Search results

+
  1. marxduck

Cyberpunk 2077 User Reviews & Impressions

Very well put and is what many who are giving this game a free pass seem to be missing. Missing the forest for the trees, so to speak. I don't think that's what's happening here. For some people, over-hyping a game will always be the case, but this cannot be used as a catchall excuse when what...
  2. marxduck

Cyberpunk 2077 User Reviews & Impressions

This is a semi-review, of sorts. I'm not going to describe the game here though - I will presume that readers have played it for themselves. Firstly, I don't want to shit on the opinions that people might have of the game, but the reviews I've seen are just off. I'm not talking about the lack...
  3. marxduck

Ready to refund

A fresh install and then verifying files finally got it to work. And wow, how not worth it all that effort was! The bugs are one thing - and there are plenty of them on my high end PC, though I have no fps issues with everything maxed out. No, the bugs will be fixed, I suppose. Bad look for...
  4. marxduck

Ready to refund

Thanks Kaylakaze - I wish this worked! When I click on CP2077 in the start menu, it just opens Galaxy. When I got to the .exe in the game folder (not the launcher .exe, but the actual game executable in the bin folder) nothing happens. No error message, nothing. After a bit of sleuthing...
  5. marxduck

Ready to refund

I purchased Cyberpunk2077 on GOG to support the CDPR. I thought this would ensure the install process went off without a hitch. But of course this is 2020 and we're all just beta testers for big companies now. I can't launch my game. It appears to launch as the 'play' button greys out, then it...
  6. marxduck

Is CDPR the antithesis to Ubisoft or EA?

Well I don't recall saying that TW3 was the ultimate experience. On the contrary, I think I pointed out a number of flaws. For the record, my question was something of a rhetorical one to encourage discussion. I am, of course, open to any opinion aside from childish 'fanboy' comments. Might as...
  7. marxduck

Quite a few comments to respond to here - too many to quote, so here's my blanket response. Firstly, it seems a few people are upset with the downgraded graphics. I never played Witcher 2 and I just couldn't get into Witcher 1 but I have been watching videos of W2 in order to understand the...
  8. marxduck

I really don't think it's the over promising and under delivering that drives customers to the tantrums like you see on this forum. It's the bugs. The bugs at launch. The new bugs introduced with patches. The bugs that should have been eliminated before putting the product on the market. As I...
  9. marxduck

Geralt Old Haircut (From The First Game)

Is the 'long and loose' not exactly what you're after? You can get this haircut in Novigrad at the higher-end barber. It's not exactly like witcher 1 but I think that is just owing to the graphical difference between the two games. Long and loose is as close as you will get I'm afraid.
  10. marxduck

Suggestion for rapid exchange of signals in ps4.

Check out this mod - it is by far the best ds4 input mapper I have seen. Not quite what you're after but excellent, nonetheless.
  11. marxduck

Darker nights

Well I think your memory deceives you mate - I'm here, have been for 29 years. Sunset is not at 10pm in Sydney or Melbourne. It never has been. It was a bad example but your point still stands - as my half-arsed research above shows, the sun rising at around 3am and setting at 9-10pm would be...
  12. marxduck

I'm not totally following - are you saying that 1.07 fucked framerates for console owners? It's a fair criticism. As I've indicated, 1.07 pissed a lot of people off but I dare say CDPR will fix this. I do feel for console owners but if I'm honest, the console gaming industry has fucked gaming...
  13. marxduck

Is CDPR the antithesis to Ubisoft or EA? I've been thinking about this and I'm just curious what others think. I know there has been some frustration particularly surrounding the latest patch (myself included), but taking a step back for a moment, not only is this game exceptional but a lot of...
  14. marxduck

Better Combat Enhanced vs Ucross' Hardcore Mod

I haven't used Ucross but I was tossing up between the two mods for a while. Better combat enhanced is very well thought out and adds a level of depth to W3 that I cannot play without. As thibaudv said, it changes the game mechanics in at way that forces you to use everything at your disposal...
  15. marxduck

Darker nights

Well you're wrong about your first point. I live in Sydney and regularly go down to Melbourne. I never noticed 'full on dawn' at 4am or the sun setting at 10 or 11pm but I thought I'd double check anyway. Here is pretty good evidence that Melbourne sunrise happens at nearly 6am in the summer. To...
  16. marxduck

Enhanced Lighting?

Truly
  17. marxduck

Your own made-up game rituals?

Just read everyone's rituals, very amusing. Good work witchers. I do a lot of what others do. In addition: Sword fights with dumb shit bandits (especially those tools aimlessly traipsing around on their horses in Velen) must be humiliated at every opportunity. This means parrying their attacks...
  18. marxduck

why did they cap gwent betting at 10 measly crowns

There are two mods which deals with both these problems - One makes gwent harder (and a shitload more interesting/dynamic), the other allows you to make larger bets. Honestly, I regret installing a mod which allowed me to farm more cash (through giving vendors twice the money they normally...
  19. marxduck

[DLC 15] New Finisher Animations (Video)

I've not seen anyone mention this yet but surely you all notice it: the NPC character models changing when decapitated or dismembered in any way. For the most part I don't notice it but when a guy with a beard, longhair, and a helmet loses his head and instantaneously becomes a clean shaven...
Top Bottom