Search results

+
  1. A

Randomly placed Cerys

Then you'd have people complaining that she always pops in the back row and is susceptible to weather. Either way, there's a readily-used counter to however she comes up.
  2. A

Summoning Circle and Ambush cards interaction

Absolutely. I took a stack of papers this morning, put them face down in the copier feed, and hit copy. I didn't look at them. Magically (lol), the copier copied them all. And in order, no less! That sounds like a bug to me. Clearly, Compression isn't a unit played from the hand under any...
  3. A

Salty forfeit in ranked ruins winners points?

You assume I'm salty when I forfeit. You assume you get less because I forfeit. Too many assumptions in this thread. Did you ever stop to think that they are higher level because they are forfeiting, thus saving time on an unwinnable game? Did you ever think that higher level players can see...
  4. A

Gold immunity is gone, why not bring back NR promote?

I still think promote should enhance a card's ability. For instance, promoting a silver witcher would produce the gold's deploy effect and boost it. Things of that nature. Promote could be really well done.
  5. A

Are you kidding me? Seriously? I just lost a game because of this?

That's much different than the OP's situation. Yours is entirely your fault. Compression targets any unit, and the opponent did not have a valid unit. You misplayed it. The same thing occurs with other cards that must target a unit like Alzur's Thunder or Triss Merigold. You zap your own unit if...
  6. A

Are you kidding me? Seriously? I just lost a game because of this?

No they don't. Unseen Elder doesn't work like that at all. You can play Unseen Elder and eat 1 or 2 units, and if you let time run out, it will choose the remaining units at random. I tried this because I didn't wish to eat a 3rd unit, but the game forces you to do so if one is available.
  7. A

Does Anyone Have Info About the Upcoming Patch?

I actually disagree with Agile. Agile should be a rare tag that allows units to break from the traditional mold. The ability to place any unit anywhere utterly destroys the concept of having rows (melee, ranged, siege) in the first place.
  8. A

Struggling to reach rank 20

60% is a ballpark figure. If you have a 60% w/l rate, you're going to gain MMR. You make the assumption that you play your peers, and this is true to an extent, but Gwent constantly matches a rank (or two) higher or lower. The #1 player will not play the #2 always, but may play the #100 player...
  9. A

NG spy decks are stupidly good, NR is slowly getting the stick up the [bum]

So much this. NG could use some slight tweaks to reveal play and Emhyr, but that's about it. Monsters and SK definitely need a tone down. I still can't believe that a faction based on resurrection has so many mechanics that outright strengthen units. If Trololololl or Impera Brigade or Vhriheed...
  10. A

It's only semi rigid. MMR isn't a true ELO system where points are more finite. As time progresses, more points get added to the pool in Gwent's MMR system. In other words, Gwent's system is not a zero-sum system. Thus, the more games you play, the higher your MMR becomes. That's why high...
  11. A

Should Gwent Tracker be patched to everyone?

Gwent Tracker doesn't utilize the Gwent memory. That's why they can't detect who is using it and who isn't, and why can't ban anyone even if they wanted to. Encrypt all you want, it won't make a bit of difference.
  12. A

It's the same whether they forfeit or not. There used to be a thing where if an opponent forfeited, you got less experience, but that was corrected I believe. Just wait until you get higher, and you need 60% w/l to advance. I usually reach a point where it takes 10 games to get 10 points...
  13. A

Summoning Circle and Ambush cards interaction

But the card was played from the hand, regardless. They just need to put in some gold Ambush cards. Summoning circle won't copy them, and voila, you have more actual strategy. Because nobody really plays Ambush, and the liklihood of encountering an opponent also using Summoning Circle is...
  14. A

You misunderstood my statement. They can't ban it. They can't detect it. Therefore, they can't ban players that use it. Announcements mean absolutely jack squat if there's zero enforcement, which is impossible to do. There is no way to stop it, other than taking a heavy handed approach against...
  15. A

Power is relative. It's clear that SK, Monsters, and NR all outpace NG. Resurrection is fine as a mechanic. The problem arises when it combos with strengthen mechanics (which basically have no counter unlike boost mechanics), and there's not many cards that allow interaction with the GY to...
  16. A

You reasoning is flawed. They don't ban it because they can't. It's an important distinction. There's no technical method to banning Gwent Tracker. It's a 3rd party utility that doesn't interact with the memory of Gwent. They could ask the maker to take it down, and he'd probably comply. But...
  17. A

I don't use GwentTracker (because I play on PS4 mainly), and I know that it holds me back on games. Lack of having It just does. The utility that GwentTracker provides is invaluable. And no pen and paper idea will replace it. That's precisely WHY people use it - because it displays information...
  18. A

I can think of one. Eskel. He's rendered utterly useless vs a Foltest deck. But... that's all I got. :D
  19. A

Is resilience on gold card needed?

A simple lock destroys that combo. It also locks the Boar's ability. One card vs his two? It's kind of your fault for not having a method to destroy it or lock it. Even a basic Alzur's Thunder would wreck it.
  20. A

Troll Players or What

There's also Gwent bots. If you see it in casual, I'd almost guarantee it's a bot.
Top Bottom