Search results

+
  1. H

Triss Merigold of Maribor (All Spoilers) Resurgence

Triss and Geralt separated between TW2 and TW3. I think Triss thought he will go back to Yen and was trying to move on. Seeing Geralt again probably brought back a lot of feelings and memories and she assumed she might get hurt again, so in that answer I think she is ironically teasing Geralt...
  2. H

Was this necessary? (Another Yennefer thread)

Well, when I first played TW3, it was before I read the books. I have played the previous games several times prior to that, so what I knew of Yen was fairly limited to what the second game told me and what I read up about her in preparation for TW3. Despite not expecting to like her, my initial...
  3. H

I've read your post on reddit and imo the similarities are superficial with the exception of TW1. I agree as far as TW1 is concerned, and Triss borrows direct lines from Yen and Philippa in that game on few occasions(noting more pathetic than a sorceress in tears comes to mind) and she is a...
  4. H

With that I disagree even more. Geralt himself takes responsibility for what has happened between him and Triss in the books and doesn't see himself as a victim, so why would I see him as one? I am not among those who interpret the little magic thing as him getting taken advantage off...
  5. H

To start a relationship with Triss, Geralt has to actively pursue her and accomplish several "tasks". The romance was designed in such a way that giving Alvin to either her or Shani played an important role in the overall decision between them. Was it the best way to approach it? Maybe not. You...
  6. H

I debated this many times before, but I will never see Geralt as Triss' victim. Their romance happens on his initiative, he is the one that goes out of his way to seduce Triss, who even acts reluctant and is hesitant to start a relationship with Geralt(the ring, giving Alvin to her, acting a...
  7. H

State of the world in The Witcher 4 [Spoilers]

Personally, I couldn't care less about a comic book or its story. Geralt's story I played took place and ended in the games. If a sequel was to be made, I would certainly expect it to be a sequel to the game and not some comic book and as such respect the events that can possibly happen in the...
  8. H

[Spoilers] An earnest plea [Continue The Witcher Series]

sv3672 I have to say I pretty much agree with everything you're saying. For me, having meaningful choices and consequences is what TW games are all about. It's one of the main reasons I was drawn to the franchise in the first place. It's a very important aspect of the games and something CDPR...
  9. H

Everyone should break Yennefer's heart at least once (Spoilers)

I believe that Geralt and Yennefer can never work out in the long run, they never could, their relationship was always rocky and with ups and downs, very loving and filled with a deep understanding of each other, but it was never stable, and I think the ending of the books is symbolic in that...
  10. H

Kallelinski And yet he still somehow ended up in Kovir with Triss in my game and left Yennefer for good. My point is, each player decides in what measure Geralt has or hasn't changed, simple as that. You can list a thousand quotes of people telling him he is the same, but fact is, he can choose...
  11. H

@Kallelinski Well, he is the same person, but there is a difference between words and actions and depending on each player's choice he can certainly change his views and feelings and the game allows that. Each person can decide at what measure he has or hasn't changed since the books, but the...
  12. H

I agree with this, I think it is perfectly reasonable to imagine Geralt changing during his amnesia and influenced by the events of the games. I don't see him 100% resetting himself to his book version as soon as his memories come back like nothing happened and time stood still. The experiences...
  13. H

A bit of a rant about amnesia, Geralt and Triss. I often see Triss getting accused of using Geralt in the first two games, taking advantage of his amnesia and even going as far as saying she raped him. While I have no problem admitting Triss is at fault and that she wasn't being honest, I find...
  14. H

Definitely, it was just the right amount with the letter, the vow, the final talk and a few mentions here and there. The dialogue with her was also enjoyable, little bit of talk about Kovir, some playful teasing, some compliments from Geralt and I like having her there while I'm doing the...
  15. H

In my opinion, the added dialogue for Triss was ok and improved the general feel of the romance. It added a few scenes and dialogues that addressed some of the issues people had and personally I'm happy with the changes. As far as the expansions are concerned, HoS doesn't have any of the...
  16. H

Yen Or Triss?

My point wasn't exactly to praise Lodge's achievements, but to show that Triss is capable of dealing with variety of less and more powerful people while still managing to find her place among them. Despite all her plans failing miserably, few would call Phil weak or say she's not a strong woman...
  17. H

Yen Or Triss?

I often see the argument how Triss is a girl and Yennefer is a woman and I find it ridiculous. It seems to me people choose to ignore most of Triss' actions and only judge her by the behavior she shows during romantic moments in TW3. They are both very strong and capable women, especially...
  18. H

Yeah, she's not exactly doing much, I'm still glad we get to see her there, but it seems the whole visitor thing was added later on and was probably not something that was initially planned for the expansion. Either way, It was a nice addition and I really liked her dialogue as well as the...
  19. H

Yen Or Triss?

I only listed a few things I saw people mention when criticizing Yen in the games, I don't really have a problem with any of her actions in game. As far as the growth is concerned, the way I see it, Yen is already a rich, well developed character, she shows significant growth throughout the...
  20. H

Yen Or Triss?

I don't think that's because of her not being in the first two games, but the way she is. If you're gonna faithfully represent a character like Yen(I think CDPR did a great job), she is bound to rub some people the wrong way, it's just how her personality is. Yen is not exactly a prototype of a...
Top Bottom