Search results

+
  1. S

HOMECOMING: What we know so far

Glad that weather will still feature in HC, like it or not it's a Gwent staple. As an aside I'm a little disappointed that moonlight apparently will not feature in HC - yes it was a pretty crap deck but at least it was different and interesting compared to the usual Skellige stuff.
  2. S

Homecoming Reveal

Errr are we watching the same streamers? ;) Off the top of my head two of the major YT streamers / content makers stopped playing the game after the midwinter patch explicitly because of the create mechanic and increased RNG (with implied point slamming and reduction in strategy).
  3. S

Homecoming Reveal

Not really sure what I learnt from this reveal: The visual changes look ... interesting. Personally I'm not sure what to make of these stylistic changes, certainly wasn't what I was expecting or hoping for. The removal of silver cards was a bit of an eye-opener but guess it makes sense...
  4. S

Why am i getting so many disrespectful opponents?

Had a few opponents roping recently in ranked which is frankly sad, thankfully there has only been a few. Taunts don't bother me, I rather enjoy them to be honest - many players have responded with 'well played' when I've made a good move or won using decks that are not obvious net-decks or...
  5. S

So, how's your arena experience?

It's fun I guess but way to random to be anything more than a change to casual play, like most of the other posters I think everyone has had a few arena matches then they will continue with casual/ranked/pro as before. Likes: - nice alternative to casual play. Dislikes (ignoring technical...
  6. S

The designer/balancer of Gwent should really watch Mogwai, Merchant and Swim's videos

Fair enough, like I said there are definitely issues and you correctly identify one of them in the Elven Scout (without wanting to derail the thread into the create mechanic). Back on topic - I thought some of the card designs Mogwai came up with were interesting, we could argue the toss...
  7. S

The designer/balancer of Gwent should really watch Mogwai, Merchant and Swim's videos

Agreed, I watched the whole video (long even by his standards!) and was impressed by the manner in which he got his points across objectively - constructive criticism is always healthy. What's your concern with the create mechanic (or just not a fan)? Again I thought Mogwai got it spot on...
  8. S

MMR requirements for the highest ranks

To be honest the recent changes to the ranking system have pretty much sucked out the enthusiasm I had for playing ranked - previously if you didn't make the top rank(s) you would at least get some rewards along the way for trying, now you'll get nothing (other than RSI). Last season I missed...
  9. S

Midwinter Update is now available!

I had same issue, as Chaob says just uninstall and re-download, it's not a biggie thankfully. EDIT: might also be worth raising in the tech support forum? I assumed it was my fault because my drive was practically full, but if several of us are having the same issue it might be something the...
  10. S

OLD Card updates/changes from PTR

Many thanks +rep
  11. S

OLD Card updates/changes from PTR

Any kind soul able to list changes for Scoiatel? I didn't have chance to play the PTR or watch any of the recent streams.
  12. S

Top 2 things you wish weren't in Gwent

1. Mulliganing the same card in every damn round. 2. People who don't recognise humour in this thread.
  13. S

Graphics and fonts very poor quality after update

As it turns out that was exactly the problem, for some reason the game had changed to a much lower resolution. Could have sworn I tried every resolution before I posted but maybe I didn't hit apply or something. Anyway all good now. I'll still raise a bug report for the fact that the update...
  14. S

Cheers, I'll give that a whirl.
  15. S

Graphics and fonts very poor quality after update After the Agile patch the game looks absolutely awful (on my PC), the card graphics are very low quality and the fonts almost unreadable, almost as though the settings have been set to 'very low' with low-res textures and no anti-aliasing...
  16. S

DivinityZero1's Snipe 'L TaeL - Movement Control deck

Nice, movement is the only ST archetype I haven't got round to yet and you've inspired me to give it a whirl. If you're not gettng so many GG's then you must be doing something right! ;)
  17. S

Gold Units can now be Targeted by Spells and Effects

Hmmm, on the whole I personally believe the devs have made good design decisions as we've gone through the various betas (weather nerfs, inter-round mulligans, etc) but I'm not convinced by this change at all, and judging by most of the other posts I've seen I'm not alone. Golds will just be...
  18. S

Which faction would you say is the worst off right now?

Agree with Wild Hunt and Emyr 'bounce'. I'd also throw in ST - Spell'atel and Dorfs are both pretty handy, but the other two factions variants (movement, mulligan) are frankly unplayable, at least for anything other than fun.
  19. S

Ultimate Toruviel Play

A sneaky finesse to using Toruviel is the fact that she is an elf, so if you have the right number of elf units on the board when she flips Aelirenn gets played from the deck - screwing up many opponents calculations. :)
  20. S

So... They Say Total Control Is Impossible

True, though you have 3 bronze special cards so maybe Ithlinne could be an option?
Top Bottom