Search results

+
  1. A

How many Lambert's "siblings" did you meet?

Cannot say I really noticed as most the filthy peasants I trampled underfoot looked awful (in a satisfying 11th century Europe sort of way). Lambert is ugly as sin true but you must remember that the Witcher universe isn't our own so just because we all think Geralt is a handsome devil (and...
  2. A

[SPOILERS] Hearts of Stone. Can't kill

After multiple attempts I found that you can attack the Olgierds that are not moving. They then spring to life and attack you as well which can quickly overwhelm you, HOWEVER you can kill each of the non moving Olgierds very quickly as they have a short animation for coming to life and then...
  3. A

HoS length

I agree 50 seems a bit of a stretch to me, there is definitely more than 10 hours worth of content if you look at everything and take your time but 50 is a bit silly, you can only be on 50 hours if you are actually also doing side stuff from the main game or spending hours reading all the books...
  4. A

What does the Gwent difficulty actually do?

Here's hoping they just add some smarter A.I opponents, far too many just blow their load round one so you instant win rounds two and three.
  5. A

One inconsistency that always bugged me about Rita [spoiler]

It is because they think the players are too dumb to realize who she is if she was cleaned up and wearing a different dress xD
  6. A

Eredin is really nothing in terms of difficulty, why are bosses so easy?

Surely the only reason all the bosses are so easy is because normally when you get to them you are over levelled and over geared? I am assuming the majority did all the side quests, monster hunts etc so by the time you hit say Eredin you should be ten levels higher. I found all the main story...
  7. A

[SPOILER] The "bittersweet" ending might be totally misunderstood! (Witcher 4 speculation)

Where what you say is true, with regards to Geralt at least he has always been a Witcher and all his strength is in his mutations and experience so it makes sense (logic wise) that he would still struggle to kill Drowners say, as much now as ever. Okay yes that makes less sense when you are a...
  8. A

Let's Talk: It Takes Three to Tango [Spoilers]

This is something that has come up in the various threads about Triss and Yennefer so you are not alone in your annoyance at the lack of time to make an informed choice of the woman you love and it being a kick in the teeth if you try to love both women (especially as it is a given Geralt and...
  9. A

Do We Need More Immersion?

The biggest issue really just seemed (and I completely understand why considering the scale of it all) the lack of W1/W2 choices really mattering at all in W3. I really genuinely worried over the long impact of my decisions in w2 especially and when I read that they largely did not matter at all...
  10. A

My unpopular opinion on the Witcher 3 map size

I think the only real shame about the bigger maps is that you do lose the sense of hand crafted detail you got in the W2. W3 has lots of just vast empty land and sea that they did their best to fill with treasures and monsters to make it worth exploring but it wasn't quite as gritty and living...
  11. A

Eredin says 12 sentences during the whole game and.....

I assume that was something just glossed over due to time constraints as it really did seem like something that should of been, I am guessing there was probably going to be choice thing there and Voorhis would have a small unit in the battle or at the very least a cutscene where his men kill off...
  12. A

[SPOILER] The "bittersweet" ending might be totally misunderstood! (Witcher 4 speculation)

There is no way Ciri can be the main protagonist in a W4 game, her story arc and past was all covered in W3 as a start, yes she undoubtedly has a lot to contend with emotionally etc after the end of W3 regardless of your ending but her lifetime of running from the Wild Hunt and dealing with the...
  13. A

What Keeps you Playing?

Entirely possible you just do not like the game? I know everyone here loves it to death and in my opinion it GOTY a thousand times over, but sometimes something just doesn't click and you do not like it. I have played a few really mainstream, famous for how good they are, games and got bored and...
  14. A

Did gwent card just spoil this whole expansion?

I was a bit annoyed at that myself, I was half way through the expansion when I saw the card and it was a bit of a slap in the face. Not that it really ruins anything in the end but half of O'dimm's appeal is the mystery. Having a card that sort of shows some part of him you yourself haven't yet...
  15. A

Fighting with monsters and humans in the same fight.

There are a couple of quests like this, a vampire with human guards, a leshen with wolves etc I admit the auto-drawing and sometimes not drawing at all can be something of a pain but I never really found a point in which I found Geralt switching weapons constantly? He usually just drew one sword...
  16. A

Runewhright confusion

From what i understand the Runes replace the glyphs, so you either pick an enchant you want or add glyphs manually from your inventory to the socketed items, both do not work together and I think you cannot add glyphs to something enchanted to replace the enchantment, so is a one way deal. As...
  17. A

[SPOILERS] What's your opinion on Hearts of Stone?

Heart Of Stone Impressions + patches since last playthrough. (Spoilers obv) (SPOILER WARNING: HERE THERE AND EVERYWHERE) Hello all, I return (not that anyone should remember or care) after completing the new Heart of stone dlc so thought I would just give my impressions (again as if anyone...
  18. A

Why the main narrative in the last third of the game is a bad hot mess [major spoilers!!!]

Wait what? Ciri telling us is bad, Avallach telling us is good? Why is that different.
  19. A

The Continuity Problem with the Toussaint Expansion

Surely all they have to do is add in Vizima first time, Yen saying, "Oh and I heard from the Emperor's spies someone of Ciri's appearance in Toussant. Might be worth checking out". Then you just have the option to investigate or not and Yen teleporting you for all Geralt will gripe. To which no...
  20. A

Priscilla

I found it genuinely shocking when she was one of the victims as I was really quite happy Dandelion had finally met his match. Was a little sad she wasn't even brought up again far as I remember let alone seen but as I think has been covered in some detail on this forum, there are lots of things...
Top Bottom