Search results

+
  1. J

GWENT coming to smartphones

Unexpected, but welcome, news. No more playing over TeamViewer(AnyDesk) for me!... well, after the Android version anyway.
  2. J

daily rewards need to stack

Suggesting that your round wins (for rewards) only reset if you've gone past the initial 6. I find that if I don't have enough time to completely dedicate to getting 6 wins, I'll often not play at all, because even though the 6 wins can be counted as a bonus on daily quests, it still can feel...
  3. J

Sihil - My Balance Suggestion

I was going to suggest a counter-card (because hard counter cards like Old Sweers and Old Xavier Lemmens are very popular). The card would be called "Borsodi’s Auction House" and would read "Remove Sihil from the game. Replace it with Wolf Pack in the owner's deck. If the owner cannot win the...
  4. J

Card Suggestions and Tweaks for Homecoming

Card Tweak: Bekker's Dark Mirror text says: Choose a unit. If it's boosted, damage it by double the amount boosted. If it's damaged, boost it by double the amount damaged. With that card text it should be able to target ANY unit (to no effect), currently it won't let you select a unit unless...
  5. J

Collection Sort Order

Thanks :) Just wanted to make sure I wasn't delusional.. Even changed the language to Polish to see if it was alphabetical in Polish (names are pretty much the same, so wasn't)
  6. J

Collection Sort Order

Does anyone know the logic for the sort order of the cards in the Deck Builder? Some of it makes sense, so far I've got; * Leaders first * Sorted by Provision next * Specials then Artifacts then Units, then Units sorted by Power I can't see logic in the sort order of; * Leaders * Units with...
  7. J

The New Player Experience

Completely agree with the OP here. I've also got enough scrap for full premium, but going for the new player experience, and finding it lacking. My suggestions would be; * Adding a set of faction specific tutorials that teach the simplest archetype of that faction. * As you play through the...
  8. J

Card List - Collection Tracker - Homecoming

Attached is a list of all cards in Text/CSV format that I made as part of my collection tracking workbook. (Despite all the scrap, I'm reluctant to spend it, after all, half the fun is collecting - What's the point of min/maxxing if you have everything?) Hope it might be useful to others...
  9. J

Personal top 3 most fun cards before Homecoming

Before this Gwent becomes a hazy memory, what were your personal Top Three Most Fun cards? That is the cards you felt contributed most to the fun you had playing Gwent. For me it was; Vilgefortz - I liked the toolbox aspect, that you could plan far ahead with him and get rewarded or burnt...
  10. J

Homecoming stream 16.10.2018

Did I miss the leek that Burza promised "tomorrow morning" at the end of the clip? Despite having scrap for a full collection, I'm looking forward to starting as a new player with a limited collection and a whole game ahead of me. It's like the dream of being able to forget a good book as soon...
  11. J

GWENT Homecoming — see what's next for GWENT

CDPR want Gwent to be awesome and fun to play. I want Gwent to be awesome and fun to play. We're on the same team. The way I see it is that CDPR have given us about 5 completely different Gwents in the last year. I have found all of them fun to play. Many people are worried about the...
  12. J

Why is CDPR reducing all the flavour of the game (Card Names)?

... And Unseen Elder is just ... Unseen?
  13. J

GWENT: THE WITCHER CARD GAME GOLD IMMUNITY UPDATE

Is anyone else seeing the in-game patch notes as the July 5th ones?
  14. J

What I learned at 4000+ MMR

6. Isn't the opposite also true? I've always assumed it was Good Manners to forfeit once you know you've lost, to save everyone time, like knocking over your King in chess. Even on the final card the auto-pass -> turn change -> auto-pass can take valuable Gwent-seconds IMHO. Although I do seem...
  15. J

Why do people play as Monsters?

I play Monsters because CDPR made me, out of my 7 non-starter gold cards 3 are Monsters, and most of my first silvers were Monsters. Also Harpies are really good...
  16. J

Playing with your opponents graveyard

I agree with others, that if the Graveyard is a legitimate field of play, then it needs to also be a legitimate field of COUNTER play. I agree with the OP about Renew though, particularly since there isn't (to my knowledge) a gold card that allows stealing your opponent's gold card on the...
  17. J

Share Your (Creative) Deck Names

Eredin - Wild Hunt - "Lots of Hunts name their Hords" The Hound Reference - NWFW Language warning https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ItKF3xyci8 Harald the Cripple - Weather and Damage - "Weather to suffer" Hamlet Reference...
  18. J

[Suggestion] Show base strength value of a card

Another case where this base value would be useful is when something has been strengthened or boosted, then injured, and you don't know what it will heal back to. I actually think that a clear overlay marking buffs and debuffs could make those concepts CLEARER to new players, especially if they...
  19. J

Do not like Troll and Shop mechanic

I'm really surprised I don't dislike the Troll, I feel like I should. I do, however, have a problem with the cards coming in Kegs. Looking at the trailer the cards are about the size of magic cards, maybe 30% bigger. Unless that's a really small troll, then shipping a whole keg for 5 cards is...
  20. J

Will there be another wipe after open beta ?

There is actually a point in the FAQ addressing this: Do you plan on wiping accounts in the future? No further account progress wipes are planned, but — since GWENT is still in the beta stage of development — however unlikely, wipes are technically still possible. If we need to reset your beta...
Top Bottom