Search results

+
  1. S

Is Gwent a pay to win game?

Patch by patch Gwent became more and more pay to win. And I am referring not to cards, which can be achieved quite fast even as a f2p player. I am referring to the pure meaning of these 3 words. Pay to win (more games). What was needed for this recipe? Lots of RNG. Thus will not be so obvious...
  2. S

Did CDPR just add the consume queen leader to everyone's acount?

What a crap. I bought it just to get a copy one day after...a copy a can mill for only 200 instead. Smart moves CDRP....
  3. S

I don't feel the game anymore

I am as well not feeling the game anymore. Even with the increased RNG, courtesy of the previous updates, there was still room for using some tactics and strategies to overcome the RNG sometimes. Now is pure RNG. As others were stated I feel the same: like I am again a kid and I Play that "war"...
  4. S

Kegs Drop-rate Analysis (Premium, Silver, Gold)

70 kegs, 4 gold cards (luckily got to choose non-copies), 19 epics (12 non copies, 1 premium), 65 rares (6 premiums) and 1 common premium. Definitely less then in the patches before this.
  5. S

Is the game becoming a bad copy of Hearthstone?

My feelings as well mate. RIP Gwent. Hurrah for HSwent.
  6. S

OLD Card updates/changes from PTR

Exactly my point. Noticed the same. I lost as well so many matches because of stacking golds and silvers as my last cards in the deck. After the immunity patch it became obvious that the cards drawing is somehow scripted. And there lots of other aspects: I use Madman Lugos in this deck. Chance...
  7. S

Gwent: Fishing Simulator 2018 ('Create' Cards)

Said it for long already. It was obvious their need to control the game given the most common human behavioral patterns which can be summarized as "I won, I rock / Let me buy some more vs. I lost, bad luck ". And as the bad luck will be like "bearable", no worries for cashflow. HS recipe. Patent...
  8. S

OLD Card updates/changes from PTR

Of course. Imo, for a Kambi deck is way harder to conceal scripting (rigging) behind the RNG sintagm. Even if it is not so easy to play it can ruin the predefined "randomness" of games. I mean in how many games they can push for hiding kambi as the last card in the deck, and arrange all the...
  9. S

Is the game becoming a bad copy of Hearthstone?

My opinion as well. And, imho, like any other f2p game out there they need a lot of apparent RNG to control the game so to please the donors. Hoped that they will take another path, but no. I guess a game where people are ranked upon their skills without any luck involved is not very beneficial...
  10. S

The Ranking System and its Shortcomings (MMR/ELO/Rating)

I don't get it...which is the connection between how many games he lost and the points I am supposed to get against this particular opponent having a higher rank and MMR then me?????
  11. S

The Ranking System and its Shortcomings (MMR/ELO/Rating)

Exploit? It is already second time I encounter this. A win in ranked against a +1 rank opponent is usually giving around 50 MMR points. When I was playing the last card, Freya and looking to the graveyard to resurrect a unit, becoming clear last round is mine, I suddenly got that message that...
  12. S

This game will never be balanced

I was just saying that no RNG is equally bad as too much RNG given the actual game modes. And I said the latter is HS case...and that imo Gwent is speeding to the same "too much RNG" format. While in earlier stages of Gwent skills / RNG balance was more or less there, I feel that today RNG is...
  13. S

They are both true indeed if the same hypothesis is taken as basis. If there are no constrains in deck building and no RNG the rank each player will have on the ladder would be decided by strictly by skills (like in chess or go) and game play will become very predictive with no surprises. This...
  14. S

You are welcome ;) And exactly my thoughts, you read my mind. Nobody is forcing you to read my post and evaluate my friends' luck and/or my experience in poker and/or my willing to play Gwent or not. OP is having a point of view, which is partially or full embraced by some or disagreed by...
  15. S

With the approach games like Gwent, Eternal or HS are having these days you are so very right. I can imagine a lot of games mode, where RNG is only a side deciding factor so that the game will never become boring. There were good ideas even here on forums in this respect. Mandatory to alternate...
  16. S

Fully agree. It is how probably +95% of the humans are wired. I have 100+ employees. 95% of them will say "Wow, what a success, I was really good! / OMG, what a bad luck/ It was not my mistake/etc". Only few are having an enough degree of self honesty to reckon (if the case) different things...
  17. S

Yes this particular guy is. Period. I have never seen him bluffing 'cause he didn't need to. He simply bets or pays on his pure conviction that he has the best hand. And yes, as long as he lost so few times, he is better than me in playing poker. What a savant conclusion from your side, I am...
  18. S

Not really. I've seen World Poker Tours Championship won by people not having an ounce of skill. Just pure luck. A sequence like make a bluff at pre-flop with 2 and 5 offsuit (which is ok, esp. when you are chipleader) being asked all in by a pair of aces and go all in with 85% of your chips at...
  19. S

Amen. Same opinion. CDRP took the same crash course as Blizzard. An evolved form of dice rolling. I was looking to those championships. Whomever is having the better RNG wins. One of the game was particularly funny: it was this commentator/host being ecstatic about one particular player and...
  20. S

A thought or two about matchmaking in ranked...

I noticed the same quite long time ago. In ranked, the matchmaking routine is considering the cards you have and match you accordingly. Made several tests: with 2-3 ST cards in deck no more monsters with Celaeno Harpies. Take out ST and monsters came back. Play SK ressurect, lots of NG /...
Top Bottom