Search results

+
  1. B

Constantly needing to repair vcredist_x64

I used to have the very same problem with Guild Wars, namely that character animations would get corrupted on a daily basis, and I had to repair to start the game. I also had a similar issue with WoW installation, whereby the installer would crash at the exact same spot every single time. Turns...
  2. B

Best game ever?

I see where you're coming from, that's why I said that I'm not a very big fan of listing favorites just like that. For me personally, DA:O is a huge favorite, but it was never as beautiful as TW3 was, and I missed the open world greatly. TW2 plot indeed is awesome, but IMO it is the weakest link...
  3. B

I just completed Witcher 3 + HoS and BaW - with my feet!

Now, that is something! I also wish you a speedy recovery! :)
  4. B

Best game ever?

Best game ever? I want to first point out that I'm not a fanboy ("yea, sure", you may be thinking) and I am aware that the game has numerous issues still unadressed, like the absolutely awful character Pop-in, which I have been trying to get fixed since day 1. Still, I have started a new...
  5. B

1.06 do we still need to downclock our gpu?

You never had to downclock the GPU if it was stable in the first place. 1.04 introduced a negative LOD bias, whereby the game loads a higher-quality-then-before texture set up close,which increased GPU load to some extent. The fact that yours crashes when OCd indicates that it never was stable...
  6. B

Who ISN'T having NPC Pop-In issues?

Also posting here: Those who frequent the forums may know that I have been trying to get this fixed since day one (and my other profile Lobasso) An update for those who don't know yet: I have managed to get the issue to be noticed by the devs, and support acknowledged that they are looking into...
  7. B

NPC popping/LOD: Last, desperate request

I just popped in (pun intended) to chime in with a suspicion that has been nagging me since I first started the thread (with my other user). I hereby as everyone who contributed to the thread to post their RAM clocks, and whether they do or do not experience NPC pop-in. Also, please ascertain...
  8. B

GPU overheating

Theoretically, 80 degrees is still safe operating temperature for a GPU, but it is also probably the maximum limit the majority of players will tolerate. I, for one, would not be happy with a temp above 80 degrees, even if I know that by the time it damages the GPU, I will no longer be playing...
  9. B

bad Building/Texture LOD anybody knows how to fix this?

Nothing to fix, it is called "optimization". Say hi to consoles.
  10. B

ETA for 1.05 patch?

I know there is absolutely no point in repeating what has already been said, but noone would expect them to work, had they taken steps to make the game go through proper QA, during which game breaking bugs would no doubt have been discovered. Somewhat forceful analogy, but if I worked at a...
  11. B

Working hard through the weekend

I would, if I had delivered a product half the customers are unable to use
  12. B

ETA for 1.05 patch?

As I said yesterday, there is no law that forbids anyone to work on a holiday, if everyone involved voluntarily chooses so, and receives the necessary overtime premium as compensation. Nonetheless, they are obviously not working, so it was a lie. Meh
  13. B

Unjustified GPU usage?

My Overclocked 980 works at 80-90% usage to keep 60 fps on ultra. Compare that to the 290, and you will understand that this is perfectly normal
  14. B

CDPR: Please understand the value of (constant) communication

For one, I could not care less about the stupid quest bugs that affect one people in a thousand. I am concerned about pop-ins, and the ruined LOD. And in this respect, communication HAS been lackluster. They are unwilling to acknowledge the issue, much less fix it. The game is awesome though...
  15. B

1.04 : What on earth happened to the draw distance?

See my post here: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/43367-NPC-popping-LOD-Last-desperate-request?p=1727168#post1727168 Unfortunately, they do not acknowledge the issue. It is a feature. We have been shafted for people with potatoes. Get used to it, we'll have to.
  16. B

Female deaths CENSORED or BUG? Why can I not cut the few female human enemies in half / do a finisher?? (+ nearly no blood)

It is you who does not get it. Would you say that the game objectifies men, because it lets players cut men in half? Feminists keep babbling about equality. Here's equality for you. Or rather, here's positive discrimination for you, which is NOT equality. Also: The joke I was referring to was...
  17. B

Some of the changes coming in the next patch (1.04/1.05)

Any chance of the ridiculous NPC popping getting fixed as well? The only issue I have with the game
  18. B

Female deaths CENSORED or BUG? Why can I not cut the few female human enemies in half / do a finisher?? (+ nearly no blood)

It is quite fucking ridiculous how most developers nowadays cripple their games because the perceived need for political correctness dictates so. Remember the outrage over a silly, and completely harmless joke in Pillars of Eternity, which was perceived to be "transphobic" (a made-up word) by...
  19. B

ETA for 1.05 patch?

Is there still no ETA? IIRC the deadline for the xp-fix was monday, but they decided not to release it, but wait for the patch, right? When will that come, wednesday? FFS
  20. B

Quest Marker Will show at the nearest Fast Travel Marker

Because those quests must be completed in Skellige, and it tells you to travel there
Top Bottom