Search results

+
  1. Restlessdingo32

Skill Checks Increase/Scale with Level? (2.0)

Short answer, doors aren't enemies. Wait, minor correction.... They're not the same type of enemy. Since they emit squeals with a different pitch when you break them. Anyways, scaling ability checks involves an important distinction. With scaled enemies you don't get gated out of content. A...
  2. Restlessdingo32

I doubt they forgot. Consider it from their perspective for a second. They revamped the character progression, tossed in enemy level scaling and adjusted a lot of other areas. Those are some big changes. It's very possible those changes could lead to inconsistencies with the existing ability...
  3. Restlessdingo32

Part of the issue here is the game originally pushed the whole fluid class concept. Ultimate freedom to be whatever you want when you grow up. 2.0 seems like a departure from that underlying concept to some degree. Understandably, it might not sit well with some folks. I could maybe see doing...
  4. Restlessdingo32

Plenty of past games have successfully achieved this goal without dynamically scaling skill checks. So, why insert added complexity to do so? That question prompts usage of the word silly. I don't know. Maybe it was viewed as worthwhile to scale all the things. Since it's potentially less work...
  5. Restlessdingo32

Scaling skill checks does seem a little.... weird. You need X Body to kick down the door but need more than X Body to do it later. It's nonsensical for this to arbitrarily change. Are we to believe someone runs around Night City upgrading all the doors to be more robust on a routine basis...
  6. Restlessdingo32

Level scaling ruins the game

I mean... it could be argued you're not supposed to become godlike in this setting in the first place. Night City is supposed to be dangerous. You're supposed to think twice before talking shit to a handful of gang members on the street. They might be sporting some hardware. Sure, V can push...
  7. Restlessdingo32

Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty - Twitch Drops

Eh, I don't know... I thought that stuff was normally setup where you watch/sub to any streamer. It's a different animal if it's for specific streams to get specific drops. Connecting those dots is both amusing and unsettling. I don't tend to participate in these twitch drops and whatnot...
  8. Restlessdingo32

Level scaling ruins the game

I've never seen eye to eye with the complaint. With enemy level coupled to zone based progression you're typically guided in a predetermined direction. Start in zone A, complete zone A, progress to zone B, complete zone B, and on it goes. Along the way your character levels. The enemies also...
  9. Restlessdingo32

CP77 power shut down after 2.0 update

That's just a generic error indicating the system shut down abruptly/unexpectedly. Are you sure there isn't anything else in there? Logs are your friend since they cut down on the guesswork. Abrupt shutdowns and reboots tend to indicate hardware issues. Faulty hardware, an unstable config, etc...
  10. Restlessdingo32

Starfield! Spaaaaaaace...ladders.

They added a survival mode in Skyrim, if memory serves. The community created survival mods were better though. So people just used those. It also took a lot of community mods to improve the combat beyond it's default complete ass state. And... most other stuff. And they fixed a lot of busted...
  11. Restlessdingo32

And yet, the ships can violate it. Granted, when I hear the term "Grav Drive" the bubble boy concept immediately comes to mind. Most of the very possibly hallucinogen induced adventures pondering up ways to circumvent light speed are founded on similar trickery. Can't accelerate an object to...
  12. Restlessdingo32

Yeah, I still don't see it. If you can do it with a ship housing a person you can likely accomplish it with communcations much easier. It may not rely on electromagnetic radiation (radio waves) but there are many ways to encode and transmit information.
  13. Restlessdingo32

I don't know if absurd is a fair word to use. You'd think if a loophole was discovered to navigate cosmic scales with manned spaceships in a reasonable timeframe then a similar provision would exist for communications though.
  14. Restlessdingo32

UPDATE TO PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

I'm pretty sure that's based on the hands on demo they had at events from a while ago. It's probably not wise to assume performance will be exactly the same in the full release. A demo is a demo.
  15. Restlessdingo32

Build Planner — craft your Cyberpunk 2077 and Phantom Liberty builds!

It's probably supposed to be "will temporarily slow down time" and "dodge or dash out of the enemy line of sight".
  16. Restlessdingo32

Hope that Cdproject red adopts Nvidia ACE

I mean... there are far fewer farmers and probably welders nowadays too. If you can do X with fewer bodies you don't need as many bodies to do it. Unless demand goes up. Once upon a time the Ancient Greeks went off to war. Quite often, as history would have it. Upon returning home they all...
  17. Restlessdingo32

Hmm... Speaking for myself, 95% of reading a review consists of looking at the available information to determine if it can be viewed as reliable. Considering the various potential conflicts of interest, hidden agendas, ability of the reviewer to construct coherent thought, etc. Looking for the...
  18. Restlessdingo32

Yeah, I wasn't expecting a cinematic CP/TW3 style game. More of a TES in space. Although, I never really got into Skyrim until SE had been out for a while. Most of that enjoyment was on playthroughs pimped out with mods too. Oblivion, a bit. Morrowind, yes (best TES game, in my opinion)...
  19. Restlessdingo32

Hmm, the reason I remain apprehensive toward Starfield is a fear the procedural content isn't able to provide longevity to the game. Say, there are 1000 planets but 800 of them consist of barren rocks where the only thing to do is to shoot things and... mine rock. A plethora of fetch quests...
  20. Restlessdingo32

Hmm. Your meh list is why I've been apprehensive. For some reason I anticipated a lot of this being in the mix. Fetch quests, the procedural stuff pulling from limited templates, for lack of a better word, busy work style time sinks, wide as an ocean, deep as a puddle.... Some of the reviews...
Top Bottom