Search results

+
  1. F

Shouldn't AS write a new book?

This article 44. of polish IP law could have interesting implication in video game industry. Like who is the author? engine programmer, audio graphic artists, dialogue copywritter, voice over actors, gameplay designer... should they demand bonuses if the game sales extremly well? Probably it is...
  2. F

Game or Game series you wish CDPR Got their hands on first?

Haha i like the guy. This Mistborn series hit some top sellers list so why not. Only drawback is that epic fantasy could be too close to Witcher universe. Cant mix too similar IPs. Maybe that is the way to go, to seek book authors with nice setting and some sales, who like VG and dont think it...
  3. F

Game or Game series you wish CDPR Got their hands on first?

Some form of modern day Vampyres but maybe better than Vampyr by DontNod. Something spooky. Could be Vampires, or some other undead mages. Definetly something they can keep going and expanding, so long term licensing. It seems that Fantasy, Wasteland Apocalypse is well covered. There is no...
  4. F

Shouldn't AS write a new book?

AS definetly should write a new book, that is an easy money for him. There is a thing with video games that developer could show bills for all programers, artists who worked on the game. It is not an adaptacion of script but fanfic in different medium.
  5. F

[Semi OT] Microtransactions, Lootboxes and in-game pay mechanisms - The Thread.

It s generally pro consumer for good to provide information what critical ingrediens it contain. It could be hazlenuts or palm oil. It could be information about online gaming, violence, gambling. Parents want information if the new Lego game contains MTX lootboxes. Adult gamers may as well...
  6. F

Single Open World or Partitioned?

Particition for better performance. CP could have high volume up or down (skyscrapers and stuff) The trick is to make transition which looks natural, like corridor giving loading time or elevator. In Witcher 3 it was bridges i suppose.
  7. F

[Semi OT] Microtransactions, Lootboxes and in-game pay mechanisms - The Thread.

Gambling of any kind should be taged as gambling correctly. So lootbox for cash should be 18+ or something. VG has enought problem with violence PR or being too sexy. P2W i do not like it, generally avoid such games. But at least they are honest in being unfair. Cosmetic MTX, in online games...
  8. F

Why Many Players Not Giving GG

Generally if someone wins he will GG immedietly. Lost side will do it sometimes or in response. Not big deal, since winner already got 33 gold.
  9. F

Gambling: Loot Boxes & Gwent

In general: I am in favour of claiming for-cash-lootboxes a gambling, even cosmeticis. It would result in changing rating of some games from 16 to 18, or from teen to mature. Which is not an end of the world. Gambling is generally legal (at least in EU) just need to be marked as one. However...
  10. F

Your Fears For the Game - Combined Thread

For VtB it is importasnt to get unofficial patch. Troika was falling apart at release so base game is a bit unpolished and buggy at places. As ig it is still good... the style is good, dialogues, characters, mood, some quests are great. Graphic outdated but with dignity. The fight mechanic...
  11. F

The question is: Can you stich together valuable single player gameplay with long lasting multiplayer. Answear: NO! unless you are Starcraft, GTA, Warframe, Path of Exile, Stellaris, Wargames, Civilization... Generally people want their 60$ SP ARPG, and will be VERY unhappy if they do not get...
  12. F

Slowing down time/Bullet time suggestion

With some form of cyberbrain you should have very fast thinking, like pause, with enought cyberlimbs you should have accelerate. But you cant jump with bullet time, once you moved the gravity works in normal time. Also if we have some hacking, we can hack enemy or something in time needed to...
  13. F

Philosophical Question: If the protagonist is fixed are you actually playing an RPG?

It is quite opposite. Only with fixed protagonist you have role to play! With own protagonist you can do whatever you want, and there is no real protagonist just avatar. The topic is a bit tongue in cheek. However if we want to target the role aspect of game, there need to be decisions and...
  14. F

There are rumours about Game as Service with Cyberpunk. Let me put it that way, i do not judge, maybe will not buy game, but do not take it personal. There is strong trend for PvE online coop shooter. Like Destiny, Warframe, Anthem. People want to play that. There is no wrong in making games for...
  15. F

"You fire your gun at a human enemy 10 levels higher than you - headshot."

One way to go: Part of character progression is via skills. The bigger part if via gear. The headshot could be from sling, or from top tier gun. CP is so nice that it is ingame to upgrade with new cybernetics. Result may vary upon target. Common human will be dead. But if target have some helmet...
  16. F

Vesemir needs to be GOLD !

I suppose this is a joke topic. Fun fact is that it will be a nerf to witchers. Since 3 silvers allows buffing with other cards like Foltest or Dandelion or Neneke. Also draw 1of3 is much better than 1 gold or bust. If you want buff witchers: change Eskel value to 7, so it will be a 3 different...
  17. F

Card that you can always rely on?

Triss, 12 points, and have utily of removing various critical units. Silver Mages are also cool for similar reason, clear sky is much better when you get some body with it.
  18. F

Anyone else have Open World Fatigue?

It is important to be specific, what we dislike in open world games. Since not all are the same. Can dislike bleak quest "go kill 16 ogres" without any backstory, and withour twist or emotional layer. Can dislike boring gameplay, dumb combat, very easy combat. Not versalite gameplay. Can dislike...
  19. F

Can we get an AO rating?

I see, so AO is not worth it.
  20. F

Can we get an AO rating?

I think best aproach is just assume CP77 will get 18 rating no matter what, and play along. Alcohol, card game, sex without underwear... it is easy to get 18. I dream about times when killing other human being= rating 16. Drugs are not really a hard topics, beheading happened in Witcher...
Top Bottom