Search results

+
  1. I

Wait....Viper witchers are unchanged???

Ow, they are? Now thats some usefull info here. Was going to install Gwent to look at the new patch, can skip that now. Thanks, OP.
  2. I

What’s Your Opinion of Thronebreaker? [Spoilers]

Well, its good, like, real good. If it was a full priced game, id probably buy it. Havent finished it yet, i guess ive got like 2-3 more hours of gameplay there. Loved the story, as expected. Puzzles are great, exploration is engaging. And it doesnt really controvert the story progression...
  3. I

What the hell is this new ploughing version of Gwent?

Well, thats not a nice way to say something. Since ive felt quite similar, so ill take a shot at constructively laying it out. Defining trait of HS is its heavy RNG. New gwent comes with a massive dose of that. Current iteration of NG is about as random as they ever were in gwent. Random...
  4. I

Cards you find STUPID in Homecoming: The Witcher Card Game

Usurper - Leaders design is hillariously bad. Viper Witchers, Spotters, Kambi for their ridiculous game-winning rng. VW and Kambi are in a same bucket with Usurper- shouldnt be a thing alltogether. VW doesnt actually send anything into graveyard, it banishes cards. No, i dont know who thought...
  5. I

Not only good changes in Gwent:Homecoming.

Loved the tutorial, progression screen, provisions system. Overall presentation. UI still begs for help thou, deckbuilder and match history in particular. Played for an evening, havent encountered any bugs. WH riders no longer rip your ears off, wich is nice. Several other notable bugs appear to...
  6. I

Which card gave you most victories.

Thats right. Give us the old Borkh, favourite card since CBT. No other card in game changes so much, provokes so much thought when it enters the board. At one proc, hes decent, but 5-power body doesnt exactly warrant the risk of running him over conventional scorch. Its just a special game state...
  7. I

HC Usurper change suggestion

Arachas queen is not restricted from drafting removal cards, or locks. It doesnt want to, because it want to max out its point spam. I dont see much wrong with punishing that. And on being weak against control decks - well, you can pump it up with boosts, if you wish to make it more reliable in...
  8. I

Well, a version of Usurper you suggest is that much better than one we had, no doubts about it, and if we saw it in game - i would be ok with it. Hell, id be overjoyed just because it replaced what we had. One thing i dont agree with is that it creates ongoing effect for one turn. We just dont...
  9. I

Fist sentence is precisely the point, you arent supposed to be able to counter everything, you have to pick and choose what threatens your game plan the most during deckbuilding. Pick how many tools you can afford to counter something, weight it against thinning and avoid crippling your own game...
  10. I

I just love threads about nerfing the broken stuff, reminds me of old ST times) Just out of curiosity: Every faction and every deck has to adapt to different enemy leaders. Wanna deal with Eithne? get your boosts. Stack a scorch for Eredin. Get your AOE for arachas, get graveyard interactions...
  11. I

Why I think HC is way way better than current Gwent

If it better than current gwent? Probably. I left gwent after HC announcement. Game was locked in a vicious cycle of powercreep, and i didnt really bother to follow it. My point is - Gwent wasnt looking good. Taken by itself, reduced consistency might not be all that bad. Sure, i loved how...
  12. I

So, you have no arguments against points i provided? Good. Never said other leaders NG get are OK. Actually, ive been consistently saying that before you nerf or remove something, you have to provide an alternative. Nobody demands other Leaders removed because none is so hillariously badly...
  13. I

Dont change it, remove the ability alltogether. There are layers to the game, you Ideas of how do you build your deck. Is it around a particular combo? do you want to bruteforce your opponent down? Are you gonna focus on shutting down their game plan? Maybe a sudden tempo push? Usurper single...
  14. I

Most OP card in ptr?

We actually might have a winner here. Never encountered that combo, but it indeed sound, well, OP) Well, with Sihil, hes got to draw it too. So odds are 1 to 2-3, disregarding mulligans. That is, if you carry artifact removal. Opponent can even it up a little with Avalach-Draw my Sihil, but...
  15. I

Most OP card in ptr?

Again, a good example, and fairly old one at that. Grave Hag was a subject to complains loong ago. It does, again, require quite alot. You need a specific leader, fairly good one, but you only get 1 mulligan wich makes opening round that much harder. Then, you need to play a potion and avoid it...
  16. I

Most OP card in ptr?

Sihil, really? "Destroy enemy artifact" tag costs around 1 supply. Lets see, Sihil costs 10 provisions, and starts at Ping for 1, in perfect conditions it can get to 6 power value in 3 turns. So yes, if it keeps killing cards from then on - it is too much value. But lets see, what it takes: A...
  17. I

Open PTR feedback

Some bugs here: Rot tosser can destroy Artifacts, even thou it specificly states "Unit" Sometimes Naglfar doesnt place the second gold atop of your deck, for no apparent reason.
  18. I

Why are there STILL Create and RNG cards in Homecoming?

A good question indeed. I dont even mind Runestones so much. With 6 supply cost for create a bronze, its a high risk card for a chance to get a card you need, and considering provision cost for bronzes, those most likely wouldnt be worth 6 supply in themselves. Conditional ping for 1 is also...
  19. I

I am completely mortified at the release date for homecoming on consoles.

PC MR! *adjusts hair flowing behind* On a serious note, its allways more complicated with consoles, nothing new there. I wouldnt be too upset about it if i were you. While i do like homecoming overall, its probably gonna have some very hard first steps. Were very close to release, and amount of...
  20. I

GWENT: Ask a Dev

Hey there. With HC at out doorstep, got a few questions. 1st - currently on PTR, immunity given by Eredin persists after Renew. Is it supposed to do so, or is it a bug? 2nd - Factions appear to have certain unique mechanics. ST gets ambushes, SK gets discard and bloodthirs, NG gets reveal and...
Top Bottom