Search results

+
  1. M

Merchants of Ofir Launch Pack returning at some point?

Hello fellow gwentlemen! Got recently back into Gwent after about a year of hiatus. I missed the expansion's launch, is there any chance these bundles reappear in the shop (for a limited time)? I really like the Penitent Leader Skin and the Card Back. Cheers
  2. M

What happened to the planned steam release?

If you want to run Gwent through Steam (which is what i do), add the GoG Galaxy Launcher to your library as nonsteam-game, then navigate into the app settings to the Target Box (which points to the GoG Galaxy Client.exe. Just add following command at the end of the line with a space first...
  3. M

POLL: What Future Witcher Tales Would you Most Like to See?

Voted for Dijkstra's journey, but what i would like to see in Gwent also besides short automated tournaments (like in Starcraft 2) and card expansions would be a Roguelike format like Slay the Spire. I think that would work well with the current card design.
  4. M

Do you want leader voice lines or avatar ones?

Both ofcourse, avatar voices for myself and leader voices for the 3d model.
  5. M

Thronebreaker Vsync?

I use Fast -Sync in the Nvidia Control panel for all applications. Works best for me, high fps and no tearing and atleast i can not notice any input delay. If you have a Nvidia maybe try that. There is probably a similar option for AMD. For Thronebreaker though i have to enable V-Sync ingame...
  6. M

Lifecoach (Open Beta's champion) shares his thoughts about Homecoming

In my opinion that added variance is the saving grace for Gwent, i dont mean the RNG of Create (which is toned down though to be fair) but the fact you have to take possible burning of cards into account is one factor that makes the game less scripted. Doesnt mean Card advantage is meaningless...
  7. M

At first glance the game looks simplified but in reality it isnt at all. Yes, there are a lot of synergies and mechanics missing but the foundation is there. I disagree that it lost its identity. That would imply it had one, that is sustainable. What @Bra1nss calls unintuitive is just actual...
  8. M

yea, on the internet its very hard for some people to have a discussion without getting dismissive or snide. Just ignore it and dont let yourself get triggered. And nobody should use what they interprete as the public opinion (or vocal minority for that matter) for their arguments. A lot of...
  9. M

2 rows instead of 3. Homecoming. [POLL]

i dont think this poll is practically useful, tho discussing the possibility of only 2 rows is. The devs used it mainly to express how they are willing to drastically change the current design. And if they try an iteration with only two rows it would play completely different as it would now...
  10. M

GWENT Homecoming — see what's next for GWENT

twinkiegorilla It would have been dead if it continued in the current direction. think taking 6 months off and going back to the drawing board is the best decision they could make now. There are fundamental flaws in the current design, cant make it better with a few balance tweaks. Lilayah Im...
  11. M

Preferred Row System (a missed opportunity?)

About the current Scripted staleness Since quite a while the game has become very scripted, the many pointslam decks play out almost always the same every game. An idea would be to keep cards being agile but give them bonus based on their row. Then you would have to think more if you want to...
  12. M

Decided to quit

I too got bored quite a while ago and dont play anymore, and its a shame because i still love the beautiful art and general design of the game and i wished there was a tabletop version (of this Gwent, not the W3 Gwent, i know one exists). For me balance is less of an issue, its also the fact...
  13. M

New Patch New Meta - The good and bad

I think the coinflip isnt as big of a problem when you look at a sample of say 100 games. Then it evens out. But it does matter quite a lot in a singled out match. (Thats why they made special rules in the tournaments). The complexity we had before brought more variables to the table, so...
  14. M

New Patch New Meta - The good and bad

The coinflip became more of a problem , because the game lost quite a lot complexity. As others have said many decks are just vomiting points. I think making every unit agile was the baddest decision yet. Obviously not every unit should be restricted to a row, but agility should mostly come...
  15. M

The Arena Mode - Opinions?

I agree, and hope they'll change it like that.
  16. M

The Arena Mode - Opinions?

Greyboxer just mentioned on the podcast that using the actual faction card backs instead of just the leader's cardback would make the arena mode a bit more skillreliant, as you could maybe predict more what cards your opponent might have. And i agree with that. Arena will be much more about pure...
  17. M

Are there Bots in Gwent?

I would never assume its a bot because of weird plays. It was the mechanical hovering of every card that was very suspicious, and even with a gamepad its not possible to emulate these actions. I have send the video to support, thanks for linking.
  18. M

Are there Bots in Gwent?

The problem with this bot is it doesnt inject into the gwent client, so its relatively hard to detect. On the positive side, its easy to recognize with its constant switching of hovering over cards (even while playing or selecting cards. On Merchant's stream there was a very suspicious one. I...
  19. M

IS CDPR ruining its good name w/ Gwent?

That doesnt justify lamenting over the current state over and over and over and over. There is simply no point in it and all it does is creating a doomsday tone which has never been helpful for any game. You are all just wanting to confirm each other how bad the state currently is by reading...
  20. M

IS CDPR ruining its good name w/ Gwent?

I am really curious if any of you can propose actual card changes (and we could discuss those). So far this thread is nothing but lamenting and doomsaying. You aren't helping the game at all in stating how bad this patch is over and over and over and over, you do exactly the opposite.
Top Bottom