Search results

+
  1. H

Noticeably worse stutter after upgrading to Windows 10

If anyone has any idea, please help. I've did multiple test runs in Novigrad, and there's definitely much more stutters in 1.07 on Win 10 compared to 1.07 on Win 8. would appreciate any and all help from those who may have ideas how to regain the performance on 8.1.
  2. H

Noticeably worse stutter after upgrading to Windows 10

Noticeably worse stutter after upgrading to Windows 10 Ok, during the game version 1.06 when I started playing, the game stuttered every now and again, and especially frequently in Novigrad. I put this down to my hardware cause I only have a 1GB GPU. Anyways, during patch 1.07, there was a...
  3. H

Advice on Playing Previous Witcher Games after The Witcher III.

I understand you guys saying I should play both 1 and 2. But time is not on my side. I can only play one more Witcher game, cause I also have ME 2 and 3 remaining, and some other stuff before the heavyweight games start releasing with MGS V and FO4 and XCOM 2. So I have two months to settle...
  4. H

Don't worry, I never concern myself with guides and wikis and playthroughs. I played through TW3 organically w/o any kind of spoilers and it was good to come away having made my own decisions without and outside influences.
  5. H

Poor optimization due to WORST SCALING EVER - will it ever be fixed? I guess not.

Eh, I'm no apologist. I clearly said TW3 is the worst performing game I've ever played. Also, my base specs are better than yours anyway. I5 3330 and 8GB of RAM, and I have a similarly clean PC. I may have played the three games I mentioned at 1080p rather than 720p, so lemme confirm on that...
  6. H

Poor optimization due to WORST SCALING EVER - will it ever be fixed? I guess not.

What a liar. You can fool others but not me. Why? Cause I had a GT 620 myself until I upgraded to a GTX 750 last year. I don't believe it AT ALL that you can run Mordor, AC Unity and Watch Dogs at 30+ fps at 720p. You know why? Cause I used to play Dishinored, Deus Ex HR and XCOM on it at...
  7. H

CDPR must do something about the swamps in No Man's Land - the framerate there is around 20% lower than in anywhere else in the game!

CDPR must do something about the swamps in No Man's Land - the framerate there is around 20% lower than in anywhere else in the game! I have done extensive performance testing in TW3. Skellige is a really smooth location, as is White orchard and the non-"No Man's Land" Valen. Novigrad city...
  8. H

Patch 1.07 (Performance) verdict: Texture loading/streaming is VASTLY improved in Novigrad, barely any stutters present!

Pretty sure fog is a major hit. In the latter story parts in Skellige with lots of fogs, performance slows down noticeably as well.
  9. H

Advice on Playing Previous Witcher Games after The Witcher III. Ok, so I completed TW3 about 10 days back. After overcoming a few days of depression, I've been playing Mass Effect 1 for the past few days. Gonna be finishing that soon, so I wanna play something else before jumping into ME2...
  10. H

1.07 - The Good, The Bad and the Bugly

+ Almost zero stutter in Novigrad now on my 1GB GPU + New movement controls are just so smooth and responsive + Better inventory system - Crookbag Bog is still making my FPS crawl down into the mid (and low!) 20's!
  11. H

Severe decrease in performance and stability after 1.07

Oddly, I am seeing improved performance especially in Novigrad. No more stutters for me (at the same settings).
  12. H

Is stutter in Novigrad a VRAM or HDD issue?

Yes I am basically on all low, except Textures and Foliage at Medium. Mind you, my settings are 100% the same post patch, and pre-patch.
  13. H

Patch 1.07 (Performance) verdict: Texture loading/streaming is VASTLY improved in Novigrad, barely any stutters present!

Patch 1.07 (Performance) verdict: Texture loading/streaming is VASTLY improved in Novigrad, barely any stutters present! Introduces a number of improvements in the game streaming system. Players should experience fewer blurred textures, NPC spawn times should be markedly reduced, and there...
  14. H

Playstation 4 Framerate topic

Ok guys, I was/am playing on PC with similar to PS4 levels performance and hardware. I too used to get drops into the 20's in the swamp at Croockbag, and the stutters/drops in Novigrad. Now, there is good and bad news. Good: Stuttering and frame drops almost completely removed in Novigrad...
  15. H

Is stutter in Novigrad a VRAM or HDD issue?

HOLY CRAP A DOODLE DOOOOO!!! I just installed 1.07, and would you believe it? I am playing it stutter-free in Novigrad! I mean, seriously. Entering the Fish Market, The Bits, Heirarch Square...it's all SMOOTH as silk. No stutter and hitching whatsoever! My GPU memory is still maxed out at...
  16. H

What are your thoughts on a "Telltale-like" game set in the Witcher universe?

Guys, to clarify, I said "Telltale-like". Not made by Telltale, but by CDPR themselves (or a subdivision thereof). Just basically a cinematic-esque gameplay focusing on story, relationships, and choices - minus the free-roaming and majority of combat. I know hardcore fans won't like the idea of...
  17. H

Playstation 4 Framerate topic

I think a super simple fix would be to allow PS4 users to lower their framerate just a tad to 992p or 900p or something. I bet most would take that and a completely smooth 30fps experience any day. PS: All things constant, going from 1080p to 900p increases your framerate across the board by...
  18. H

Marcin momot explanation needed

It seems all they did is that instead of Adaptive Half Vsync, they are now using proper Half Vsync, meaning whenever the framerate drops below 30, it goes down straight away to 20fps. As to why it is done, I don't know. Remember, the X1 version was first Uncapped > Adaptive Half Vsync > Full...
  19. H

How to update on GOG Galaxy?

How convenient. Answer the question perhaps?
Top Bottom