Search results

+
  1. C

Oppressive weather is back !

this. Nerfing the weather actually did it good, because it's more consistent now.
  2. C

What cards do you think are unhealthy for the game?

Monsters and Nilfgard are both highly competetive right now. here's a high MMR nilfgard list that took me all of 20 seconds to find on gwentdb: http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/25351-vaysh-tgo-top-16-calveit Also - Limiting Igni to 1 unit is just unreasonable. Not so much because it limits the...
  3. C

Gwent getting Boring?

Off the top of my head, there's a number of viable decks to play right now. Monsters have Fog Dagon, and Consume, NR has Radovid in a couple of variations, Henselt reavers, Foltest decks. There's Skellige QG, discard (and hybrid), axemen are still viable without being oppressive. ST has a...
  4. C

What cards do you think are unhealthy for the game?

you people DO realise, that interactions with cards like scorch/igni is LITERALLY what makes Gwent a game, right? Without them, without needing to "jump through hoops" to avoid getting devastated, the whole game would be decided by who can draw more power, period. What makes Gwent a game, is...
  5. C

Problem with defensive playstyle of gwent

Let me guess: baby discovered his first buff spam deck, and now is upset that people are not dumb enough to just roll over and let you buff your resilient units uncontested? Here's a bit of advice: Learn to play. No, seriously - learn, because those of us that can play at least semi-well don't...
  6. C

Is Gwent a pay to win game?

this is either a very weak troll, or a really clueless poster. The definition of P2W is being able to purchase some kind of advantage, that helps you win. In the most extreme cases, the advantage is so significant, that winning is (nigh) impossible without it. Imagine, that in Starcraft, you...
  7. C

Reavers Must Be Nerfed Immediately!

Actually - there's plenty to argue. Perhaps you can start by learning how to play? Reavers are highly vulnerable to scorch and gigni - both of which are very comonly used cards, and both are neutral. There's also mardroeme, often used to counter buffing units (spotters, pirate captains, impera...
  8. C

Letho of Gulet Boosted + D-Bomb is too Strong

While it's not particularly hard to get the combo online, do THINK, people. We're talking about two cards - a gold and a silver, netting you an average 25-30 power. What could we compare it to. How about Vesemir (20 points buffed with Foltest), and Keira (thunderbolt - 5 points for her, 12...
  9. C

First impressions of the hotfix

have you tried winning? That usually works.
  10. C

Any good decks that play Ciri?

Also - Noxious showcased a ST scorch deck where Ciri is used round 2 as CA, then with schirru to shange into scorch.
  11. C

Suggestions on how to fight the current meta SK decks with NR?

there are several ways to de-sync your units against scorch/epidemic. Dandelion is good for that - I like to buff one witcher, one TI, and one BS commando - that way the witchers are 6/8/9, and buffing one scout and one blue stripe means he will come out on the infantryman, rather than the...
  12. C

are you kidding? here's my current NR deck - having no problems winning with it: http://gwentify.com/decks/temerity-3-0/ The deck has multiple high tempo plays - Foltest turns Witchers into crones, Dandelion nakes them do scary things. Shuffle the witchers back in with Nenneke, and either...
  13. C

Passing a round causes me to pass every round after that instantly, even if I'm ahead

that's how Gwent works, and it wouldn't work otherwise. You MUST play a card on your turn, or pass for the round. That's why card advantage is such a big thing - the ability to make more plays without passing, not just the greater impact of playing 3 cards versus playing 2 cards.
  14. C

here's one way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbn_EiZSelk
  15. C

The Last Wish vs Thaler

What the hell am I reading here? Thaler "not a good card"? Seriously, people - spies are VERY powerful. Just like Ciri if you can fit her in your deck - the proper use for Thaler is when you don't care about the points your opponent is getting - for example because you won round 1, and your...
  16. C

Share Your (Creative) Deck Names

NR light cavalry deck: Garryowen NR dandelion with temerian infantry: Temerity NG spies: Dick Steele NG reveal: who's that writin' SK kambi: playing chicken SK bran: branmageddon Dagon weather: fog me sideways Consume monsters: breakfast of champions
  17. C

Something is off With the Coinflip

if you don't see how winning the flip is an advantage, then you're just not very good at this game. And that's not an opinion - it's a fact. If you go first, then you always go down 1 card before your opponent makes the decision to continue the round, or not. The implication here is that if you...
  18. C

that's not crones granting you advantage - that's your opponent being stupid and choosing to put himself at a disadvantage to win the round. Tat's exactly why tempo plays are very useful, but it still comes down to points. Crones adding 20 to your board has the same value as gigni hitting your...
  19. C

Witchers vs Crones + general neutral balance winge.

sure, let's remove interesting interactions from the game. Witchers + nenneke + shani/reinforcement is a cool combo, but nowhere near disgusting or broken. Also, with foltest, witchers are equal to crones.
  20. C

Crones DO NOT grant card advantage. say that again. Crones, DO NOT gant card advantage. Number of cards on the board doesn't matter - this isn't mtg. Once it hits the board, a card is only worth the point value. Crones putting 20 points on the board is tempo, not CA. You are getting 20 points...
Top Bottom