Search results

+
  1. C

Gained 29 levels overnight without playing

Hey guys, I was too lazy to reinstall or go through all that hassle with the console so I fixed it my own way. (If someone already mentioned it, I apologize, but I didn't see it while looking for a solution). I used Cheatengine to fix it. Now unfortunately, because the 'floating' xp will...
  2. C

Patch 1.07 - modding related changes

Zeypheruk you're a freaking Genius! I thought being in a subfolder of my own making would be sufficient, but apparently not. Thank you so much!
  3. C

Patch 1.07 Problem: No Stash Chest

If you're on steam, have you tried varifying the cache? I did that and it fixed a few files and then the boxes showed up. It's probably complications due to left-overs from mod installs.
  4. C

Patch 1.07 - modding related changes

So I've been trying to update my mod to 1.07 but after injecting the xmls into patch.bundle they don't seem to be in game. At least geralt_skills.xml and effects.xml are definitely not working (although def_item_ingredients seems to be working). Anyone have any ideas why this might be? I"ve...
  5. C

Levelling

A non-mod suggestion I have is to try not using witcher gear. I know it looks badass and is fun to make but it completely ruins the loot system. If you're not using witcher stuff, the things you pickup are way more likely to actually be usable and of interest. Just something to consider. As...
  6. C

Enemies levels

Same name everywhere, Cronstintein. I'm putting up a 1.06 version now, it has other changes included but I'll probably put up a super-light version as well.
  7. C

Enemies levels

I find OP's position ridiculous. That said, there is a significant bonus given to enemies 8+ levels above the PC. 7x vit and 4x damage if I remember correctly. For players who want to play without enemy healthbars, this is a serious problem and I would recommend modding it out. I've been...
  8. C

Whats going on here ?

It's the same for any developer forums. They get briefly swamped post-release, c'est la vie. At least this game is amazing so a lot of the newcomers are happy customers ;)
  9. C

Building a gaming PC

That's a nice computer but I wouldn't pay 2k for it, no offense. 970's and that chip run between 300-400 right now and the rest of that stuff isn't worth more than maybe 600? So probably overpaying by a fair amount but it's easy to do when you're not building it yourself. Better than mine but...
  10. C

Stash system

Yeah it's costly to keep making and dismantling higher tier witcher armor, having a chest for it would be a good change. Are you people picking up every normal sword and blackjack these jokers are dropping? No wonder you have too much gold and not enough room :D Have the willpower to leave...
  11. C

Fist Fighting (A Witcher's Achilles Heel)

I agree with OP. I think it has to due with DM scaling up enemy healths & damage and this being applied to the fist fighting. It certainly seems weird that Geralt will go down in 2-3 punches and these random peasants take 12+ hits...
  12. C

Optional control scheme for new patch?

I'm not sure how it works with m&kb but I have no trouble directing Geralt in combat using sticks (without using lock-on, usually). The one thing missing from the control scheme is a way to cast signs directly, rather than choosing them from a menu. For example, the face buttons + trigger...
  13. C

ideas about future patches 1.7 is almost ingnorable ( exept the quest fixes)

I couldn't disagree more. Improving character movement and UI shortcomings are way more important than more virtual nudity. What you're talking about with a whole new set of ocean quests would involve a ton of art, voice acting, new ai, new creatures/beastiary/oils? -> coding, QA, etc...
  14. C

Optional control scheme for new patch?

I'll bite: a control scheme is equivalent to button designations. So X = jump, etc... Movement response changes would be the amount of delay between pushing up, and Geralt starting to actually move. BTW there's an .ini change you can do to change the current setting 0.7 to 1.0 that makes him...
  15. C

Patch 1.07 coming soon to all platforms!

A toolkit is coming but it's not ready yet. I would expect it to be after the expansions if I were to hazard a guess. For Witcher 2 it was 2 years after release. They said they were going to try and get it out faster this time so maybe 1 year?
  16. C

Stash system

This thread delivers. I actually don't see the point in having multiple chests. Since there is zero cost to fast travel, I will use the one that's closest to its fast travel point and ignore the others.
  17. C

Yeah I'm looking into making such mods myself (basic methodology described here: http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/14/? ). The only difficulty mods I"ve seen available so far are a little too wide-reaching for my tastes. The Tbolt thing is a bug so with any luck that'll be fixed this...
  18. C

I really like the planned changes but these things I quoted are definitely concerning me. The one thing I'll add is some difficulty increases to deathmarch are SORELY needed for levels over 15. Increased sign resistance, damage, enemy speed, etc..
  19. C

Advice for Witcher N00Bs? Armour, Character Builds

I find the smaller dodge crucial in defeating the faster enemies whereas the dodge roll is good for slower, stronger enemies with longer reach.
  20. C

Why are the inventory tabs so choppy?

Really? I haven't noticed any delay.
Top Bottom