolete anyway because witcher gear is way better and easy to create.
  14. G

TW3 vs DA:I [SPOILERS]

I just hope it's that way with DA:I because all resources went to the next mass effect game. It's the only game I can think of that still owns TW3 in story and writing aspects.
  15. G

Levelling

Skyrim is the peak of bad game design. Only because it sells it doesn't mean it's good. To clarify: Skyrims skill system is full of exploits, grind and boredom as there is no depth at all, because you will be a godlike creature anyway in the end. Skill increase with use would only make the...
  16. G

More Alien Worlds? (possible spoiler!)

Please don't hit me! :huh:
  17. G

More Alien Worlds? (possible spoiler!)

More Alien Worlds? (possible spoiler!) Did anyone of you guys also enjoy the alien worlds you travel to with Avallac'h so much? I think it would be really nice if future DLCs or additional quests involve more different alien worlds, all with their own themes. Would also be awesome if we...
  18. G

Signs only Mage build even with swords equipped and on Death March is totally OP

Well Wild hunt soldiers and the bosses are a pain in the butt with signs, but that's the only point where it gets hard/impossible (imherlith and leader immune to burn). Would be nice if there were more ways to damage enemies with signs (aard last skill scaling with intensity and level) while...
  19. G

Imlerith boss fight is ridiculously hard

I don't count that as valuable loot, boss items should be unique (maybe even a choice one out of several items). The game throws relic items at you at a frightening rate and witcher gear is very easy to acquire anyways. The best boss drop so far is the magic acorn, well and pretty much the only one.
  20. G

Imlerith boss fight is ridiculously hard

Yup, my bad, actually forgot the most useful drop. However I still want his armor and club.
Top Bottom