Search results

+
  1. R

Good game, shitty RPG

"Role-playing" always refers to the core gameplay loop, not to high-level things like story choices. If combat is the core gameplay (which it is in most, and I'm tempted to say all, RPGs), then being "an RPG" just means that you can "play", i.e. heavily customize, your combat role. This point is...
  2. R

Admit it. Who cried at [SPOILER...] ?

Come on guys, we knew Ciri wasn't really dead, or wouldn't stay dead. It's not Game of Thrones. In my case, any emotional buildup was also killed by it crashing right when Geralt and Ciri started hugging. Also didn't have any Sile cutscene, just a character bio update after freeing Margarita.
  3. R

Looking for a monster

Unless you dreamt it, you can search your browser history I guess?
  4. R

Your Favorite Gwent Card Set, Cards & Strategy

But you are pre-supposing that you get a reaver and catapult, and a medic (apparently) in the initial hand, which is not a given and combined together makes it a pretty unlikely situation. In those 5 cards, if you have 3 reavers to pull from, and we limit it to the cases where the only...
  5. R

The "removing cards you can't get" logic is flawed, since the original probability assessment is based on 17 independent card draws, and if you precondition with the fact that you already got some in the first round, it's no longer the same situation. As for 125% probability, well that's some...
  6. R

Yes and this higher chance is just 47% I pick a card from my discarded pile, and it goes to my hand. If it's a spy, means I get a legitimate spy, and when I play it (which is not immediately, mind it, so I get extra 'wait' turn as well), it acts as a spy, meaning it goes to your field and gives...
  7. R

1) the chances of that are super-low, so it goes without saying 2) I assume you mean catapults. That's also just 20% 3) Ok, so if there are 4 spies, I may or may not have Avallach 4) Also the most probable situation Well, you explicitly said what your 10 starting cards were. Not sure why you...
  8. R

68% for a fog only. I can reply something like fine I can add another fog to my deck as it won't change much, but instead let's turn the tables a little. If you insist on getting combined probabilities, note that now as you've pulled 15 cards, you get an honest, even if hardly 'guaranteed', 50%...
  9. R

Just 2 fogs actually; enough to give a solid 68% chance of getting one I wouldn't call 43% "most likely". It's actually 'less likely'. That's for a scorch. For an extra decoy or frost it's just 31%. In fact, with your somewhat bloated deck even >1 reavers is now down to 45%, and the dragon to...
  10. R

[ I expect myself to have all 3 musters represented by a single card at hand actually, since with the ability to exchange 2 cards it's fairly realistic. Well I never actually said I took clear weather to this particular match. I'd take it against an AI, but I know that a human spy player can...
  11. R

Speaking of reavers, I think you'll most likely have 2 of them. Full 3 is too unrealistic to expect for either reavers or commandos, so you probably won't even take the latter, since as 2 they are not so hot, and as 1 it's just a wasted card. As for the catapults, your chance of getting both is...
  12. R

Meaning no scorch? I assume you expect to get the dragon then? Well, the probability of that is about 57%, so it's not unreasonable. Alright, I play a horn card on melee.
  13. R

How about decoys then? Do you have them? And which Foltest do you use? Since as you said you intend to still win the round even after dropping the spies, I might as well drop a 10 hero.
  14. R

Ok, you seem to agree that NG with its heavy spies is not great against monsters:) Still though, what decks and what draw luck are we assuming? Monsters are good against a spy/decoy deck, which everybody says is 'the ultimate deck', but less so against a deck that was designed specifically to...
  15. R

What I mean is that it contributes to your point total again. It is as if you drew an extra card and played it. And if it's a 7 or 9 spy, it'll also protect your spams from scorch and the dragon. 1) Not if I have clear weather (which I likely will if I choose monsters) 2) More cards doesn't...
  16. R

Well, you've also wasted your only frost (it's unlikely that you'll have 2), and it's very hard to beat monsters without it. Also, if you played your 9pt spy, it might very well be the one that stays on the board.
  17. R

AI monsters is easy to beat, yes. But monsters don't have to waste musters early. If you decide to spy-spam the first round, monsters can just pass. If you yield the round, monsters can play a 15 hero in the second and pass; you'll have to spend at least 2 cards to beat it, and it'll stay for...
  18. R

The Best Ending

While we are at it, I assume I got what's commonly referred to as "Ciri dies" ending, but the cutscene doesn't spell it out explicitly. She sees the white frost (presumably), and then it ends, and the final recap says that "Ciri's fate is unknown" or something. So do we actually know that she...
  19. R

There's one more vampire actually. And generally I agree about monsters. Muster can easily give you more net points than spies, scorch and the dragon can be protected against (especially if NG drops their stronger spies), and just keep several clear weathers against the frost. If the opponent...
Top Bottom