Search results

+
  1. G

Mod Idea - porting volumetric clouds to smoke and fog?

What comes to my mind when thinking about faking volumetric particle effects is this: Basically applying random rotation, changing size over lifetime of 2d sprite particles and a rather huge amount of particles can create some great looking fake-volumetric effect. Some of these parameters...
  2. G

[MOD Compilation] Alternative Chimney Smoke

First, I finally published my mod on the Nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2751/? I originally wanted to improve upon it, but really haven't had any time for modding this last couple of months. About your comment on smoke further away looking different: actually I removed the lower...
  3. G

Sorry mate, but my mod modifies textures just as COMPILATION does, and if the same texture is modified I don't know if there's much to be done. I haven't tried using COMPILATION myself as of now. But if I do and find something out, I'll let you know. Hey Djeetje , I just wanted to report back...
  4. G

Thank you! Just found this on your twitter today: So amazing! I don't even know what to say! Wonder how it would look with the chimney smoke, probably exactly like this:
  5. G

Ah ok now I understand. I could try to tweak it some more and some point. However, I have no access to my main computer at the moment and only sporadic internet access, so I can't make any promises. I strongly encourage you to go on and tweak things yourself, I really can be lots of fun an isn't...
  6. G

Thank you :) I actually had the impression my mod was not quite polished enough to publish it on Nexus, but I consider doing that soon!
  7. G

GregorWladacz So, just to be clear, you would like to see version 4 with some very dark smoke as in the screenshot with the wild hunt? In other words, mostly black chimney smoke?
  8. G

I actually tried to do something like that and well... it somehow went wrong ^^: http://imgur.com/a/QJ7Rm http://imgur.com/a/gipRS Maybe, I'll try something else in the future, however, at the moment I'm very busy, so don't expect anything anytime soon.
  9. G

The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project by Halk Hogan PL

I'm very grateful for all the awesome work you invested into this mod, HalkHoganPL ! You truely created something outstanding that many of us love. I wish you all the best for wherever in your life you're heading right know and I hope we'll meet each other again. Oh, and +1 on hoping this was...
  10. G

Well, that was one of the targets I would have liked to achieve to some level, when I started. However, what you should know, is that back then, there were actual volumetric smoke/cloud effects in the game. Anyways, at some point I realized that I couldn't get anywhere near such fidelity. I will...
  11. G

Glad to hear you like it :)
  12. G

Okay, I get that. Would a moderator be so nice and remove the word "Compilation" from the thread title? :)
  13. G

Yes, I'm fully aware of this problem. Thing is, some fireplaces use the same smoke effect chimneys do, like in your screenshot. I tried to change the associated particle file, but it didn't work. If someone has an idea how to change this successfully I could try again. I mainly published these...
  14. G

Yep, Volumetric clouds has been my one and only mod thus far ;). I have nothing to do with the mod "COMPILATION" though. I just named it that way, because it literally is a compilation of different versions. Maybe I should change the thread title, I wouldn't want to offend anyone;)
  15. G

Editing grass-textures? (dds)

Awesome, wouldn't have thought translucency can be brought back without using Speedtree directly! Nice idea to use swamp grass for this, as well. Thank you very much and good luck moving forward!
  16. G

[Mod Request] Swamp lighting on Fyke Isle STLM 3.0

I'm not really sure, but isn't this something Mishikedman has already done or was considering doing? Check the STLM thread for his updates. Anyways, I guess he's you're go to guy or Mezziaz , who also patched some parts of STLM3.
  17. G

[MOD Compilation] Alternative Chimney Smoke Hey everyone, this is a mod I’ve been working on for quite a while, then put it to rest for some time only to come back at it now. Basically, what I tried is to replace chimney smoke in the game with something a little more “punchy” to get a more...
  18. G

Question stupid mirror

If I'm not mistaken, The Division settled for a nice middle-ground. Mostly cubemaps are used there, but If your getting close to facedes you can see that at least certain particles are reflected in real-time, such as smoke, sparkles etc. Gave the reflections some dynamics while keeping cost low...
  19. G

[MOD - advice needed] Replacing W3 head with W2 head

WOW, amazing work, both of you! Especially the eyes look really good in that shot, also overall sharpness of the face is nice. Looking forward to hear and see more!
  20. G

Trying To Re-Texture Armor, Some Questions

Hey Matthios, very nice approach. Especially using Quixel/nDo sounds awesome (I would want to try these tools at some point myself, but Photoshop's subscription model has been keeping me off). Be sure to post some screenshots if you can :)
Top Bottom