Search results

+
  1. Z

Witcher series for Netflix confirmed!

Because nobody ever gets jealous without reason right? Especially with the history Yen and Triss have. Well that's the whole point actually, Yen doesn't have the strength to save Geralt either and I'm pretty sure at least part of her knows that Geralt cannot be saved too yet she tries and ends...
  2. Z

Witcher series for Netflix confirmed!

Well I do agree that the Geralt/Triss thing is important regarding Triss' storyline and character development. But I don't get what you're saying about Fringilla getting more closure on this? I mean Triss' entire storyline in the books is basically about resolving her dilemnas regarding her...
  3. Z

Yen Or Triss?

Thank you! Indeed, I'm French so English is not my first language, and well I just try not to make too many mistakes (I'm not always successful though) :laughing: And I do hope Sapkowski will finally get the respect he deserves as a writer because these books are just amazing, everything has its...
  4. Z

Yen Or Triss?

I made a tumblr post about the Triss/Yen friendship in the books, it's quite long so I'll just post the link for those interested. here it is
  5. Z

Story,game and books.**(SPOILERS)**

I'm sorry but unless you are saying that Sapkwoski is an horrible person (which I'm sorry but he is not, maybe you don't like him, maybe he is sarcastic and even arrogant sometimes but he is not an horrible person), he deserves some respect, like I don't know every human being. And I'm sorry but...
  6. Z

You do know that Sapkowski recently received a World Fantasy Award For Life Achievment,, right? Let's see who else received that award in the past : George R R Martin, Terry Pratchett, Stephen King, Michael Moorcock, Marion Zimmer Bradley, Ursula K le Guin, Ray Bradbury.... to name only a few...
  7. Z

Yes, Tolkien is amazing, no doubt about that, and what I love while reading Tolkien is indeed exactly that, the depth and complexity of that universe he created. LoTR is the very first fantasy book I read (not counting Harry Potter), it's the one that got me into fantasy in the first place, I...
  8. Z

WOW! Well, you use Tolkien a lot as an example, could you give us another fantasy author you like, just out of curiosity? Regarding what you say, Sapkowski is among the best fantasy authors I have ever read (along with Tolkien by the way), and I guess I understand what you mean, because...
  9. Z

Yen Or Triss?

Hey! Same I remember your comments from reddit, really nice seeing you here. Even though my Geralt will always choose Yen, I really enjoy reading your point of view. It's so nice to see someone who likes all the characters and doesn't feel the need to bash one in order to justify some head...
  10. Z

Triss Merigold of Maribor (All Spoilers) Resurgence

Same I love that part. My second favorite I think is the one from Lady of the Lake, when Triss and Nenneke are talking and Triss is basically explaining how hard it was for her to choose between the lodge and her friends and then Nenneke says that everyone has to live with their own choices. I...
  11. Z

Is someone interested in fantastic polish audiobook samples with english subtitles...?

I really like that last sample, this actress really is very good, displaying so many emotions in that part and yet never overdoing it. She has the perfect voice for Triss, very soft and yet very strong. Triss definitely is a character I like in the books, with her own character arc which goes...
  12. Z

Is someone interested in fantastic polish audiobook samples with english subtitles...?

Haha well I must admit I didn't like her at all the first time I heard her (I don't remember which sample it was), I thought she was over doing it. When I learned she was actually 36, I was kinda like : WOW and reconsidered a bit, and yes her acting kinda grew on me after that. She is still not...
  13. Z

Yeah, their relationship is the most beautiful thing in the books in my opinion. And in the audiobooks both actresses have a very special way of acting in those particular scenes. So much love and vulnerability and trust on both sides :wub:
  14. Z

I would say there, but for some reason I can only find Blood of Elves, Time of Contempt and Season of Storms. Uh.... Can I make that a top 5? That will already be hard enough :P With no particular order I would say definitely the Belleteyn sample you just posted (Yen crying really gets me...
  15. Z

Thank you for this thread, this forum badly needed a place to talk about these I don't usually like audiobooks because I don't like someone reading a book for me, but these are more than just reading, these have a full cast of amazing actors, beautiful music and use some awesome background...
  16. Z

Yen Or Triss?

I agree with the definition, but I still don't think it means that the characters don't have free will. Let me rephrase : I think that given who Geralt, Yennefer and Ciri are, it's obvious that they will choose to be together in the end, it's the only choice that make perfect sense for them...
  17. Z

Yen Or Triss?

Except I don't see "destiny and fate" as "having no choice". It's the opposite actually, in the books the characters have very much the choice. Yen CHOOSE to let go of Istredd, of her power as a sorceress for a witcher and a lost child, Ciri CHOOSE to let go of her inheritage as a princess for...
  18. Z

Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers) - The Revival

I second that, those audiobooks are just wonderful and the Polish actress Anna Dereszowska nailed the part. She really understood perfectly the character, very subtle voice acting. It helped me to get a deeper understanding of the character as well even though I already loved Yen.
  19. Z

Exactly that. That's why I don't like those quotes being used out of their context. Sure they sound bad put like that, but that's just the way Yen and Ciri interact with each other and show affection to each other. And it can be clearly seen in the books that not only Ciri doesn't mind but that...
  20. Z

You're right, I'm sorry, I didn't really mean it like that. It's more.... I'm just trying to understand the way you are reading the books, because once again in your posts here you seem to be focusing on some very specific sentences, taken out of their context, while totally ignoring the hints...
Top Bottom