Search results

+
  1. C

With the new monster spies.. the NR spies have become absurdly useless

Pawel1995 Discussing the play ability of a card is one idea behind pre-beta discussion. While we can sit around and fan boy about the game and make comments of footage we have seen, we can also begin to discuss what we have seen mechanically . The developers have already been doing testing of...
  2. C

RNG a key element of Gwent?

. I apologize for misunderstanding this. I must not have read this well enough previously and did not gather what exactly you meant, assuming it was like a point someone had previously made. The fact of this is that the new passive forces two conditions, not just one. In the event you won R1...
  3. C

The point that was being made is that the cards were useless, not that they weren't as good as they previously were, or rather that was the main idea of the posts from the first page. The reason that the NR spies are less powerful may be for three reasons. One as flavor (Which I think is a bit...
  4. C

Choosing Leader Card Afterwards

Im not saying its a bad idea, its still up for debate. There would have to be some kind of balance, its a matter of finding that balance, not if the idea is good or bad.
  5. C

I believe that between good deck building and careful mulligans that you can easily fix your hand in this type of Gwent Consider this I have built a deck for consistent hands centered around a small amount of powerful minions. In my deck I have 4 Disloyal spies with an average power of 8. by...
  6. C

Choosing Leader Card Afterwards

I agree with SkyHeadedCaptain in that it would mess with the balance of the game. I believe that leaders should be a compliment to whatever deck you are playing, and if you choose a very specific leader ability there is room for punishment of inconsistency for the level of power. In TW3 Gwent I...
  7. C

Not difficult

Make sure that when you are playing Gwent on TW3 that you consider that there are going to be some major changes in the way the game is played, as well as what card mechanics exist and are played, when the stand alone is released. Playing against an AI will never show the same results as...
  8. C

6 Ideas

Something I'm unsure if has been mentioned by reading these posts. I believe that single player campaigns will contain cards as rewards for purchasing and completing them. It is plausible to assume these cards will be powerful, in order to attract people to spend a form of currency on them. I...
  9. C

Card Interaction and Order of Operations in Resolution

Provided that the order of priority doesn't change, it seems that the Moral Boost will still trigger before Bond, which is a powerful combination indeed. We will have to test specific interactions (like the summoned minion off of the new Cow and card effects like commander's horn) when the game...
  10. C

The Early, unrefined, Yogg Saron decks were just funny, they weren't supposed to win games and they weren't supposed to make legend for sure. They ran inefficient cards for a marginal boost in surviveability while buffing Yogg and when they finaly triggered they often lost. Hilarity ensued in...
  11. C

Deck Builder, Recipies, and other deck ideas? (Ideas: post here)

It can be seen from gameplay footage that the deck possibilities are expanded on vastly. Additions like Weatherbound and changes to Spy mechanics may allow a deck to be far larger than what was present in TW3. In TW3 we see that spys are broken (Draw your deck and pass R1 followed by...
  12. C

Something that needs to be considered widely by the community, i think, is that RNG is not something you should build a deck around in order to be effective. In my experience with card games, namely HS and a little bit of Magic, decks are build to be a balance of consistent and powerful. A deck...
  13. C

Themed decks

Themed decks seem like an inevitability and seem as though as they are deliberately being made possible! My favorite so far is the idea of a foglet deck that focuses on having a large deck size (maybe 40-45?) and using fog cards in conjunction with the weatherbound effect to generate minions in...
  14. C

How does Rarity work?

In addition to what Shikate said, There is a slight correlation from rarity of cards to type of card it is. Common cards tend to be Troops or special cards, Epics tend to be Characters, and Legendary cards tend to be Hero Class. Rare seems to be a toss up between Characters and troops. This...
  15. C

Yes, that situation exactly. My apologies on my incorrect terminology, it has been a long time since I've been able to play Gwent and therefore exact names and situations are a little fuzzy in parts. This means that cards with effects will have different priorities and therefore may lead to...
  16. C

Thanks for the resources, I hadn't found your channel before this. I figured it was likely that was the order, as it was the middle ground between the power levels and made sense for balancing, but I hadn't seen the gameplay yet. I'm rather glad this was the decided method of calculation...
  17. C

Card Interaction and Order of Operations in Resolution As new mechanics are added to strategy based card games there is always an importance on card interaction order. With the release of the "Spore" mechanic, as seen in the Mushrooms card, there could be interesting interactions with cards...
Top Bottom