Search results

+
  1. B

Inventory Thread

I'd like to see better integration between inventory and merchants. We need a "Buy & Equip" button. If my items have runes or glyphs in them, I need to back all the way out of the shop menus, go to inventory, switch gear, and go back to the merchant to have them removed. Also, while "Repair...
  2. B

What you expect from 1.10?

Even though I've never run out of Dwarven Spirit or Alcohest, I only make White Gull when I need it. I always seem to be missing one of the ingredients to make it in batches anyway. Damned Gull.
  3. B

Playing GWENT - Is It Important ?

When you play someone for a rare card, you can just keep playing them over and over again until you get a good draw or go away for a while and collect more cards. Wouldn't it be something if Geralt could bet HIS cards as well? Yikes.
  4. B

W3 features you hope other games borrow?

As much as I want Fallout 4 to be a 400-hour orgiastic experience (yes, I am a shameless fanboy) - it'll be a damned shame if Witcher 3 doesn't win all the GOTY awards. CDPR raised the bar for open-world RPGs in terms of graphical beauty, the seamless buildings, the writing, the voice acting...
  5. B

Playing GWENT - Is It Important ?

Everyone else is correct - there's only one quest that involves playing gwent. It's a secondary quest, so you won't miss much beyond 20-30 minutes of play time by skipping it. I'm on the side of the gwent lovers. I enjoy playing it and collecting the cards. I'm into NG+ now, but in my original...
  6. B

W3 features you hope other games borrow?

W3 features you hope other games borrow? By "borrow", I mean "take inspiration from" or "use appropriately in context" - not wholesale ripoffs. The one that immediately comes to mind is locating the bodies & loot of killed enemies. Between the red X's on the minimap and your Witcher Powers, I...
  7. B

Was CDPR inspired by Red Dead Redemption for this game?

I've also read that part of the development process Bethesda uses is to go back (near the end of development) to hand-place what they call "clutter". You know - all that truly useless junk that sits on every table and shelf in the world? Anything important is placed during the development of the...
  8. B

LMAO on 1.08.3 patch release note

More likely they weren't intending that leftover note to be in the public release. Half the code comments I've written were snarky and weren't meant for general viewing. :D
  9. B

Why is there weather?

You do? How in a zillion hours have I never seen this? Which ones?
  10. B

Why is there weather?

Why is there weather? Well, it happens when masses of warm air and cold air collide. This can produce rain, wind, clouds, even snow! Oh wait, this is a Witcher 3 forum. Do you think there's a point to the weather, besides some nice graphical effects? I know it's also part of the atmosphere...
  11. B

Strange visual bug in Novograd after patch 1.08 Anyone else has that ?

I've seen it here and there as well; I don't think it only happens in Novigrad. It first appeared a few patches back, at least for me. To be fair, it's never happened during an action sequence, like a fight or a chase. I'm guessing it's some kind of hitch in streaming the data off the drive.
  12. B

Add Letterbox?

You'll have to turn off all the HUD elements, otherwise they'll get badly cropped when you add bars. But it sounds like you're making something artistic as opposed to a YouTube "Let's Play" video, so... good luck; let us know how it turns out.
  13. B

Dumb question: What are the DLC "new finisher animations"?

Ok. Thanks. Less dumb now.
  14. B

Dumb question: What are the DLC "new finisher animations"?

Dumb question: What are the DLC "new finisher animations"? I'm still hacking away at everything and everyone like I have been for the last two months, and I'm not sure what's different. Are "finisher animations" the slowed-down gruesomeness when Geralt takes out the last enemy in the...
  15. B

Who is waiting for patch 1.08 to (actually) fix the PS4 performance before playing again?

Guys - seriously. What model of PS4 are you playing on? Is it somehow different than mine? I can see how and where the performance can be improved, but you're talking like it chugs at 3fps and at VGA resolution. I'm on my second playthrough and I began on release day. It's been patched...
  16. B

Disk issue

Does the disc appear to be in good condition? Even when packaged, they can come loose from the "snap" thing and bounce around and get scratched. I suppose it's theoretically possible you got a defective (badly burned) disc. If so, please don't take that out on CDPR. They do a lot with a small...
  17. B

Your own made-up game rituals?

I have to add another one of my own that I'd forgotten. "Roach" is short for "Rochefort", a/k/a Roquefort, the famously pungent blue cheese.I call him Rochefort all the time. I'm a Witcher, but I secretly want to be a tyromancer.
  18. B

Err, it was supposed to be a clickable thumbnail to the full-size. Trying again... I literally LOL'd at this. Maybe because I immediately thought of Blazing Saddles. Never! That's like showing your hole cards when playing Texas Hold 'Em. If you win, you win. No need to rub it in...
  19. B

Share Your Screenshots!!!

Does anyone else have a problem with PS4 screenshots (and videos) turning out significantly darker than the original? I've looked at 'em on all my devices (phone, iPad, laptop) and it's always the same. I've had other people look at them on their own gadgets too. Same complaint. Is this some PS4...
  20. B

Your own made-up game rituals? Hello, fellow Witchers. We've all been trained by Vesemir at Kaer Morhen and should do everything the same. But I'm sure some of you are like me and developed your own personal "Witcher's Handbook," which describes how certain things MUST be done. Particularly if...
Top Bottom