Search results

+
  1. E

Are AMD users just out of luck?

"CDPR is not responsible for the bad AMD drivers." is both true but perhaps also irrelevant. You can be a good citizen or you can be a bad citizen. It's impossible (without investigation) to know if the problem is with the drivers or if CDPR are Doing The Wrong Thing. The whole problem we...
  2. E

Performance is very bad since Patch 1.10

Most likely a result of INI editing. Restore the original files (I assume the game rewrites them if you remove them) and try again.
  3. E

Patch 1.10 - Reason of State still shows up as failed; Novigrad: Closed City II failed on 1.10

They just pushed out a DLC update on Steam (~315MiB), but it doesn't resolve this problem.
  4. E

Patch 1.10 has broken graphical presets

See the same.
  5. E

Patch 1.10 - Reason of State still shows up as failed; Novigrad: Closed City II failed on 1.10

Same for me. I had the Reason of State problem in 1.08, stil showing up as failed on 1.10 with all individual tasks in green, and Closed City II joined with the "follow the missing man" task as failed.
  6. E

I found a way to fix broken Achievements for the GOG version of the Game!

I have a hard time understanding this bug. So the sqlite database contains dates from the future (I presume?), which I guess could happen if there's a disagreement on the timezone or some such issue (very common). If that's the case the timestamps will be off by even hours (or half-hour...
  7. E

The newly impimented steam achivements, are they obtainable?

You can probably assume it'll work first when the expansion rolls out with an update binary.
  8. E

Achievements Broken Again After 1.08.1

The issue where ALL achievements were broken -- the topic of this thread -- was demonstrably fixed as of the latest patch (1.08.4, 2015-09-04). There may be individual achievements that are broken in various ways, but those are a separate issue.
  9. E

How Do You Run This Game After Installing?

Since the crashed thread looks to be in the graphics initialization, do you have a modern nVidia driver? Are you overclocking? (If so, downclock to stock -- this game is notorious for crashing overclocked video cards).
  10. E

Yes, I have played more and they pop up. Have earned "Mutant", "Something More" (story), "Armed and Dangerous", "Assassin of Kings" and "Xenonaut". Looks like we're good. ... And may the interns never check in code again.
  11. E

I have conducted an experiment. First I did a Verify Integrity of my files to ensure that I have the right files in place (1.08.4 presumably -- please don't truncate version numbers developers!) I did not have "Power Overwhelming" from before, so I activated all the Places of Power in White...
  12. E

It's supposedly fixed again (steam is patched), but we've heard that before... https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/639727246777954304
  13. E

Missing dismanted items

If the resulting materials themselves can't be dismantled, why would they show up? Have you looked in your inventory? Granted I haven't done a lot of dismantling, but I've never had a problem when I've did do it.
  14. E

I'd actually like to hear more about this console disables achievements thing. Do you have to enable the console on the cmdline or in an conf file to be able to bring it up, or can it be opened by default? What key is it on? Is it enough to open it up and closing it again to disable, or do you...
  15. E

For the love of gawd, did someone merge the summer intern's crappy anti-cheating code? I thought we'd agree to let that die in review?! *LOL*. Who am I kidding. CDPR doesn't do code reviews. Starting to get a clearer idea of why something which is literally a just a basic conditional...
  16. E

Even though achivements don't pop instantly, shouldn't newly gained achievements pop if you save and reload? I assume they do a scan on load since that's when the pre-1.08.2 acheivements popped. Unless they specifically made that a one-time thing but that'd be insane.
  17. E

Saw the patch, loaded up and five achievements popped right away. Thought everything was well in the world again. Came here to say thanks for fixing it before the weekend.... ... and the thread says they're still not fixed. That was a hard swing.
  18. E

While true that keeping a lot of saves help, it's not like you can actually know beforehand WHEN it pops. It can be after you defeat a hard monster in which case you can't make a save that saves you having to redo the fight, or it could be after you turn a quest in in which you can. Point is...
  19. E

I just completed an 11 hour session during which I earned no achievements. For example, I completed the Gwent Turney which was HARD (not the cards part, the.. you know, 'exit interview'). I also completed numerous contracts, at least one of which I've looked up has an achievement. four of which...
  20. E

Achievements not working in 1.07

Ugh. The handling of this is so disappointing. I have to assume people simply went on vacation, because if there's people in the office there's really no excuse to not hotfix this. None. Why at least not make the fix retoractive? Most of the achievements should be trivial to fire, things like...
Top Bottom