Search results

+
  1. A

Mouse wheel up/down unbindable? Are you kidding me?

Mouse wheel up/down unbindable? Are you kidding me? Title says it all... When you try to bind something to MouseWheelUp or MouseWheelDown using the in-game keybinding menu, it just detects it as "mousewheel" but not which of the two directions. So I go into my input.settings file and try to...
  2. A

Edited decoction XML to make last 4hrs, but doesn't seem to work

Edited decoction XML to make last 4hrs, but doesn't seem to work EDIT: Solved. I just had to select the "Only pack xml" checkbox when building the mod in ModKitchen. I want my decoctions to last 4 hours of real time, so I downloaded a mod that makes them last 90 minutes, uncooked it through...
  3. A

Added three texture mods and game suddenly won't start

Added three texture mods and game suddenly won't start I just added three texture mods and tried to start up the game but it just stays on the desktop and nothing happens. I have to go into task manager and kill it. I've heard of the so-called "infinite load screen" bug that happens when...
  4. A

[Request] Instant tooltip on hover; no stupid delay

[Request] Instant tooltip on hover; no stupid delay I don't know whose stupid idea it was to put a ~half second delay on inventory tooltips, but trying to find a particular item in the inventory takes an irritatingly long time when you have to wait a moment before you can even see the name of...
  5. A

Anyone else afraid to explore for fear of stumbling upon a scripted event you're unsure of?

Anyone else afraid to explore for fear of stumbling upon a scripted event you're unsure of? Like, you're just strolling along and encounter a cutscene for some quest you got off a noticeboard ages ago and you have no goddamn clue what's going on. What's more, Geralt is making comments that...
  6. A

Do I HAVE to tell Radovid about Philippa?

Do I HAVE to tell Radovid about Philippa? I'd prefer to not tell him anything, but I have the distinct impression I have to tell him in order to conclude the quest "Redania's Most Wanted". I was tasked with finding Philippa Eilheart, and though I did find her hideout and a megascope crystal, I...
  7. A

Wolf Gear: quest says to go to Kaer Morhen. wtf? There IS no Kaer Morhen to go to

Wolf Gear: quest says to go to Kaer Morhen. wtf? There IS no Kaer Morhen to go to I'm level 22 now with 193 hours into the game and I've been wearing the starting chest armour the entire time because I can't stand the appearance of any other armour I've come across so far. I want to get the...
  8. A

Found Triss after six months, but she says we're only friends? What...?

Found Triss after six months, but she says we're only friends? What...? I'm using a save file from The Witcher 2 where every choice I made vis-a-vis Triss was romantic. Yet I just came upon her in Novigrad for the first time and throughout our initial walk around the city (doing the rat job)...
  9. A

[Request] Disable highlighting of herbs during Witcher Sense?

[Request] Disable highlighting of herbs during Witcher Sense? I hope I'm not the only one who hates how herbs are highlighted while in Witcher Sense mode when I'm really only interested in loot and quest examinations. :P
  10. A

[Request] Longer-lasting intoxication?

[Request] Longer-lasting intoxication? Title says it all, I guess :P I don't like my buzz lasting a mere few seconds. Or if anyone knows which file has the duration integers in question, I can edit it on my own :)
  11. A

PC users, do you play Gwent with just the mouse, or just keyboard, or both?

PC users, do you play Gwent with just the mouse, or just keyboard, or both? I just started playing the Witcher 3 recently and only started playing Gwent last night. I was astonished at how clumsy the controls are for mouse & keyboard: Sometimes I can double-click a card to perform an action...
  12. A

Very basic request, already have the code

Very basic request, already have the code Hey. So, I use FriendlyHUD, part of which includes a feature where the minimap has different zoom levels depending on whether you're indoors, outdoors, or on a boat. However I would really like to add another zoom variable for when I'm on a horse...
  13. A

In-game time of day seems to change/reset sometimes. Am I mistaken?

In-game time of day seems to change/reset sometimes. Am I mistaken? I like to play Geralt as realistically as I can, which means I set out in the morning to do stuff and then head back to a settlement to rest for the night and meditate until the next morning. As such, I keep meticulous track of...
  14. A

Just arrived in Velen and felt crushing disappointment - I feel there's no way the geographic scale (lore-wise) would be this tiny. Am I wrong?

Just arrived in Velen and felt crushing disappointment - I feel there's no way the geographic scale (lore-wise) would be this tiny. Am I wrong? (Witcher 3 playable area map here, for reference) Edit: I'm happily enjoying the Witcher 3 now, appreciating it for what it is. Easily one of (if not...
  15. A

Why are the descriptions for effects so vague? e.g.: "Increases critical hit chance"... but BY HOW MUCH?

Why are the descriptions for effects so vague? e.g.: "Increases critical hit chance"... but BY HOW MUCH? Decoctions are a particularly egregious example of this behaviour. It's almost like they were afraid that numbers would "scare" casual users? I just do not understand this. It's...
  16. A

Screen tearing, even with V-Sync

Screen tearing, even with V-Sync I experience screen-tearing even when I have V-Sync enabled in the options. Screen tearing persists whether I set the frame rate limiter in the options to 60 or unlimited - it doesn't make a difference. Also, I tried disabling in-game V-sync and instead...
Top Bottom