Search results

+
  1. F

Complete Discard Rework

I believe the basic idea behind discard fits Skellige pretty well. Warriors sacrificing themselves and fully aware going towards death. That is a great and fitting thematic. At the other hand discard has been pretty much point slam, deck thinning, getting rid of cheap filler cards or allwing the...
  2. F

Why has Foltest so few charges?

Even though NR was reworked and Foltest was buffed he is still far too weak. If we compare him to other leaders with a limited amount of charges, it is obvious why is so bad. -Foltest: 3 charges -Detlaff: also only 3 charges and is bad too -KoB: 3 charges and a passive -Arachas Queen: 3 charges...
  3. F

New Keyword for ST

With the latest patch NR, who was previously laking much of faction specific keywords got quite a couple new ones, which really helped increasing the faction identity and created new synergies. In my opinion, ST lacks in that department as much as NR did previously, and while they have quite a...
  4. F

Quality of Life improvements for NR Charges

SY Coins are more or less just a different version of charges and therefore everything coin related in SY has some huge similarities to everything charge related in NR. Nonetheless, after looking at SY, I feel as if there are quite a couple of things, that really improve the gameplay compared to...
  5. F

A ST rework

There have been a couple of threads in the last weeks dealing with problems of ST and after putting all the ideas together those threads gave me, I want to present concept for a ST rework. In my opinion ST should be the faction with the highest skill cap and therefore a lot of the abilities...
  6. F

Giving Foltest the Emhyr treatment

To begin this thread with a little story, my first HC gaming was actually one with Foltest. I created a nice engine deck for him with a lot of bronze engines with orders and when I used Foltest ingame on those bronze engines only to notice that it didn't feel that good, because the extra value I...
  7. F

Suggestion: More deathblow abilities for ST

ST works rather well with Deathblow abilities due to the number of damage effects and pings they have including even a leader for that, but the actual number of ST cards having a deathblow effect is rather low. So, I think it would make sense to rework/or buff some underused cards by giving them...
  8. F

March expansion card speculations

While we haven't got any actual card reveals with abilities, we nonetheless got a few leaks including quite a lot of card art that might make it into the march expansion, so I think this is the prefect time to start speculating about the new cards and their abilities, before the card reveals...
  9. F

Vernon Roche

While Dijkstra was an amazing card in the Beta and I'm kind of happy that his ability got kept after we temporarily lost him, the effect feels pretty akwquard in Homecoming. Now the question is, what makes the ability so different in Homecoming and Beta. The answer is the whole faction around...
  10. F

Current Faction MMR isn't changing

I just started playing ranked again after the update, but my current faction MMR hasn't changed at all from the last value before the Maintanace break. Does anyone experience something similar? Or am I overlooking something obvious?
  11. F

Alternative Victory Conditions/Goals to achieve in a round

Currently most games revolve around a similar concept. Play 4 to 7 cards in round 1 and as many cards as necessary in round 2 to end it with 7 cards, such that both players will normaly start the last round with 10 cards in hand. The main goal of all players is to start round 3 as the second...
  12. F

More synergetic movement effects

With Reach and Row Locked effects, rows became more important in HC and moving units to a different row became much stronger, too and can work against a lot of units in the same way as a lock. Nonetheless, the number of movement cards hardly increased at all. And of all the movement cards...
  13. F

Changing Eredin

First of all, I really love the new Eredin, and currently my favourite deck is one with Eredin. Nonetheless, while Eredin is cool he really restricts the design space, because all new engines that will be available for Monsters or Neutral, have to be balanced around Eredin. Already at this...
  14. F

Ingame Provision Cost tracker

Before Homecoming, counting cards played not a little role in Gwent. With a fixed number of max. Silver and Gold cards, you could count them and know, if the enemy didn't have any of them left in his deck, such that you knew for certain that certain types of cards couldn't appear anymore and you...
  15. F

Which 4 provision cards do you actually use?

With 4 provisions being the lower boundary of the provision range, quite a lot of those cards are only included because players have to get to 25 cards without going through the provision limit. And with those cards being actually weaker than those with higher provision costs, even if they are...
  16. F

More Row specific effects in Homecoming

To start this thread I want to first say, that this isn't the place to discuss the number of rows. Instead this thread should only focus on the question how much rows do matter in Homecoming and discuss suggestions to improve this. With Homecoming placing units on rows was supposed to matter...
  17. F

NR HC Suggestions

After having tried out a couple of NR decks in the PTR and having a closer look at all of the NR cards afterwards, here are a couple suggestions and feedback about those. Kaedweni Cavalry and Thaler are both units that are able to remove charges from enemies. The problem is that outside NR...
  18. F

Adding Basecamp to the game

Adding Basecamp to the game There are hardly things that are more frustrating then having bad luck with mulligan and drawing the same unwanted card again in round 2 and 3. That is in particular grave if the card is a card that is supposed to be tutored and thus might be useless by itself or...
  19. F

[HC] NR rework

[HC] NR rework For Homecoming I thought a bit about the Northern Realms and how to improve them. The first step is identify their core elements and mechanics, which have been defining the NR over time and are the ones making them unique and distinguish from other factions: NR machines with...
  20. F

A new home for Dwarves

A new home for Dwarves What I want to propose in this thread is to remove most of the dwarves from Scio'tael and move them to Northern Realms. I know that this is quite unlikely due to being a far too big change and NR already having a lot of different things still to be added from the books...
Top Bottom